Ricky Gervais - tool!

Started by Long time dead, July 02, 2007, 09:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long time dead

Quote from: passedit on July 02, 2007, 12:37:37 PM
QuoteThink all in it was on for about 8 hours - thats some Sunday Game.

Jeez LTD your arse must be sore sitting through that lot. did the Daily Express do a souvenir programme?

BTW

Sunday Game Live 1.30 - 6pm
Sunday Game        9pm -11pm.

Although i'll give you, it's a toss up (sic) between Gervais & Spillane.

:D :D I'd love the chance to have 8 hours to sit anywhere, btw Spillane is a far better comedian that Gervais!

J70

So he's no good at the improv. Big deal. Some people can come with stuff on the spot, others have to think about it.

Personally, I loved The Office and Extras.

Shamrock Shore

Never rated him but to see that last night (mrs watching in other room while I was listening to Pet Spillane and the boys) was awful.

I spose Queen Elton was throwing a hissy over something and left Gervais with the mickey in the hand but perhaps the Emperor's new clothes have been exposed.

Balboa

I would say that is Gervais finished now that the GAA Board Comedy Police have rumbled him, he will probably never earn another penny due to the damning critiques of him on this board.

Long time dead

Quote from: Balboa on July 02, 2007, 02:11:25 PM
I would say that is Gervais finished now that the GAA Board Comedy Police have rumbled him, he will probably never earn another penny due to the damning critiques of him on this board.

Tosser! The fact that it is a discussion board sorta gives a clue as to what the the site is for.

GweylTah

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 02, 2007, 01:41:47 PM
Never rated him but to see that last night (mrs watching in other room while I was listening to Pet Spillane and the boys) was awful.

I spose Queen Elton was throwing a hissy over something and left Gervais with the mickey in the hand but perhaps the Emperor's new clothes have been exposed.

Not stereo-typing are you? I'm sure Sir Elton can be all man in the right situation.

Denver Mayobridge

Gweyl Tah you've been very gay today!

rrhf

he is a lesbian you know - not that.. that matters in this day and age.  Every male GAA boarders fantasy. ;)

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: rrhf on July 02, 2007, 02:23:57 PM
he is a lesbian you know - not that.. that matters in this day and age.  Every male GAA boarders fantasy. ;)

then what does that make most of us.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

ziggysego

Quote from: GweylTah on July 02, 2007, 11:38:13 AM
True Gaels wouldn't have been watching this subliminal British imperialist event masquerading as entertainment.

I wasn't watching ;)
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

What Gervais did on Sunday was classic Gervais. His forte is to make the audience cringe at almost-real situations and plays the fall-guy at that time. The Office and Extras are testament to that. He nailed it again yesterday, going by the comments on here. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was pre-planned. I understand how some mightn't find him funny, but that was a classic Gervais moment, his type of humour - social awkwardness.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

I thought it was good. Only problem was I'd seen it 100 times before.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Square Ball

Been watching the Simpsons specials for their 20th birthday celebrations, why oh why do they have Ricky Gervais doing the voice overs? there has not been on funny comment at all, but then again why am I not surprised, he doesnt make me laught, and never has

On another note there are a few people who posted on this thread that are no longer with us!!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Square Ball on January 12, 2010, 07:19:09 PM
Been watching the Simpsons specials for their 20th birthday celebrations, why oh why do they have Ricky Gervais doing the voice overs? there has not been on funny comment at all, but then again why am I not surprised, he doesnt make me laught, and never has

On another note there are a few people who posted on this thread that are no longer with us!!
I agree on this weeks Simpson's shows but I am a fan of Gervais TV work but maybe not his stand-up. Of course I see some people like to insult him because they don't like his comedy.
On a side note, well done the Simpsons on 20 years. Pure Genius.

ziggysego

His friend has a head shaped like a f**king orange!!
Testing Accessibility