?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

lenny

Quote from: greenlight on February 04, 2018, 03:45:33 PM
A dark dark day in the history of Derry football.

And hurling, beat by donegal.

Wildweasel74

If it wasnt for Offaly been so poor and i think we beat maybe wexford at home; all the rest could beat us! We just be above the offaly and wexford to stay out of division 4! Like the film 47 ronin i say we had about 47 supporters there the day! Played with a system the day but the players are either not there or too inexperienced to play it! Its def tough times for Derry team and supporters!!

scallywag

A joke,when is this madness going till end

bannside

What would your own solutions be?

greenlight

Quote from: bannside on February 04, 2018, 07:35:29 PM

Step 1: Pick a panel of your best and most talented players

As an example, are the two best goalkeepers in Derry teenagers? Have they ever achieved anything at club level? We had McKindless last season who played for Derry in the championship last season before appearing for ballinderry.

We are a joke of a county. Teams look at us now and think they have 2 points in the bag.

greenlight

Step 2: I'd also like to see an update on the 5 year strategic plan which we had in place; or at least how we did on targets vs actual outcomes

http://ulster.gaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/council/strategies/derry-strategy-2012-2017.pdf

Won't hold my breath..

greenlight

Step 3: I'd like to see every Senior and intermediate league and championship game videoed by the county board, so that we could at least have the impression within the county that the Senior management take some sort of interest in players who are performing well during club games. They should have a dossier of players from each club, and provide players who are performing well with training plans / tips (with a view of being called up in coming seasons)

Highlights should be put on the website, which would generally increase the coverage of the club game.

restorepride

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 04, 2018, 07:08:05 PM
If it wasnt for Offaly been so poor and i think we beat maybe wexford at home; all the rest could beat us! We just be above the offaly and wexford to stay out of division 4! Like the film 47 ronin i say we had about 47 supporters there the day! Played with a system the day but the players are either not there or too inexperienced to play it! Its def tough times for Derry team and supporters!!
What was the system?

braveheart

Quote from: greenlight on February 04, 2018, 11:18:47 PM
NOT
Step 3: I'd like to see every Senior and intermediate league and championship game videoed by the county board, so that we could at least have the impression within the county that the Senior management take some sort of interest in players who are performing well during club games. They should have a dossier of players from each club, and provide players who are performing well with training plans / tips (with a view of being called up in coming seasons)

Highlights should be put on the website, which would generally increase the coverage of the club game.
Every senior and intermediate to be videoed-a lot of volunteers involved in that! Or do they get paid per video. All but a couple of the best club players are in the squad. We,in Derry need to accept it. Gareth mc kindness is a quality player but his disciplinary record looks pathetic and as much as they'll never admit it in public,Ballinderry are fed up with him also. Danny heavron is a mistake,he should be on the panel. No matter about history,he deserves his chance to prove he is worth his place. Emmett mc guckin needs to loose 2 stone to become a county footballer. Other than that,we have what we have,a load of average footballers. Whenever we get the Slaughtneil players back,I can see every 1 of them starting come the Ulster championship. This is the reality

toby47

Quote from: braveheart on February 05, 2018, 09:32:23 AM
NOT

Every senior and intermediate to be videoed-a lot of volunteers involved in that! Or do they get paid per video. All but a couple of the best club players are in the squad. We,in Derry need to accept it. Gareth mc kindness is a quality player but his disciplinary record looks pathetic and as much as they'll never admit it in public,Ballinderry are fed up with him also. Danny heavron is a mistake,he should be on the panel. No matter about history,he deserves his chance to prove he is worth his place. Emmett mc guckin needs to loose 2 stone to become a county footballer. Other than that,we have what we have,a load of average footballers. Whenever we get the Slaughtneil players back,I can see every 1 of them starting come the Ulster championship. This is the reality

Slaughtneil would beat that Derry line up yesterday by 10+ points.

Waataboutyee

Greenlight with quality analysis like this, you were made for this board.

Waataboutyee

Quote from: braveheart on February 05, 2018, 09:32:23 AM
NOT

Gareth has been called a lot of things over the years but not so sure this was one of them!

Unfortunately BH, too many people on here and outside of here don't want to listen to reality.

oakleaflad

Can't understand what the thinking was yesterday, leaving Hagan and Toner up top and everyone else behind the ball. Don't think Hagan is a full forward and Toner is probably best used off the bench against tired legs. Neither of these 2 scored and a lot didn't stick up there. We're lacking scorers and when Lynch and Kielt aren't on only Lynn looks a constant threat. It's a pity Loughlin is away and when Shane McGuigan comes back it should help but points are needed. Also think Kielt should be hitting frees ahead of Bradley when he's on.

greenlight

Quote from: Waataboutyee on February 05, 2018, 10:11:05 AM

Greenlight with quality analysis like this, you were made for this board.

Any other actual comment to make?

tonesfirstandlast

It could be worse boys. Look on the bright side. The hurlers are doing well  :D :D