?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

braveheart

Quote from: restorepride on October 14, 2017, 06:48:15 PM
Quote from: braveheart on October 14, 2017, 04:44:38 PM
Awaiting the result from the minor championship final to see if the revolution in Bellaghy has started. Draperstown could never beat the Tones-could they TFAL? That would be embarrassing. That would take years to recover from
If you were still waiting for the result at 4.44, time to move out your time zone!
it was a said with a hint of sarcasm because when I seen the result I knew TFAL wouldn't be seen on this board for months because of the fool he's made himself into. He was already a tube,now he's a fool. Congratulations to Ballinascreen,you have helped this thread. PS I had to laugh at you're last comment on here when you blame the referee whilst admitting Bellaghy had been awarded 2 penalty. 2 penalties that were missed-lol

restorepride

Quote from: lenny on October 14, 2017, 07:52:38 PM
Quote from: restorepride on October 14, 2017, 07:30:25 PM
Quote from: Uncle Phil on October 14, 2017, 06:51:47 PM
Awaiting the result from the minor championship final to see if the revolution in Bellaghy has started. Draperstown could never beat the Tones-could they TFAL? That would be embarrassing. That would take years to recover from

Well done to our lads today! Well worth their victory.

Bellaghy fall at the last hurdle, a repeat of 2005.

Best of luck to Screen in Ulster!

Nothing beats winning with your friends.

The behaviour of some of your management team as Bellaghy tried to take an equalising free was totally unacceptable and a Screen player also walked right into the freetaker's face, sledging him as he went.  How the free was not brought forward is a mystery. Referee was an absolute disgrace, out of his depth, so a somewhat hollow victory for Screen unfortunately, as Bellaghy also missed two penalties and played last quarter with 14 due to more ref-interference from Screen sideline. Screen gave a better team performance than Bellaghy on the day and won in the end but Screen won no extra friends today with some of their antics, a minority, but grown men who should know better.

Bellaghy players or management don't need any lessons in sledging. They were up to their usual antics in the semifinal against us. Glad to see Screen beat them today and not that surprised. I always thought screen had the better players out of the 2 teams and better team players.
Sledging is wrong no matter where it comes from.  Are you trying to justify it? Screen had indeed better team players, in fact that was the key to their victory but still does not condone the antics in the last five minutes. Mind you, when there are role models like Lee Keegan at the top table ...?

restorepride

Quote from: braveheart on October 14, 2017, 07:54:22 PM
If you were still waiting for the result at 4.44, time to move out your time zone!
it was a said with a hint of sarcasm because when I seen the result I knew TFAL wouldn't be seen on this board for months because of the fool he's made himself into. He was already a tube,now he's a fool. Congratulations to Ballinascreen,you have helped this thread. PS I had to laugh at you're last comment on here when you blame the referee whilst admitting Bellaghy had been awarded 2 penalty. 2 penalties that were missed-lol

Clearly you can't spell but not being able to read is a huge disadvantage. If TFAL is never again on the board it will be too soon. It still does not alter what unfolded today.

braveheart

Quote from: restorepride on October 14, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
Quote from: braveheart on October 14, 2017, 07:54:22 PM

Clearly you can't spell but not being able to read is a huge disadvantage. If TFAL is never again on the board it will be too soon. It still does not alter what unfolded today.
I was not at the game today so I can't comment. All I can say is that there was no sign of sledging from Screen in the semifinal against us. We had big expectations and it was only decided in injury time. Games are won on fine margins and in most circumstances the best team wins.

DERRYSFINEST

Typical Swatragh, gloating on others misfortunes. Spent money on a minor set up, McGurn and Crozier and still mocking Bellaghy foe losing. Brave heart, you epitomise Swatragh, nobodies!

Bellaghy, typical arrogance. "Special group". What has that group won? 12s and 14s? This big blue bus might have missed a few stops.

screenexile

Quote from: DERRYSFINEST on October 14, 2017, 09:03:53 PM
Typical Swatragh, gloating on others misfortunes. Spent money on a minor set up, McGurn and Crozier and still mocking Bellaghy foe losing. Brave heart, you epitomise Swatragh, nobodies!

Bellaghy, typical arrogance. "Special group". What has that group won? 12s and 14s? This big blue bus might have missed a few stops.

I thought Bellaghy won U16 as well did they not?

braveheart

Quote from: screenexile on October 14, 2017, 09:30:10 PM
Quote from: DERRYSFINEST on October 14, 2017, 09:03:53 PM

I thought Bellaghy won U16 as well did they not?
Rossa beat Swatragh in the u16 final.

