Assaults at GAA games

Started by Rudi, September 01, 2022, 11:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 09, 2023, 09:43:56 PM
Nothing but a fair lot of scum following teams these days. Nearly as bad as the soccer. They have to start seperating them in the hill.
Is that true though? When was the last row at a soccer game?

markl121

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 10, 2023, 02:22:37 AM
Nothing but a fair lot of scum following teams these days. Nearly as bad as the soccer. They have to start seperating them in the hill.
Wasn't there a row at the fai cup final last year? Gardai had to wade into the shelbourne end to pull some lads out

RedHand88

It's much worse than soccer.

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 10, 2023, 08:12:43 AM

fans are separated in soccer. Rows would be fairly common outside of stadiums in soccer would they?

RedHand88

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 10, 2023, 10:26:28 AM

fans are separated in soccer. Rows would be fairly common outside of stadiums in soccer would they?

No.

Baile Brigín 2

No.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: markl121 on July 10, 2023, 07:14:15 AM
Wasn't there a row at the fai cup final last year? Gardai had to wade into the shelbourne end to pull some lads out

Yes, there was. Fair enough, but that was November and I don't recall anything else this sesson or last.
In the meantime how many incidents at GAA games?

I think the days of pointing at soccer as a bad example are long gone.

rrhf

I have to agree with that. Soccer is such a bad example of a sport to compare to it, often ran by a corrupt mercenary organisation counting ultras and fascists among supporters. The GAA needs to keep its own standards and keep them better...

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: rrhf on July 10, 2023, 12:10:45 PM
I have to agree with that. Soccer is such a bad example of a sport to compare to it, often ran by a corrupt mercenary organisation counting ultras and fascists among supporters. The GAA needs to keep its own standards and keep them better...

Those well known Irish soccer fascists...

Gaago? Not mercinary?

Why are we even talkimg about soccer?

Franko

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 10, 2023, 01:13:13 PM

Gaago? Not mercinary?

Agreed

Shouldn't even be mentioned in this discussion

The GAA have an issue and it needs resolved

Hopefully we don't get to the stage where we need to forcibly segregate supporters as that is just the absolute pits

But any and all solutions should remain on the table

Rossfan

Gaago? Not mercinary?

Because it has had to segregate its followers for the last 50 years maybe?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tonto1888

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 10, 2023, 11:48:09 AM

No.

Yes. Plenty of rows in the lower leagues in England. They just dont get reported. Also a lot involving prem teams. Unfortunately I have been caught up in them before

clarshack

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 10, 2023, 11:51:50 AM
Quote from: markl121 on July 10, 2023, 07:14:15 AM

Yes, there was. Fair enough, but that was November and I don't recall anything else this sesson or last.
In the meantime how many incidents at GAA games?

I think the days of pointing at soccer as a bad example are long gone.

I think the GAA is going to get worse before it gets better.

Cavan19

Quote from: Franko on July 10, 2023, 01:18:24 PM

Gaago? Not mercinary?

Agreed

Shouldn't even be mentioned in this discussion

The GAA have an issue and it needs resolved

Hopefully we don't get to the stage where we need to forcibly segregate supporters as that is just the absolute pits

But any and all solutions should remain on the table

It does seem to be only on the terraces where there are issues because you get groups of "friends" in one area and they are all tough men when they have a few around them.

Drink and Drugs are a major contributory factor and nothing is going to change there so its hard to know the best way for the GAA to deal with this.  Someday someone is going to get a box and smash there head off a concrete step and then they will be forced into action.