Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 26, 2016, 12:24:14 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 26, 2016, 11:10:46 AM
Talk Sport this morning said that the image rights issue that was delaying the announcement was due in part that Chelsea still retaining image rights for JM. Anyone know how that could be the case??

I would have thought this would all be terminated when he got sacked? However listening to radio last night these Jose M brands (aftershave. Leather products etc) are still in place and still have quite a few years remaining. One example, JM is sponsored by Jaguar. Utd automobile contract is Chevrolet who do not want the Jag contract in place when he comes to Utd.

Might be a case of Chelsea paid jose for the image rights and United are trying to put the liability on jose to buy it back not them.  Can't imagine it's material in the scheme of the overall package.

yellowcard

I could see Ibrahimovic, Bale/Benzema & Stones/Varane ending up at Man Utd. Ibrahimovic sounds very realistic, he is the prototype Mourinho player with the attitude to match. Benzema he knows very well and is an excellent striker whilst Bale will return to the EPL in the next year or two not sure if its tiem yet though.

Stones he will get if he still wants him (good footballer on the ball, though not entirely convinced about his defending). Varane would be an excellent buy and Mourinho was a big fan of his whilst at Real. Any 3 of these would be very good additions and I don't expect wholsale changes, I think he will buy just a few players but big names to send out a statement.

screenexile

Quote from: yellowcard on May 26, 2016, 02:37:44 PM
I could see Ibrahimovic, Bale/Benzema & Stones/Varane ending up at Man Utd. Ibrahimovic sounds very realistic, he is the prototype Mourinho player with the attitude to match. Benzema he knows very well and is an excellent striker whilst Bale will return to the EPL in the next year or two not sure if its tiem yet though.

Stones he will get if he still wants him (good footballer on the ball, though not entirely convinced about his defending). Varane would be an excellent buy and Mourinho was a big fan of his whilst at Real. Any 3 of these would be very good additions and I don't expect wholsale changes, I think he will buy just a few players but big names to send out a statement.

What?? He's lazy as sin and goes missing a lot of the time. I hope he does go he's massively over rated and is coming to the end of his career so he'll manage very little at OT just like Schweinsteiger before him!

StGallsGAA

QuoteTalk Sport this morning said that the image rights issue that was delaying the announcement was due in part that Chelsea still retaining image rights for JM. Anyone know how that could be the case??

I would have thought this would all be terminated when he got sacked? However listening to radio last night these Jose M brands (aftershave. Leather products etc) are still in place and still have quite a few years remaining. One example, JM is sponsored by Jaguar. Utd automobile contract is Chevrolet who do not want the Jag contract in place when he comes to Utd.

Might be a case of Chelsea paid jose for the image rights and United are trying to put the liability on jose to buy it back not them. Can't imagine it's material in the scheme of the overall package.

It sounds very material indeed, since Chelsea apparently rake in MILLIONS from owning the image rights.  Can you imagine how much more valuable those rights will be to them when he's managing what is arguably the most famous club in the world and the #1 by a long way where marketing revenue is concerned?  The buy out (if presumably that cost is United's) will be massive, especially as Ambramovic probably is in no rush to sell.  And why would he? Its not as if he needs it.

Jeepers Creepers

The revenue generated from signing Ibrahimovic alone could cover the cost of Utd missing out on CL football. This according to a football finance expert in the Guardian yesterday.

Minder

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 26, 2016, 03:53:18 PM
The revenue generated from signing Ibrahimovic alone could cover the cost of Utd missing out on CL football. This according to a football finance expert in the Guardian yesterday.

But won't help if you try to sign players that want to play in the Champions League next season.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Minder on May 26, 2016, 03:55:12 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 26, 2016, 03:53:18 PM

But won't help if you try to sign players that want to play in the Champions League next season.

Possibly. Just thought it was a staggering statement, if true. Its all about the Benjamins...

GJL

The Special one has signed for the Special club. Let the fun begin.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GJL

magpie seanie

Quote from: GJL on May 26, 2016, 05:46:23 PM

He's not special any more.

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 26, 2016, 08:28:58 PM

Not happy MS?

sammymaguire

Two great appointments given the state of affairs at the club with no European Cup next season
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

magpie seanie

Quote from: NAG1 on May 26, 2016, 08:45:08 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 26, 2016, 08:28:58 PM

Not happy MS?

Not one bit. The guy is a stain on an already besmirched game. United to me was special and stood for more than just winning matches and trophies  (whether that was real or my imagination doesn't matter). Now it's clear the club is no different to any other if the need for success means employing that tr**p.