Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 05, 2019, 08:55:55 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 05, 2019, 12:50:41 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 04, 2019, 11:49:19 PM
Quote from: GJL on December 04, 2019, 09:28:30 PM
Great 3 points to get. Why can't they play like that every game?

As a non united fan this is everything that's wrong with united. Rashford clearly had a point to prove to Jose and he'll think he's made it tonite. They'll revert to type and spurs will finish ahead of them

Rashford has been in good form in recent weeks. Wouldn't have a lot to prove as he was one of the players that Jose regularly praised. The opposite to be said about Martial, Pogba or Shaw.

Rashford's tweet after the game would suggest otherwise. He certainly didn't improve under that regime. He was brilliant last night but he needs to develop and take more of the opportunities he creates. He easily could have had 4/5/6 goals last night. I think there's still further improvement in him. Agree with earlier poster who said he's best on the left. I wanted to see him get a good run through the middle, which he did, and it proved to me anyway that he's better in the wide position. Martial is better through the middle. Ideally these lads would have older, experienced winners guiding them through their early year but they've had to be the leaders from nearly day 1. That's (partially) why you get inconsistency. Why they don't try to play at this tempo all the time confuses me though.....as Waddle said last night it's when they're at their best.

The other gobshite then had to stand in the middle of the pitch shaking hands and hugging all the United players. I hope his own players and supporters enjoyed that.  ::)

United were dominant for the first 65 minutes, after that it was more of a case of protecting what we had. Spurs were really really poor and United should have won far more comfortably.

Thats 9 goals from his last 9 starts and it could easily be 15 goals, looks like the penny has dropped. He got his chance at centre forward and looks like he doesn't have the qualities required to be a really top player whilst he does playing from the left, coming from deeper clearly suits him given his pace. Martial on the other hand isn't convincing me, he has ll the talent in the world but he's got to move more; There's so many instances of him just standing still making it so easy for opponents.

United's results and performances against the top teams have been impressive, its the 10 points from 10 games against mid table and teams in the bottom which is a huge issue. I mentioned this early on in the season and until Pogba gets back United are continue to struggle to control and win those games. I'd like to think Pogba will be moved on but whilst he's here he's a huge upgrade on Pereira who's way out of his depth. Fred did so much right last night but didn't cover himself in glory for the goal and needs to cut out the odd daft pass but his ability to get around the pitch is second to none and it helps having McTominay next to him and not Pereira.

United have Everton & Newcastle at home and Watford & Burnley away during December, he needs to do better against these teams then he's done so far and if he's still in the job come January he needs to bring 2 players in. He left himself short at the start of the season and its cost him points and potentially his job.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 05, 2019, 10:37:17 AM

As a non united fan this is everything that's wrong with united. Rashford clearly had a point to prove to Jose and he'll think he's made it tonite. They'll revert to type and spurs will finish ahead of them

Rashford has been in good form in recent weeks. Wouldn't have a lot to prove as he was one of the players that Jose regularly praised. The opposite to be said about Martial, Pogba or Shaw.

Rashford's tweet after the game would suggest otherwise. He certainly didn't improve under that regime. He was brilliant last night but he needs to develop and take more of the opportunities he creates. He easily could have had 4/5/6 goals last night. I think there's still further improvement in him. Agree with earlier poster who said he's best on the left. I wanted to see him get a good run through the middle, which he did, and it proved to me anyway that he's better in the wide position. Martial is better through the middle. Ideally these lads would have older, experienced winners guiding them through their early year but they've had to be the leaders from nearly day 1. That's (partially) why you get inconsistency. Why they don't try to play at this tempo all the time confuses me though.....as Waddle said last night it's when they're at their best.

The other gobshite then had to stand in the middle of the pitch shaking hands and hugging all the United players. I hope his own players and supporters enjoyed that.  ::)

United were dominant for the first 65 minutes, after that it was more of a case of protecting what we had. Spurs were really really poor and United should have won far more comfortably.

Thats 9 goals from his last 9 starts and it could easily be 15 goals, looks like the penny has dropped. He got his chance at centre forward and looks like he doesn't have the qualities required to be a really top player whilst he does playing from the left, coming from deeper clearly suits him given his pace. Martial on the other hand isn't convincing me, he has ll the talent in the world but he's got to move more; There's so many instances of him just standing still making it so easy for opponents.

United's results and performances against the top teams have been impressive, its the 10 points from 10 games against mid table and teams in the bottom which is a huge issue. I mentioned this early on in the season and until Pogba gets back United are continue to struggle to control and win those games. I'd like to think Pogba will be moved on but whilst he's here he's a huge upgrade on Pereira who's way out of his depth. Fred did so much right last night but didn't cover himself in glory for the goal and needs to cut out the odd daft pass but his ability to get around the pitch is second to none and it helps having McTominay next to him and not Pereira.

United have Everton & Newcastle at home and Watford & Burnley away during December, he needs to do better against these teams then he's done so far and if he's still in the job come January he needs to bring 2 players in. He left himself short at the start of the season and its cost him points and potentially his job.

He reminds me of a young Lucas at Liverpool. Does so much right and loads of effort but has lapses that undo all the good work he's done. But Lucas managed to mature into a great player when he cut out the mistakes despite all the abuse he got. What age is Fred?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Cunny Funt

I believe that tweet was directed at Jermaine Jenas who was critical of him and Martial for their lack of movement v Villa. Rashford had another dig tweet "get yourself home Wrighty BBCMOTD needs you.

Boycey

trailer

stiffler

Big game for ole. A result here will go a long way in obtaining fans belief in him and his regime.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

gawa316

He's went for it with that line up. Hope for a Utd win but can see Fred and mctominay chasing shadows all day unfortunately, as they are outnumbered in there

under the bar

Well deserved lead. Should have scored at least one beforehand. The arab-funded mercenaries will respond no doubt.

trailer

Square Ball

Well, who'd have thunk it. Jesus, who is that in the 17 shirt?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

under the bar

Similar to the Liverpool game so far where OGS had Klopp's number pretty much for all of the first half.  The difference being United have a 2 goal cushion, which should be 4.  City will come out of the blocks.  Can United hold out?

Cunny Funt

A stunning half of football from United. Goal was coming as Martial, James and Lingard had good chances to score. Not sure how the ref didn't see the foul on Rashford for the Penalty. Rashford missed a sitter after it and hit the crossbar its no joke to say United could be leading 4-0 at the break.

DeGea hadn't a save to make when did that last happen in a Derby. City to be fair to them had good calls for penalties but VAR didn't think so.

David McKeown

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 07, 2019, 06:25:26 PM
A stunning half of football from United. Goal was coming as Martial, James and Lingard had good chances to score. Not sure how the ref didn't see the foul on Rashford for the Penalty. Rashford missed a sitter after it and hit the crossbar its no joke to say United could be leading 4-0 at the break.

DeGea hadn't a save to make when did that last happen in a Derby. City to be fair to them had good calls for penalties but VAR didn't think so.

The Lindelof one was never a penalty and I don't think the Fred one was either but as I stated recently I simply don't understand the handball rule anymore
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

David McKeown

I genuinely can't understand how Silva can't understand that that's a penalty Following his foul on Rashford
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

From the Bunker