The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Garcia will score 15 league goals this season – and we'll romp to the Premiership title by February

:D :D :D :D

stiffler

Luis García,
He drinks sangria,
He came from Barca,
To bring us joy,
He's five foot seven,
He's football heaven,
So please don't take our Luis away
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Hound

I used to hate Garcia. But now I do believe that he is better than Pennant, Kewell or Gonzalez. Garcia gives the ball away because he tries to make things happen - but at least sometimes he does score and does create. Overall he contributes more than the others. Still I won't cry if he goes.

AZOffaly

I would contend that if every goal was worth +10 points, and every assist was worth + 5 points, and every successful pass was worth +1 point, with every unsuccessful pass or idiot flick being worth -1 point, Garcia would be in the red by a mile at the end of the season.

corn02

Agrred AZ, I do not think he should be near the team, but a squad player perhaps. I say this because a few games last season when he was injured I was wishing he could come on.

The Real Laoislad

We are spending so much time trying to land Torres im hoping Benitez doesn't forget he needs at least 3 or 4 more top players to get us closer to winning the Premiership,All the good ones could be gone by the time we sign Torres
You'll Never Walk Alone.

brokencrossbar1

I knwo what you're saying Laoislad, but which other top class ones would you have in mind?  All the ones in the paper outside of maybe Tevez are not up to scratch. 

And don't get me started on the diving wee, thumb-sucking waste of sperm that is sangria garcia >:( >:( >:( >:(

The Real Laoislad

Well Tevez would be a start i suppose,Also think we need two wingers as IMHO Pennent or any of the rest of them aren't up too it
But i hear what your saying Brokencrossbar who does he go for?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

scottish-dub

Problem is -everyone has money now and not enough quality players to sign -I can see alot of prem teams wasting huge amounts of cash on relatively average foreign players just to keep fans happy - it will be pretty much like it was 10 years ago, excpt with the safety blanket from the tv revenue

liverpool need a striker -why not go for naismith at killmarnock -not taking the p1sh -he would be good as 2nd or 3rd choice -normally I think all scottish strikers are rubbish but this guy COULD do it in england

Fr Ted

Lads,

liverpool never do there business through the papers, so i would'nt panic just yet, the hype at the minute has been partly caused by the media.

The pool are at the same level they were 3/4 years ago with Houllier. He bought hastley and look what we ended up with.  So lets give rafa a bit of time and space to get the players of real quality the we need to get us a team capable of mounting a title charge next year

charlie stubbs

Quote from: scottish-dub on June 27, 2007, 03:56:55 PM
Problem is -everyone has money now and not enough quality players to sign -I can see alot of prem teams wasting huge amounts of cash on relatively average foreign players just to keep fans happy - it will be pretty much like it was 10 years ago, excpt with the safety blanket from the tv revenue

liverpool need a striker -why not go for naismith at killmarnock -not taking the p1sh -he would be good as 2nd or 3rd choice -normally I think all scottish strikers are rubbish but this guy COULD do it in england

i have never heard worse!what is this idiot on about

Uladh

5live reporting strong insider info that eto is heading for the emirates

supersarsfields

Just what we need alright!! ::)

REDS SWOOP FOR KEEPER MIHAYLOV
Posted 27/06/07 22:05EmailPrintSave

Bulgarian side Levski Sofia confirmed the sale of goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov to Liverpool.

The country's champions claim the under-21 international has signed a three-year contract with an option for a further two years.

Mihaylov - 19 on Thursday - told Bulgarian sports website www.sportal.bg after passing a medical: "I have no words - this is the greatest moment of my life."

The goalkeeper, who made his senior international debut in a 5-1 defeat by Scotland in the Kirin Cup in Japan last May, is the son of Bulgarian soccer federation chairman Borislav.

The Real Laoislad

Quotewho made his senior international debut in a 5-1 defeat by Scotland in the Kirin Cup in Japan last May

No more needs to be said ::) ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Fr Ted

Liverpool have completed the capture of Athletic Bilbao defender Mikel San Jose.

The 18-year-old central defender becomes Liverpool's second signing of what has been a quiet pre-season, after the two clubs struck an accord over a €400,000 (£270,000) fee.

San Jose is highly thought of at the Basque outfit and was expected to progress to the club's second team next season, after a series of mature displays in junior sides.

Bilbao concede they were loath to let a player of promise leave, but have wished him well as he sets about a fresh challenge on Merseyside.

"For us it is bad news, but Mikel has decided on the choice of Liverpool and it was impossible for us to fight against a European giant," read a club statement.

San Jose is now looking forward to the opportunity to link-up with his compatriot Rafa Benitez (pictured) at Liverpool.

"It was a surprise for me but I have decided to accept the chance at Liverpool," said San Jose.

"I am very excited but now I know that I have to work more each day to get in the first team."