?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

screenexile

Quote from: Derry Optimist on October 18, 2017, 10:34:35 PM
To answer "The Impact Code's " query as to which club Derry Minor champions Ballinascreen are drawn against in the Ulster Minor club championship (officially known as St Paul's Belfast Tournament!!) to the best of my knowledge the draw has not been made yet.However I am open to correction on this.

More importantly I hope Ballinascreen keep up a proud Derry winning tradition in this tournament.They have many very good footballers and it would be nice to see them gain some provincial silverware.

In the past outstanding individuals like Tony Scullion,Matt Trolan and Brendan Kelly starred for the Derry Senior team on numerous occasions, a  mantle now carried on by Dermot McBride,Benny Heron and Carlus McWilliams.Every club needs an occasional extra boost and this competition can be an incentive for Ballinascreen to make the most of their opportunity.

This years star  minors like John Paul Devlin and Martin Bradley can do likewise.

Cheers DO but unfortunately JP done his cruciate against Swatragh in the Semi Final which just shows how much the lads stepped up in the Final with such an influential player missing!

Really looking forward to the Minor Tournament fingers crossed we can give it a good go.

Uncle Phil

Quote from: screenexile on October 19, 2017, 12:14:49 AM
Quote from: Derry Optimist on October 18, 2017, 10:34:35 PM
To answer "The Impact Code's " query as to which club Derry Minor champions Ballinascreen are drawn against in the Ulster Minor club championship (officially known as St Paul's Belfast Tournament!!) to the best of my knowledge the draw has not been made yet.However I am open to correction on this.

More importantly I hope Ballinascreen keep up a proud Derry winning tradition in this tournament.They have many very good footballers and it would be nice to see them gain some provincial silverware.

In the past outstanding individuals like Tony Scullion,Matt Trolan and Brendan Kelly starred for the Derry Senior team on numerous occasions, a  mantle now carried on by Dermot McBride,Benny Heron and Carlus McWilliams.Every club needs an occasional extra boost and this competition can be an incentive for Ballinascreen to make the most of their opportunity.

This years star  minors like John Paul Devlin and Martin Bradley can do likewise.

Cheers DO but unfortunately JP done his cruciate against Swatragh in the Semi Final which just shows how much the lads stepped up in the Final with such an influential player missing!

Really looking forward to the Minor Tournament fingers crossed we can give it a good go.

Yes, wishing JP a very speedy recovery!

A skilful, jinky, wee player; and as I overheard at a Minor game this year, "He's like a buckled wheel coming at ye!"

Best wishes to the lads in Ulster.

I still remember when CJ McGourty broke Screen hearts in 2005 with a clinker of a score in the dying minutes.

greenlight

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on October 18, 2017, 10:35:25 PM
We beat  Claudy by 1-16 to 0-13 tonight in  an entertaining under 21 B semi final , now  play glenullin in final on Sunday , ( Faughanvale v Lavey in A Final )

Anyone have any idea why the final is being played in Glenullin?

lagerman

Quote from: greenlight on October 19, 2017, 09:29:49 AM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on October 18, 2017, 10:35:25 PM
We beat  Claudy by 1-16 to 0-13 tonight in  an entertaining under 21 B semi final , now  play glenullin in final on Sunday , ( Faughanvale v Lavey in A Final )

Anyone have any idea why the final is being played in Glenullin?

Was originally to be played at neutral venue but couldn't guarantee the lights would be on

Rawhide

The draw is tonight. I think we will get a good first round draw, as I think Mc Erlean seems to carry some good luck with him.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Rawhide on October 19, 2017, 02:21:09 PM
The draw is tonight. I think we will get a good first round draw, as I think Mc Erlean seems to carry some good luck with him.

so Tyrone in Omagh it will be then so
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

screenexile

Donegal will be a very tough but to crack in the first round I think. At least we've a better chance than if it were Tyrone again!

greenlight

Quote from: screenexile on October 20, 2017, 12:15:12 AM
Donegal will be a very tough but to crack in the first round I think. At least we've a better chance than if it were Tyrone again!

Terrible draw for Derry.

Derry Optimist

Re next year's Ulster championship Quarter final draw against the winners of Donegal/Cavan and going on  previous history Derry will be at home to Donegal if the latter  win the Preliminary game and away to Cavan if the Breffni men win at Ballybofey in the first game.

Wildweasel74

We beat Donegal just once in the championship past 20yrs

Derry Optimist

If Derry have all their best players fit and available and play with the same spirit and determination that they showed against Mayo in normal time in Castlebar, in this year's Qualifiers,  I have no doubt that they can beat either Donegal or Cavan in next year's Ulster championship.

Hopefully Damian McErlain and his management team can creature a united unity of purpose and a cohesive proper game plan to make this possible.

On another issue is there any word on who is in charge of managing the County's U17 and U20 squads for next season?

Mountain Gael

Quote from: greenlight on October 20, 2017, 05:58:41 AM

Terrible draw for Derry.
Don't agree. Think it is a excellent draw and don't rule out cavan beating donegal and we always beat cavan. Great chance of getting to ulster final as tyrone and monaghan in other half. as i said in the past if we can play with the same heart as we finished last year against mayo then its onwards and upwards for us. hope we can get everyone playing at start of league as this has been a stumbling block in the past

restorepride

Quote from: Mountain Gael on October 20, 2017, 08:36:08 PM
Quote from: greenlight on October 20, 2017, 05:58:41 AM

Terrible draw for Derry.
Don't agree. Think it is a excellent draw and don't rule out cavan beating donegal and we always beat cavan. Great chance of getting to ulster final as tyrone and monaghan in other half. as i said in the past if we can play with the same heart as we finished last year against mayo then its onwards and upwards for us. hope we can get everyone playing at start of league as this has been a stumbling block in the past
We always beat Cavan?!  That is news to me!

quit yo jibbajabba

Yeah i wanna hear more about this

Keyser soze

What happened the minor hurling final, I heard Lynch's won this but I see on Derry website that they conceded, maybe it's a typo?