Super 8s

Started by theticklemister, February 19, 2017, 10:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

Will Kildare host a game in Newbridge if they get to the Super 8?  If their ground is deemed unsuitable based on crowd expectations, I'm sure they will opt for Croke Park as an alternative.

Likewise, if Dublin expect crowd issues at Parnell Park, I'm sure a request to use Croke Park instead will be given a fair hearing.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: larryin89 on March 13, 2018, 05:55:05 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 13, 2018, 05:50:23 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 13, 2018, 05:32:12 PM
I'm under the impression that either the losers of Connacht & Munster should they win their R4 game will play 2 games in Croker; One as a neutral venue and other will be because of Dublins home game.

No neutral venues in Super 8.  Round 1 games will both be in Croke Park (provincial champs play each other).  Round 2 games will be at provincial winners home.  Round 3 games will be hosted by teams 3 and 4 (the beaten provincial finalist or the team that beat them in the last round of qualifiers).

Is round 2 the winners of round 1 meeting?

Its like we are goin round and round here.

Its just a simple question, what is the fooking name of Dublins home ground ?

That must be frustrating.  If only someone knew the answer to this headscratcher.

larryin89

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 13, 2018, 06:43:51 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 13, 2018, 05:55:05 PM
I'm under the impression that either the losers of Connacht & Munster should they win their R4 game will play 2 games in Croker; One as a neutral venue and other will be because of Dublins home game.

No neutral venues in Super 8.  Round 1 games will both be in Croke Park (provincial champs play each other).  Round 2 games will be at provincial winners home.  Round 3 games will be hosted by teams 3 and 4 (the beaten provincial finalist or the team that beat them in the last round of qualifiers).

Its like we are goin round and round here.

Its just a simple question, what is the fooking name of Dublins home ground ?

That must be frustrating.  If only someone knew the answer to this headscratcher.

Although youre being sarcsstic it is indeed.a headscratcher.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Round 1 is the neutral ground round. Provincial winners play each other in CP. Other 4 play each other in CP as well.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 14, 2018, 09:34:30 AM
Meanwhile for the less than Super

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0314/947271-horan-wants-intermediate-football-championship-by-2021/

I see the new president is a bit of a turkey. Trying to solve a systematic problem with a format change. But of course he's a figurehead so his opinion doesn't really count for much anyways.

seafoid

I was wondering if the Super 8s would benefit Mayo. The team has lost 3 finals by a single point.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on March 14, 2018, 10:59:57 AM
I was wondering if the Super 8s would benefit Mayo. The team has lost 3 finals by a single point.

I think it will benefit Galway! They will get to play a championship game in Croke Park without a win or bust scenario and this might help them get over their Croke Park Hoodoo! A weight that has been hanging over their heads for 17 years now!

Rossfan

But but but.... the media always tell us that Galway are a great Croke Park team.....9
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hound

Quote from: larryin89 on March 13, 2018, 05:42:09 PM
Thanks for that input hound and I understand its not Dublin making up the rules .

Can I just have the name of Dublins home ground ?
Parnell Park is Dublin's home ground.

Like home grounds in some other counties its capacity isn't great for big grounds, so games get played in Croke Park. So while the hurlers play some home games in Parnell Park every year, the footballers haven't played there in quite a while (perhaps when we drew London in the qualifiers). So in recent years all the home games of the Dublin senior football team get played in Croke Park.

Certainly more Leinster QF and SF games should be played outside Croke Park, but the counties in Leinster like the money the Dublin fans generate when games are in Croke Park, and it takes a lot of persuasion to get even the very odd Dublin game moved out.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 14, 2018, 11:14:35 AM

I think it will benefit Galway! They will get to play a championship game in Croke Park without a win or bust scenario and this might help them get over their Croke Park Hoodoo! A weight that has been hanging over their heads for 17 years now!
Imagine having a 67 year drought hanging over yer head!  ;) 

Maroon Manc

The point I was trying to make and should have been more clearer is that one of the teams coming through a R4 qualifier will have 2 games in Croker.

seafoid

How many years had Mayo been waiting  before 1985 turned up ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on March 14, 2018, 02:43:30 PM

How many years had Mayo been waiting  before 1985 turned up ?
1989 v Tyrone was Mayo first championship win in Croke park since 1951 I believe.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose