Assaults at GAA games

Started by Rudi, September 01, 2022, 11:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Did the person piss in his own shoe while there. The walk out the gate would have been interesting. Dad whys yer man only got one shoe. Sure hes the boy that threw the shoe filled with piss son.

Or did he bring an extra shoe in the knowledge that he would at some stage be pissing in a shoe to throw

RedHand88

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 11, 2023, 09:35:46 AM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 10, 2023, 10:30:06 PM
Cops shouldn't be involved in GAA matters anyway......
And if that GAA matter is a stabbing?

Think it's satire.... I hope.

clarshack

There must also be loads of incidents that are never reported on.

didlyi

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 11, 2023, 10:05:53 AM
Did the person piss in his own shoe while there. The walk out the gate would have been interesting. Dad whys yer man only got one shoe. Sure hes the boy that threw the shoe filled with piss son.

Or did he bring an extra shoe in the knowledge that he would at some stage be pissing in a shoe to throw

I believe they pissed in both shoes of a fan who was already asleep from excess

imtommygunn

Robbie Savage used to take a dump in the referee's changing room at half time if he didn't like what he was doing.
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 11, 2023, 10:05:53 AM

;D You have to plan these things carefully just in case the ref may be bad.

Robbie Savage took a dump in the refs changing rooms before kick off and didn't flush. He was fined 10k. Expensive dump.

restorepride

Quote from: WT4E on July 10, 2023, 10:26:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2023, 09:45:58 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 10, 2023, 09:30:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2023, 03:18:15 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 08, 2023, 02:57:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2023, 02:24:46 PM
He'll have plenty of time to sort out his issues when facing two counts of assault with a deadly weapon

There are some very good lawyers in Tyrone. And he might get a magistrate with a sympathetic ear towards the emotion of GAA.

I'm sure there are a million hard luck stories the magistrates hear. Unprovoked attack with a deadly weapon at a kids game. Though nothing surprises me, probably get two years suspended sentence.

Was just thinking about this. What happens if both parties decide not to press charges?

Think it goes  past that, if the PPS feel there is a case to answer, it's out of others hands, but why would someone not want this to go further?

though I personally have experience of not looking take something further and apparently it wasn't a choice we had, though nothing has come of it thankfully, though it was completely different circumstances

Was thinking the kindness of the GAA member knows no bounds. If I was I in victims position and the dust settled I might think of not pressing as he is clearly an avid GAA man with serious problems who made a huge mistake. But maybe that's just me.
That is just you.  Prosecution is required.

onefineday

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 10, 2023, 11:48:09 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 10, 2023, 10:26:28 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 10, 2023, 08:12:43 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 09, 2023, 09:43:56 PM
Nothing but a fair lot of scum following teams these days. Nearly as bad as the soccer. They have to start seperating them in the hill.

It's much worse than soccer.
fans are separated in soccer. Rows would be fairly common outside of stadiums in soccer would they?

No.
Ah now, rovers and bohs fans are notorious for getting it on before matches. Pats and bohs too and rovers and pats have all had incidents before and during games.
I'm not saying it's endemic, but it happens quite a bit and is much more orchestrated than them stupid fisticuffs between drink fans on the hill - which I'm not condoning btw.
As for people saying it's societal and illustrates a decline, seriously?? O'Neill showed incidents from the 70's and 80's, but I'm sure everyone has stories of the type of violence that used to go on both to refs, on the pitch and amongst the spectators - looked thru the lens of history, these stories have become hilarious local legends, but my guess is they weren't much fun as they were being lived!

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: onefineday on July 12, 2023, 09:51:24 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 10, 2023, 11:48:09 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 10, 2023, 10:26:28 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 10, 2023, 08:12:43 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 09, 2023, 09:43:56 PM
Nothing but a fair lot of scum following teams these days. Nearly as bad as the soccer. They have to start seperating them in the hill.

It's much worse than soccer.
fans are separated in soccer. Rows would be fairly common outside of stadiums in soccer would they?

No.
Ah now, rovers and bohs fans are notorious for getting it on before matches. Pats and bohs too and rovers and pats have all had incidents before and during games.
I'm not saying it's endemic, but it happens quite a bit and is much more orchestrated than them stupid fisticuffs between drink fans on the hill - which I'm not condoning btw.
As for people saying it's societal and illustrates a decline, seriously?? O'Neill showed incidents from the 70's and 80's, but I'm sure everyone has stories of the type of violence that used to go on both to refs, on the pitch and amongst the spectators - looked thru the lens of history, these stories have become hilarious local legends, but my guess is they weren't much fun as they were being lived!

I think the point is it is by and large a thing of the past.  I can't recall the last time there was trouble other thsn the cup final. Certainly not since covid.

But we are still talking about soccer as if it matters

Brendan

Video from the Dublin championship, man with a hurl clashed a sub around the head without a helmet, could have been killed

NAG1

Quote from: Brendan on September 18, 2023, 09:49:45 AM
Video from the Dublin championship, man with a hurl clashed a sub around the head without a helmet, could have been killed

The sub was acting the bollocks dunting guys on the periphery of the row and got clipped round the ear. All very needless going by the video.

Eire90

more toxicness with grown adults with small man in small village syndrome.

johnnycool

Quote from: NAG1 on September 18, 2023, 10:14:32 AM
Quote from: Brendan on September 18, 2023, 09:49:45 AM

The sub was acting the bollocks dunting guys on the periphery of the row and got clipped round the ear. All very needless going by the video.

you could hear the smack off it, the lads ears would have been ringing...

Nice to see someone went to the game on a bike so brownie points for being ecological aware.

Armagh18

The Down lads at it again few tasty ones going around on whatsapp!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 01, 2023, 10:15:54 PMThe Down lads at it again few tasty ones going around on whatsapp!

If that team in yellow, had have put the same amount of effort into their playing game that the did for the digging match at the end they could have been a lot closer..

Regardless of how it started and so on, the videos are disgraceful
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Was it really that bad or have I just become immune to it all, or whatever the word is..