China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on January 13, 2021, 05:08:47 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 13, 2021, 04:32:15 PM
Best of luck to your dad Sid, Galway hospital i believe had a big outbreak in it recently the same in Mayo both had low covid numbers before that.
There was a pretty severe outbreak among staff before Christmas

Personally speaking I've never understood how there could be any sort of foolproof plan to keep Covid out of hospitals and care homes - because of the way it spreads, the living conditions of the staff, and the nature of the care required in hospitals and care homes

The prevalence of Covid within hospitals and care homes is a function of the prevalence of the virus in the community

And that's why we can't live with the virus

The "shielding" proposed by the Great Barrington people was always bunkum

There's no rhyme nor reason to it, mother in-law n hospital, needs open heart surgery, been in since 18th Dec,  the condition leaves her breathless, was in Antrim hospital then moved to the Royal, getting ready for operation last week, did few tests and a Covid test, positive!

Everything put on hold and all staff tested and she's in a side room so no one near her bar cleaner nurse doctor.

Everyone came back negative, crazy. In fairness to her, no symptoms and fingers crossed for your dad and he gets through it.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: sid waddell on January 13, 2021, 05:08:47 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 13, 2021, 04:32:15 PM
Best of luck to your dad Sid, Galway hospital i believe had a big outbreak in it recently the same in Mayo both had low covid numbers before that.
There was a pretty severe outbreak among staff before Christmas

Personally speaking I've never understood how there could be any sort of foolproof plan to keep Covid out of hospitals and care homes - because of the way it spreads, the living conditions of the staff, and the nature of the care required in hospitals and care homes

The prevalence of Covid within hospitals and care homes is a function of the prevalence of the virus in the community

And that's why we can't live with the virus

The "shielding" proposed by the Great Barrington people was always bunkum

If you want to protect nursing homes the first thing you have to do is control the spread of the disease in the wider community. It's now confirmed we had over 100 deaths this month and under 20 of them happened in hospital which means sadly the majority of them are in nursing/care homes where most was too ill to move to hospital for treatment. The sooner those homes and those with underling conditions get vaccinated the better.

Angelo

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on January 13, 2021, 05:17:16 PM
Quote from: South Laois man on January 13, 2021, 03:24:34 PM
I haven't posted here for a while but have been checking in from time to time. One observation is Angelotends to repeat the same bull everyday on this thread.

Not just this thread. Every thread unfortunate enough to attract his attention. The tl;dr for anyone without the time to wade through it all:

Angelo: I think x.

AN Other: Why do you think x, considering counter arguments a, b, and c?

Angelo: I think x. Idiot.

AN Other: Yeah, but a, b, and c all suggest that x can't be true. So why do you still think x?

Angelo: I've already answered that. Hypocrite.

AN Other: Where have you answered it, Angelo?

Angelo: It's not my fault you're too lazy to read back, wee man. Flu. Big pharma. January 2018. Nadal.

AN Other: But really Angelo, where have you answered it?

Angelo: Look, I'm not going to let you and your hysterical mob bully me out of my position. But here's where I answered it, coward:
Quote from: AngeloI think x

And the cycle repeats. And repeats. And repeats. And repeats. And repeats. And repeats. And repeats. And repeats. And repeats. And repeats...

See that's a completely false picture you're painting.

I have substantiated my points and when I press people to do the same with theirs I get insults.

So the floor is yours. If you can explain to me why it's justifiable that we had 2,101 deaths in January 2018 and nobody batted an eyelid be my guest but we both know that's not going to happen. Like all the rest you are utterly bound by your contradictions.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trueblue1234

It's been done Angelo. You didn't agree. Nothing has changed since so little point in rehashing. Just accept that most people don't agree with your view on the comparison. It doesn't impact your ability to hold that view.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rossfan

1770 in Hospital in the 26 today with 172 in ICU.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ball Hopper

Best wishes for your Dad, Sid.  Keep being strong for and with him.

bennydorano

Quote from: Rossfan on January 13, 2021, 06:48:06 PM
1770 in Hospital in the 26 today with 172 in ICU.
https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0113/1189546-covid-figures/
ICU up from 14 yesterday, that is some leap.

It's going to be bleak for a while for these islands

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 13, 2021, 06:47:03 PM
It's been done Angelo. You didn't agree. Nothing has changed since so little point in rehashing. Just accept that most people don't agree with your view on the comparison. It doesn't impact your ability to hold that view.

It has but when you have the likes of Ed Ricketts coming out and displaying something completely inaccurate then I won't be backing down.

A lot of chaps engaging in embarrassing positions of spin here.

