Down v Armagh. June 4th

Started by tonto1888, May 13, 2017, 09:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Targetman

I think the winners of this game could give Cavan or Monaghan a game of it, I think we all know neither team will be lifting any silverware this year but it's a local derby where the team that wants it more usually wins so it's evens your pick, Down by 2!!

T Fearon

Winners will not get within 6 points of Cavan,and if as I expect it's Monaghan another hammering,similar to the one Down got last year in Clones,is on the cards

naka

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 18, 2017, 07:44:54 PM
The winner of this could make the Ulster final as I think Cavan will beat Monaghan
We are division 2 use are division 3 Tony so don't tar us with that brush
Down are in a decent position where as Armagh are where they belong division 3
Can't see us getting beat especially with the game in Newry
Galway hammered Armagh by 13 points last week so things are not good
Down team I would like to see
Cunningham
Mcaleenan
G McGovern
D O Hagen
D O Hanlon
K McKernan
C McGovern
C Mooney
P Turley
R Johnstone
M Poland
C Maginn
J Johnston
D O Hare
B O Hagen
Galway beat Armagh by 13
Must have been at a different game 🤔

Down will undoubtedly win by around 10
Higher division and all that
In fact we are just glad to be on the same pitch with our illustrious neighbors
Hopefully you don't embarrass us and isn't it just
great Tony has decided not to go as it's beneath him, hopefully Spurs playing that day a postseason friendly that day.

For me Armagh by 4/5 pulling up.

armaghniac

Quote from: naka on May 19, 2017, 08:49:42 PM

Let's hope Armagh have learned not to pull up before the final whistle.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

OgraAnDun

Quote from: armaghniac on May 19, 2017, 09:34:47 PM
Quote from: naka on May 19, 2017, 08:49:42 PM

Let's hope Armagh have learned not to pull up before the final whistle.

Neither side will win pulling up. It'll be a tight one either way.

Down by 3.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

I'm chartering a private jet to get over to it. OK, Easyjet then.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

tonto1888

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on May 21, 2017, 08:54:36 PM
I'm chartering a private jet to get over to it. OK, Easyjet then.

As am I

T Fearon

I will  be there.At least we cant draw Laois in the first round of the qualifiers this year.I dont even know if I want Armagh to win this game and get a hammering in the semi finsl.

regal

Well folks, I believe a few of the Armagh lads were playing for their clubs today. Hopefully no injuries to be reported. Were the down lads playing for their clubs today?

Did Ethan Rafferty get another game under his belt today?

regal

Christ Tony, get a bit of perspective. Armagh supporters have suffered many lows over the last 10 years and quite a few under geezer. We're rebuilding, we have loads of people working extremely hard , we have loads of talent coming through and a chance to watch them in newry in a fortnight. 

snoopdog

I wouldn't be putting any money on either team for this game. Armagh might be a div 3 team but Down are very lucky not to be a div 3 team after our league campaign. I would take a hiding in a Semi if it meant beating youse'uns .  :D

yellowcard

Quote from: regal on May 21, 2017, 10:53:09 PM
Well folks, I believe a few of the Armagh lads were playing for their clubs today. Hopefully no injuries to be reported. Were the down lads playing for their clubs today?

Did Ethan Rafferty get another game under his belt today?

Think Down called off their club games because the county team had a training weekend.

PAULD123

Two bad teams with little prospect of success.

But I disagree that it is two bad teams of bad players. Both teams have some very good players (Clarke is a great payer). If either team had their players working together and playing the ball fast and simple with concentration then not only could they win they would be a fair competitor in a semi against Monaghan.

Monaghan do not have a big roster of super stars. They have a set of really hard working lads, playing to a plan and working for each other. Apart from McManus and Kieran hughes their players are not hugely better than Down or Armaghs. They haven't exactly got All-stars coming out their butts. What is better is that they are far better organised, disciplined and focused.

Brick Tamlin

Are you wise in the head? Have you not been watching Monaghan's progress over the last 5 years and the very recent unearthing of a few gems in both attack and defence...due mainly to their u21 conveyor belt.
You completely underestimate Monaghan and their obvious threat as an outside shout for honours this year. They have the perfect blend of youth and experience as well as playing and comfortably competing in Div1 annually. Add in a very astute and clued-in manager in Malachy O'Rourke and you have an excellent side.
Name me the Down players who would make Monaghan starting 15...id make it maybe 4 at a push.

Down will not win this game against Armagh. The applemunchers by at least 3pts.

onefaircounty

Quote from: PAULD123 on May 22, 2017, 12:47:36 PM
Two bad teams with little prospect of success.

If either team had their players working together and playing the ball fast and simple with concentration then not only could they win they would be a fair competitor in a semi against Monaghan.

To be fair, that's exactly how Armagh played in the league. Inexperience (oh ok, refereeing decisions) cost them promotion, but going forward with pace hasn't been an issue.