Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 11, 2020, 12:32:35 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 10, 2020, 11:01:18 PM
Got there eventually but how much has that 120 plus minutes taken out of that group of United players when you consider it was played in 29c heat.

The Copenhagen goalie Johnson pulled off a number of World class and centre back Nelson was outstanding. United also hit the woodwork 3 times and had 26 shots on goal for a long time it looked like one of those nights.

A very decent first full season for Solskjaer 3rd place finish in the league, semi finalists in the league cup, FA Cup semi finalists and now Europa league semi finalists.

;D

Nobody's celebrating. Just it looked impossible to finish third in December.  Thanks for the trophy anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

So it's Sevilla for United in semi final on Sunday. Sevilla finished 4th in the La Liga level on points with Atletico Madrid in 3rd. They are unbeaten since February and knocked United out of the Champions league in March 2018 when Jose had a rant about his own football heritage.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 11, 2020, 10:00:35 PM
So it's Sevilla for United in semi final on Sunday. Sevilla finished 4th in the La Liga level on points with Atletico Madrid in 3rd. They are unbeaten since February and knocked United out of the Champions league in March 2018 when Jose had a rant about his own football heritage.

Sevilla have a decent record in this competition
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 11, 2020, 10:39:05 PM

They have the best record...a little better than decent

Boycey

Yeah but is it a competition you want to have the best record in....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on August 11, 2020, 10:43:43 PM

If your target is winning this competition then yes, they have the best. They beat an up and coming team a few years ago handy enough.

I actually think they'll have too much for Utd
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 11, 2020, 11:01:26 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 11, 2020, 10:43:43 PM

If your target is winning this competition then yes, they have the best. They beat an up and coming team a few years ago handy enough.

I actually think they'll have too much for Utd

I don't think there was too much in it last night for Wolves and United would keep the ball better than them at the moment.

I think the extra time will have a bit of a say in it, but then with an extra days rest you would think that would tell too.

Going forward defintely good enough to take what is left, it is just a matter of not being sloppy at the back which they were more than a few times on Monday night.

snoopdog

United defence would worry me. I'm at a loss on how to explain how they have the 2nd best defensive record in the PL.  Sancho shouldn't be the priority , a solid central pairing and a solid defensive midfielder who will let pogba and bruno roam should be priorities.

NAG1

Quote from: snoopdog on August 12, 2020, 10:19:34 AM
United defence would worry me. I'm at a loss on how to explain how they have the 2nd best defensive record in the PL.  Sancho shouldn't be the priority , a solid central pairing and a solid defensive midfielder who will let pogba and bruno roam should be priorities.

I do think a lot of that is down to HM and despite DeGea's failings him as well.
Since HM arrived he has been a consistent performer, his price tag isnt his fault, he can look clumsy at times but he is assured on the ball and not the worst positionally (in general). Give him a decent pacey consistent player to pair with and he would be even more settled.

Agreed on Sancho he would be on my nice to have list and not my need to have. But can see the point now that you have Bruno in play another game changer could make all the difference.

An Watcher

Everyone knows what they need but VVD's don't grow on trees. Otherwise they'll just be buying more of the same

BennyCake

Sheffield United spend £18.5 million on Bournemouth's keeper.

Hopefully that means Dean Henderson is on his way back to United as number 1.

Boycey

It won't happen but I nearly wish it would to shut you up....

Capt Pat

What happens to De Gea then? Where does he go? Who will want him?

nrico2006

Dunno how good Henderson really is. Been many a keeper with a better pre-United rep that flunked at OT.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Enjoyable 30 mins, both teams look capable of scoring every time they go upfield....