Assaults at GAA games

Started by Rudi, September 01, 2022, 11:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

is it cocaine thats fuelling it

clonadmad

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 10, 2023, 05:23:24 PM
Quote from: full moon on July 10, 2023, 05:17:09 PM
Theres a strange defending off soccer here by some and pretending it's much better than GAA.

Barely 2 months ago a referee was hospitalised in a local soccer match after being kung fu kicked by a sub running onto the field and Gardai/FAI investigated RTE reported on it, he got 5 year ban

Dublin referees were going to go on strike last November because referees were being assaulted

FAI Cup final had large crowd trouble in recent years and other LOI matches

Quite frankly though I think much of the issues in both sports are more about the decline in behaviour in society in this country and lack of morals, manners and punishments.

No, there is an objection to whataboutery. Soccer has dramatically cleaned up it's act. Every incident you referenced saw multi year or lifetime bans. Compare and contrast. What crowd trouble at LoI games orhen than the cup final?

We should be able to discuss trouble at our games without reference to soccer, especially incorrect references to soccer.

Soccer is your game,Pal

Dont you ever stop defending it

tonto1888

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 10, 2023, 02:54:03 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on July 10, 2023, 01:36:51 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 10, 2023, 11:48:09 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 10, 2023, 10:26:28 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 10, 2023, 08:12:43 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 09, 2023, 09:43:56 PM
Nothing but a fair lot of scum following teams these days. Nearly as bad as the soccer. They have to start seperating them in the hill.

It's much worse than soccer.
fans are separated in soccer. Rows would be fairly common outside of stadiums in soccer would they?

No.

Yes. Plenty of rows in the lower leagues in England. They just dont get reported. Also a lot involving prem teams. Unfortunately I have been caught up in them before
What has England got to do with it?

thought we meant soccer in general. In soccer up here you still get the odd fight between supporters but it would be more to do with loyalist infighting

Milltown Row2

Used to live in the street where the away supporters got into Cliftonville's ground, the hack of 'normal' adults heading into the ground would sicken your hole, peeing in the gardens, scraping cars with metal objects shouting sectarian slogans and basically just being animals.

Just the strangest of beings. I'd have watched them from the window and recognised loads from work at the time and come Monday morning they seem fine  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

WT4E

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2023, 03:18:15 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 08, 2023, 02:57:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2023, 02:24:46 PM
He'll have plenty of time to sort out his issues when facing two counts of assault with a deadly weapon

There are some very good lawyers in Tyrone. And he might get a magistrate with a sympathetic ear towards the emotion of GAA.

I'm sure there are a million hard luck stories the magistrates hear. Unprovoked attack with a deadly weapon at a kids game. Though nothing surprises me, probably get two years suspended sentence.

Was just thinking about this. What happens if both parties decide not to press charges?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: WT4E on July 10, 2023, 09:30:52 PM
He'll have plenty of time to sort out his issues when facing two counts of assault with a deadly weapon

There are some very good lawyers in Tyrone. And he might get a magistrate with a sympathetic ear towards the emotion of GAA.

I'm sure there are a million hard luck stories the magistrates hear. Unprovoked attack with a deadly weapon at a kids game. Though nothing surprises me, probably get two years suspended sentence.

Was just thinking about this. What happens if both parties decide not to press charges?

Think it goes  past that, if the PPS feel there is a case to answer, it's out of others hands, but why would someone not want this to go further?

though I personally have experience of not looking take something further and apparently it wasn't a choice we had, though nothing has come of it thankfully, though it was completely different circumstances
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

WT4E

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2023, 09:45:58 PM

Think it goes  past that, if the PPS feel there is a case to answer, it's out of others hands, but why would someone not want this to go further?

though I personally have experience of not looking take something further and apparently it wasn't a choice we had, though nothing has come of it thankfully, though it was completely different circumstances

Was thinking the kindness of the GAA member knows no bounds. If I was I in victims position and the dust settled I might think of not pressing as he is clearly an avid GAA man with serious problems who made a huge mistake. But maybe that's just me.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: WT4E on July 10, 2023, 10:26:52 PM

Was thinking the kindness of the GAA member knows no bounds. If I was I in victims position and the dust settled I might think of not pressing as he is clearly an avid GAA man with serious problems who made a huge mistake. But maybe that's just me.

If you or one of your kids was stabbed you'd just think it was just a moment of madness and let it go?

WT4E

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2023, 10:28:52 PM

If you or one of your kids was stabbed you'd just think it was just a moment of madness and let it go?

I didn't mention kids. And I said I might let it go myself if I thought about the circumstances and party involved.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: WT4E on July 11, 2023, 12:13:24 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2023, 10:28:52 PM

I didn't mention kids. And I said I might let it go myself if I thought about the circumstances and party involved.

As I mentioned earlier, most people in jail have some mental health issues, related to lots of different things in their childhood, environment or just unlucky bad shit. So we just excuse it because they are mad GAA men?

I mentioned kids because kids were there, on the pitch, witnessing someone attack people with a knife, had a child, your child accidentally been caught up in that, you're happy to let it slide? Seriously?

Eire90

reports of people throwing flares at games too.

Armagh18

Quote from: Eire90 on July 11, 2023, 02:47:13 AM
reports of people throwing flares at games too.
lots of flares at the Armagh Down semi final in Clones. Big crackdown on them for the final then but obviously missed the fecking firework some idiot brought to the final and let off on the hill after the penalties

Baile Brigín 2

The state can still prosecute if there is evidence

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 10, 2023, 10:30:06 PM
Cops shouldn't be involved in GAA matters anyway......
And if that GAA matter is a stabbing?

didlyi

I know of on incident where a shoe full of urine was thrown in a terrace at a certain hurling match this year