Newbridge Exile

Twenty mins into first half against Shercock we were  4 points down and  had 3 players black carded, we hung into only be down a point at half time, second half different proposition out scoring them by 2-12 to 1-01

JohnDenver

Quote from: left peg on October 16, 2017, 08:17:08 AM
Went down to the SN kilcoo game today and would love to say that I'm surprised but unfortunately not, the tactics the kikcoo management had in instructing their players to do almost anything outside the rules of the game were disgusting. Kilcoo were lucky not to have 4 or 5 men red carded and I can only say it's a god send that Paul McIver is staying with kilcoo until they win an Ulster title as it'll keep him away from the Derry job for a very long time!

Slaughtneil were as poor as I've seen them probably since their first outing this year but still had too much for the down champions, in saying that if kilcoo had have scored their penalty it could have been a very different result. On the penalty issue the referee had indicated he was allowing for advantage after a foul outside the area then within the advantage time frame there was a foul committed inside the area. It's of my understanding it should have been brought back for the initial foul as you can't blow for a second foul whilst allowing advantage, can anyone shed any light on this matter?

I'm almost sure if that was the case, then the correct decision was made to award the penalty. I think there was a similar issue discussed widely in the AI final, where Mayo should have been awarded a penalty during a period of advantage.

cornerback

Quote from: JohnDenver on October 16, 2017, 08:55:11 AM
Went down to the SN kilcoo game today and would love to say that I'm surprised but unfortunately not, the tactics the kikcoo management had in instructing their players to do almost anything outside the rules of the game were disgusting. Kilcoo were lucky not to have 4 or 5 men red carded and I can only say it's a god send that Paul McIver is staying with kilcoo until they win an Ulster title as it'll keep him away from the Derry job for a very long time!

Slaughtneil were as poor as I've seen them probably since their first outing this year but still had too much for the down champions, in saying that if kilcoo had have scored their penalty it could have been a very different result. On the penalty issue the referee had indicated he was allowing for advantage after a foul outside the area then within the advantage time frame there was a foul committed inside the area. It's of my understanding it should have been brought back for the initial foul as you can't blow for a second foul whilst allowing advantage, can anyone shed any light on this matter?

I'm almost sure if that was the case, then the correct decision was made to award the penalty. I think there was a similar issue discussed widely in the AI final, where Mayo should have been awarded a penalty during a period of advantage.

From the referee handbook
"If, during the advantage period, another foul is committed against the team which received the original advantage, then a free kick/puck will be awarded for the "second" foul if it is considered more advantageous than the original."

greenlight

Quote from: toby47 on October 10, 2017, 01:16:58 PM
Quote from: seanyb1 on October 10, 2017, 01:06:59 PM
You can add Emmett McGuckin on to the list of absentees - also not called up

So far Lynch, Kielt, Heavron, McGuckin.

Wonder what goalkeepers are on panel, was Postie asked back?

Don't know how a starting player can go from main player to not needed within 2/3 months. I know all managers will have difference in opinion on certain players but to not make a 30-40 man panel is some drop.

The only way that lad should be let through the gates of Owenbeg again is if he's rebuilding them. That's if his ego can fit through them.

What's wrong with giving the Slaughtneil keeper a shot?

braveheart

Quote from: cornerback on October 16, 2017, 10:37:12 AM
Quote from: JohnDenver on October 16, 2017, 08:55:11 AM

From the referee handbook
"If, during the advantage period, another foul is committed against the team which received the original advantage, then a free kick/puck will be awarded for the "second" foul if it is considered more advantageous than the original."
It is interesting that you can find  this information because I'd be fairly sure that most of the referees in Derry don't know it. A lot of them don't play advantage

Buzzkill

Big congratulations to Screen minors. Great for the young lads and the whole club especially after the disappointment of the seniors losing in the final a couple of weeks ago.

And it was brilliant that the young lads put on a great performance and won that game for JP Devlin, who unfortunately got a bad injury in the semi final win over Swatragh and was missing for the final.

Its been a great tussle between this Screen team and Bellaghy since as far back as u12. But finally Screen has come out victorious beating Bellaghy for the minor title.

This is an exact replica from our last minor winning team of 2005, who eventually beat another Bellaghy team having lost against them at every level at underage.

sam03/05

Is Slaughtneil home or away v Omagh
If at home mostly likely to be at Celtic Park? with the Owenbeg pitch poor
In winter

Wildweasel74

Clarity on the rule be nice seeing it cost Mayo a penalty if correct in the all-irleand final?