Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2011

Started by drici, May 21, 2011, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Fair play to most Armagh men though, they get behind Cross after they win the Armagh Championship year in year out. Great to know that they have that support. Any differences or jealousy's are left behind as they support them on the All Ireland run.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 12, 2011, 02:31:26 PM
His reference point was Mickey Linden from years ago but Sean Kelly got quite a bit of treatment the last day too.

Maybe even before the throw-in too. Sean Kelly was knocked into once if not twice as Crossmaglen were running out through the St Gall's guard of honour. Maybe it was accidental. Bad form from Cross if not.

crossfire

Milltown Row. Would you recommend any place close to Casement for lunch.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: crossfire on November 12, 2011, 03:31:03 PM
Milltown Row. Would you recommend any place close to Casement for lunch.

Wouldn't be too many places on the Andytown road that I'd say was decent for food
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2011, 03:21:45 PM
Fair play to most Armagh men though, they get behind Cross after they win the Armagh Championship year in year out. Great to know that they have that support. Any differences or jealousy's are left behind as they support them on the All Ireland run.
I'll be cheering on the shams  :D If anything to annoy a mate who idolises Cross to the extent that he owns a few Cross jerseys. Sad ****.

isourboydownyet

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 12, 2011, 03:41:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2011, 03:21:45 PM
I'll be cheering on the shams  :D If anything to annoy a mate who idolises Cross to the extent that he owns a few Cross jerseys. Sad ****.

as a neutral and being from bellaghy and having many battles with both these clubs and having massive respect for both clubs i wouldnt pick one over the other to support and dont really mind who wins,maybe ballinderry as there are from derry but if i am honest as soon as my club go out of championship football i dont care who wins.but what i  cant understand and detest is people who really want another team to get beat and make it known,that in my opinion is jealousy,i will just go to the game hoping for a great match between to great clubs and fair play to the winners whoever that may be.

armaghniac

Quotebut what i  cant understand and detest is people who really want another team to get beat and make it known,that in my opinion is jealousy

Don't Worry. Fitzroyalty can make it up by cheering for Cross' in the Ulster final. He can even wear of his mate's Cross' jerseys.
Hopefully it will be a good game.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

fitzroyalty

Ok, my club are traditional rivals with Cross, granted we haven't been within a hounds growl of anywhere near their level in over a decade, still doesn't stop the fact they are big rivals with us. Most people don't support their rivals. AK even said after one of the recent finals that his favourite win was back in 2006 (wonder who they were playing that day?)

I'd say plenty of Dromintee men, Cullyhanna men, Silverbridge men Ogs men etc wouldn't exactly mind a Ballinderry victory either.

Quotebut what i  cant understand and detest is people who really want another team to get beat and make it known,that in my opinion is jealousy
Would you not be jealous of 5 AIs and 8 Ulsters and a million Armagh SFCs!?!

Blowitupref

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 12, 2011, 09:35:44 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2011, 12:28:54 AM
Better than Nemo?

probably, they have a more competitive provincial cship to negotiate

I'd say the 17 All Irelands from 9 different Munster clubs would make that province more competitive.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 12, 2011, 06:58:17 PM
Better than Nemo?

I'd say the 17 All Irelands from 9 different Munster clubs would make that province more competitive.

I make it seven different clubs.
You CAN NOT be counting East Kerry or Thomond College can you?

imtommygunn

How many different clubs have won it in ulster?

- Cross
- Galls
- Ballinderry
- Burren
- Bellaghy
- Lavey

Anyone else? (3 derry clubs...)

Just about on a par. Been a long time since anyone outside nemo won it from munster.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on November 12, 2011, 11:35:51 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 12, 2011, 06:58:17 PM
Better than Nemo?

I make it seven different clubs.
You CAN NOT be counting East Kerry or Thomond College can you?

how many ulster clubs have won it ? Six ?

Cross
St Galls
Bellaghy
Ballinderry
Lavey
Burren

Beat me to it tommy, nearly for for word to.

Full list here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Ireland_Senior_Club_Football_Championship#Past_winners
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Armaghgeddon

Cant base who has the most competitive province over the last few decades.
Perhaps a 10 year time frame would be better. Connacht would be considered the most competitive based on the amount of winner having 4 different winner since 2001, Munster have the one, Ulster have 3 and Leinster 2.

imtommygunn

Don't think nemo have had much competition over the last ten or so years though. The standard of munster clubs have been poor enough.

Ulster hasn't been too bad with 3 clubs in last 10 years.

Dublin club championship about as competitive as it gets though. Some very strong clubs in there.

brokencrossbar1

Yes, that would be right hoof. there are 11 titles from Ulster clubs, our 5, Burrens 2 and then 1 each for the other clubs. The big difference is that since we won our first one Ulster clubs have won 7 and Munster clubs have won 1.

Anyway nervous this morning. Can't make it unfortunately but will be kiicking every ball on the couch!!!  Heart obviously says Cross head not quite so clear. Despite what people might believe injuries haven't cleared up and we will habe to make major adjustments to accommodate the changes. A lot will depend onn the start each team makes. If we stop them getting early goals we will win I think. If they get an early goal, well I just don't know....