FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 16, 2023, 04:20:50 PM
Before you get carried away with the GAA's contribution to Women's soccer. The LGFA put their under 14 girls All Ireland Finals on the same weekend as the under 14 Gaynor Cup. The Gaynor Cup is held the same weekend every year. There were a plethora of girls who missed out on both sides of a big moment in their sporting lives.

GAA has little respect in the for soccer in the boardrooms. And are aggressive in their dealing with Soccer.

It's the same tedious article whenever an Irish team succeed. X amount played football so therefore the GAA are the real hero's of the story. Interesting that they never write it the other way round - pick a ladies team and list how many played soccer and thank the FAI.

Sportacus

Pathetic that it's not available in the North via RTE. Just a stupid message on RTE2 and a black screen.

gallsman

Intriguing enough first half. Problem is McCabe and O'Sullivan are leagues above everyone else in the team. Hard to see them lasting the pace.

From the Bunker

Quote from: gallsman on July 20, 2023, 12:00:29 PM
Intriguing enough first half. Problem is McCabe and O'Sullivan are leagues above everyone else in the team. Hard to see them lasting the pace.

You'd have Louise Quinn in that bracket also.

From the Bunker

Cheap penalty given away by Sheva after all that good work. Australia looked empty of scoring chances up to that!

gallsman

Good response to the goal. Played much better football after it. They're "just missing that little bit of quality" up front. Surprised Carusa wasn't brought of earlier and that Barrett didn't come on. Larkin and Quinn coming on had big impacts.

ONeill

Pure panic set in when Ireland had a chance to get a shot off.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Capt Pat

I don't see what Carusa brings to the team that Barrett doesn't.

Ireland were too negative early on. They showed after the goal that they could compete with the Aussies.

The penalty was unfortunate as Australia didn't threaten Brosnan either before or after it.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 20, 2023, 01:12:18 PM

Ireland were too negative early on. They showed after the goal that they could compete with the Aussies.

The penalty was unfortunate as Australia didn't threaten Brosnan either before or after it.

Barrett is one of those who can do the lone striker stuff and is good on the break one on one. She has no threat in the air . When we were pushing on, the Australian backline was crowded. We were only going to score from a deflected shot, dead ball or a header.

gallsman

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 20, 2023, 01:12:18 PM

Australia sat back after the goal which allowed Ireland to play a bit more, McCabe was freed up etc. Don't be fooled, Australia are much superior side, even without Sam Kerr in the lineup. The reason the game was so tight is down to Ireland playing so well defensively.

weareros

It's a tough group with two top 10 teams and two potential winners in Aussies and Canada. Need a shock win over Olympic champions Canada to have a chance to progress. Realistically it's looking like a first round exit. Can't fault their battling qualities and deserved a point today.

Never beat the deeler

Will be there next week to cheer them on against Canada. Hoping for a Giants stadium-esque 1-0

Unlucky with the penalty, listening to the Aussie commentary you would think it was stone wall.
Similar incidents happen every time the ball goes in the box, if the player goes down they can all be given.

Pity one of the chances at the end couldn't just have fallen nicely. Them's the breaks
Hasta la victoria siempre

bogball88

gallsman

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on July 21, 2023, 01:07:06 AM
Will be there next week to cheer them on against Canada. Hoping for a Giants stadium-esque 1-0

Unlucky with the penalty, listening to the Aussie commentary you would think it was stone wall.
Similar incidents happen every time the ball goes in the box, if the player goes down they can all be given.

Pity one of the chances at the end couldn't just have fallen nicely. Them's the breaks

It was absolutely a stonewall penalty.

An Watcher

Stonewall my @rse.  See plenty of them not given.  She got caught on the wrong side and it was clumsy more than anything.  Girl didn't need to be asked twice to go down either.  That's the breaks though.
Big break with this mornings result though.  If they can draw v Canada, big ask I know, then a win against Nigeria would be enough