Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Michael O'Neill of Ardboe definitely worth a call up.

Donaghy from Edendork too.

How is McNulty going for Dungannon? I'd have him back in the squad if he's fit and going well.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

You could do worse than throw Danny McNulty a trial and see. He gave Trillick some fright in that first half. It's always been there, it's just getting it out of him, maybe another year older....another year wiser?

Agree with Michael O'Neill.

What age is Tiarnan Murray of Carrickmore?

southtyronegael

Munroe from carrickmore impressed me yesterday.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 30, 2019, 05:47:33 PM
Munroe from carrickmore impressed me yesterday.

Any reason why he wasn't on the county U20s this year.

Felt they looked a bit lacking at the back in the Cork game and Munroe would have captained the AI winning U17 side.

I think I'd rather see the u20s finish their time out at that level before getting the senior call up.

southtyronegael

Will be mega tempting to give young canavan More senior game time next year. Very exciting player. Not sure he needs arch conservatist harte in his life though.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Angelo on September 30, 2019, 05:16:26 PM

How is McNulty going for Dungannon? I'd have him back in the squad if he's fit and going well.
Very poor against Carrickmore, non existent the first game, slightly better second day but not good either. Can't see him being county material. If you're looking that type of target man I'd agree McNulty might be worth another look.
O'Neill also very good and could be worth a look at.

Angelo

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on September 30, 2019, 07:51:36 PM
Quote from: Angelo on September 30, 2019, 05:16:26 PM

Very poor against Carrickmore, non existent the first game, slightly better second day but not good either. Can't see him being county material. If you're looking that type of target man I'd agree McNulty might be worth another look.
O'Neill also very good and could be worth a look at.

I like what I've seen from Donaghy from the county underage. He's got the frame needed to play inside in the modern game and he's a heavy scorer who is very good in front of the posts. Even the games you mention against Carrickmore where he didn't stand out, he was still getting 3 or 4 points from play in them. We seem to produce small flashy inside forwards to beat the band in Tyrone but the modern game isn't meant for them.

Ryan Coleman is another guy we could look at as a target man, not sure he's really a natural forward though but just look at how McShane thrived this year.

LeoMc

Quote from: Theshooter on October 01, 2019, 10:33:16 AM
it will be sad when the inevitable happens and countless quality players dont get a chance  especially when there are so many passengers on the current squad
::)

Dire Ear

A few obervations,
Munroe won't be playing under Harte
McNulty Clonoe probably wouldn't play county
Canavan is probably a year too young
McShane thrived this year because Stevie ONeill was there
Lee Brennan should be starting

southtyronegael

What's the problem with Munroe and harte?

southtyronegael

I'm assuming brother? Raymond's sons?

GlenMan

Cormac still has another year at U20. He's Johnnys cousin I think.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Dire Ear on October 01, 2019, 12:20:52 PM
A few obervations,

Having saw Brennan in the championship I'd be more convinced than ever that he shouldn't start. I still think he could be useful of the bench. Hit a couple of cracking frees on Sunday though missed a few easier ones in the previous game. But it's from open play that his issues are. He struggles to get on the ball and is dropping deeper now to try and get it. Wasn't dangerous from open play at all.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 01, 2019, 02:12:20 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 01, 2019, 01:32:50 PM
A few obervations,

Having saw Brennan in the championship I'd be more convinced than ever that he shouldn't start. I still think he could be useful of the bench. Hit a couple of cracking frees on Sunday though missed a few easier ones in the previous game. But it's from open play that his issues are. He struggles to get on the ball and is dropping deeper now to try and get it. Wasn't dangerous from open play at all.

I agree, he can sing but he cant dance - metaphorically
Meant to be a fierce guitar player to be fair..

Angelo

A few obervations,

Munroe couldn't make the u20 team this year so he's not a viable option in the immeadiate term.
Dan McNulty has played very little football in recent years and I'm not sure if he's motivated to play or whether his body would be able to withstand it.
Agreed on Canavan, he should see his time out with the u20s. I don't think he has the physique to be making a worthwhile impact at present.
McShane may have picked a lot off O'Neill but it's not as if he was being operated by him on remote control.
I wouldn't have Lee Brennan on a matchday 26 for Tyrone at present, I don't think he offers anything above what the likes of Bradley, McAliskey and McCurry do and at present it's a struggle to get two of them into the starting side.