Ricky Gervais - tool!

Started by Long time dead, July 02, 2007, 09:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long time dead

Anyone see the Di concert – this muppet is banded about as the greatest comic genius of our time - yet he couldn't improvise for 3 minutes in front of a live audience- to say it was cringing to watch was an understatement.

Hardy

I've never understood the lionising of this plank. One trick pony and the trick isn't even funny.

Balboa

Regardless of this gentleman "The Office" was one of the best shows ever.......

MauriceMalpas

Quote from: Balboa on July 02, 2007, 10:51:28 AM
Regardless of this gentleman "The Office" was one of the best shows ever.......

FACT

I can understand why people dont like The Office mind, some of it is so cringeworthy but he comes out with some absolute classics.
"You talk the talk but you do not walk the walk vis-a-vis you have yet to pass your forklift drivers test.............."
;D

Goats Do Shave

Don't like The Office - don't like Gervais!

johnneycool

He was found out big time last night.

I'd expect his star to wane now no matter how many times he's on the Jonathan Ross show.

GweylTah

True Gaels wouldn't have been watching this subliminal British imperialist event masquerading as entertainment.

haveaharp

Quote from: GweylTah on July 02, 2007, 11:38:13 AM
True Gaels wouldn't have been watching this subliminal British imperialist event masquerading as entertainment.

Anyone with a brain or an ounce of taste would not have been watching that subliminal British imperialist event masquerading as entertainment.

passedit

I'm with Gaeltacht on this, wasn't this 'show' on at the same time as the sunday game? Hang your heads in shame lads.

As for Gervais, isn't his 'one trick' the cringing embarassment routine, a great get out clause for being shit in my opinion.

Bring back 'its a royal knockout' I say.
Don't Panic

Fr Ted

Have to say that rickey has went way down my list of comics.

If that had been billy connelly he would be still talking yet and bringing the house down,

All Rickey could do was sing songs from the office.

Long time dead

Quote from: passedit on July 02, 2007, 11:51:40 AM
I'm with Gaeltacht on this, wasn't this 'show' on at the same time as the sunday game? Hang your heads in shame lads.

As for Gervais, isn't his 'one trick' the cringing embarassment routine, a great get out clause for being shit in my opinion.

Think all in it was on for about 8 hours - thats some Sunday Game.  :P

High Catch

What did Gervais do that was so bad?

I didn't see concert and can't get YouTube.

passedit

QuoteThink all in it was on for about 8 hours - thats some Sunday Game.

Jeez LTD your arse must be sore sitting through that lot. did the Daily Express do a souvenir programme?

BTW

Sunday Game Live 1.30 - 6pm
Sunday Game        9pm -11pm.

Although i'll give you, it's a toss up (sic) between Gervais & Spillane.

Don't Panic

Gnevin

Quote from: Long time dead on July 02, 2007, 12:26:05 PM
Quote from: passedit on July 02, 2007, 11:51:40 AM

Think all in it was on for about 8 hours - thats some Sunday Game.  :P
They can be forgiven for watching it sure didn't the Bloody Dubs turned up 5 hours late , It was just brolly and o rouke talking crap for 5 hours
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.