Angelo

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 13, 2021, 05:33:47 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 09:53:33 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 13, 2021, 09:49:05 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 09:38:43 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 13, 2021, 07:29:16 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 12, 2021, 10:51:53 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on January 12, 2021, 09:44:08 PM
I have not posted on here in a good while. I never really took posting on here that serious and done my fair share of WUM craic, I dip in and out but have been reading this tread recently. I work over a couple of the acute hospitals in the north, the bulk of my work is in emergency departments and medical admission wards. Angelo please believe me when I say this is very real, covid positive patients are lying on trolleys in corridors in emergency departments waiting for beds in the wards that just are not there. Till now the number of deaths have been kept low due to treatment being readily available, this is an option fast running out, where once everyone stood a fighting chance now the hard choices are having to be made. Not by you though Angelo. You just have to stay in as much as you can. I do not have a link too exactly how many patients are admitted with Covid but i do have access to the northern Ireland electronic care record which i monitor every time I am on duty, every 3-4 people in are with shortness of breath, I wonder why??, the majority over 65 but plenty in the 30, 40s and 50s. This is far far worse than the first wave. I have no links, no stats. Just what I see.
Very good post

46 dead in the Republic is the latest daily figure and I fear my father will be among these figures in the near future, he is on Day 10 and now has pneumonia, is being fed through a tube in his nose and fluids through IV, I find it hard to see him make it through to be honest

He is afraid and alone and my heart is breaking over it, I spent nearly ten months doing everything I could to keep Covid out, I haven't been in a pub since the start of March, I succeeded in keeping it out but he got it when he had go to hospital for a treatable non-Covid medical problem

Wake the f**k up Angelo and stop spreading shite, you know you're talking shite and so does everybody else, I honestly don't get your game

So sorry to read that Sid :(

If Angelo is a real person and not a wum he's got a lot of issues going on. I don't know if lockdown hasn't been kind or what there but at this point it's just car crash stuff. The internet isn't good for troubled people sometimes :(

I've offered a rational argument at all times.

I have the likes of you put in a corner with your false equivalency. When I bring up the winter flu in 2017/18 when we had record deaths in Jan 2018, you have to entrench yourself in and justify that and when you do that it removes any credibility in what you argue for now.

All you are is a sanctimonious mouthpiece. Why was 2,101 deaths acceptable to you in Jan 2018 and if it wasn't show me the posts where you spoke out against it at the time.

I know I won't expect any engagement with you on this core point because you are complete and utter hypocrite with a large dose of sanctimony and virtue signalling thrown in, which we know for sure is a complete facade.

Where has Harold ran off to with my unanswered questions too? All I can see is a lot of cowards here who justify people dying from flu but thing the world should be thrown into chaos in case those with Covid have the same outcome and when you're pressed on it all you resort too are slurs and attributing ridiculous statements to me which have no correlation with what I said. Be a man for once.

You don't know the meaning of the word rational and you don't know the meaning of the word logical if you view yourself as rational and logical.

There's little point in engaging with you. You have been shown up to be irrational and illogical time and again but you just can't comprehend it.

You seriously need to take time away from the internet. It isn't good for you.

Irony alert.

You don't have a choice in the matter wee man, you are bound by your own contradictions and your innate cowardice and that's why you choose not to engage.

I defy you to prove me wrong, the floor is yours.

Show me your disgust at 2,101 deaths during the 17/18 winter flu season?? Bump a few posts you made outlining it because all I have seen from your are extraordinary double standards where you justify that level of death back then. You then support the theory that winter lockdown eradicated flu this winter. So when you apply that set of rationale you are openly saying that we cost hundreds of lives back then by not locking down and then you justify that.

You're a coward and not a very bright one.

Double Irony Alert.

Do you honestly think that everyone posts their every though on the GAABoard?  Are you seriously suggesting that because someone didn't post something on here that it means they don't have an opinion on it?
Example.....I've never posted on here that I think you must be from that Snowflake generation that has to post on social media every time they fart or else they risk not getting the likes that are so craved? No I haven't. But do I believe that? Well...

Surely 2,101 deaths in Jan 2018 would spark outrage yet the some lads didn't seem to care back then but are now trying to outdo each other in the levels of sanctimony they can display.

Milltown Row2

Great to see the effort the medical staff are putting in, was reading some story's of their shifts, how they are dealing with the threat of catching it! Stress
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Hard on them alright.
Some 7,000 Health staff out sick with Covid at present in the 26.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

Eamon Dunphys podcast is a good listen, https://t.co/suDdJGjDUK?amp=1

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 12:23:13 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 12, 2021, 12:16:11 PM
One thing the English have excelled in since time immemorial is statistics and keeping records.

The ONS have released a preliminary comprehensive stats report for deaths in 2020. They're included in this document.
https://tinyurl.com/y37h42gj

One outstanding stat is the  high nr of excess deaths recorded in England's nursing homes during the 1st wave. And after the first wave excess deaths were kept at a minimum in those homes.
2020 covid death statistics  are compared to flu/pneumonia figures,  similar figures  but
approx  85% of covid deaths were due to covid, whereas 85% of flu/pneumonia death were not due to flu/pneumonia, but where the disease was a contributing factor

Franko and Milltown will take your head off for posting that.

What drugs are you on?!?

Figure 2 - compare and contrast the "Deaths where the disease was a contributing factor" vs. "Deaths due to the disease" within the bar charts.
Also, consider the context of one free to spread in normal societal interactions the other spreading when the country is taking drastic measures to reduce transmission vectors.

Figure 3 - the number of deaths due to non-covid factors are beneath the 5 yr average, and mostly have been since mid October. Expect that to climb again now with the collapsed NHS though.

This is why people hate "debating" with you - you post up stuff either without looking at it, or having the intelligence to interpret it correctly. Dunno which, but while its merely annoying to read the blatantly incorrect rubbish, its infuriating to think your spreading the same rubbish to people who might listen.
i usse an speelchekor

Franko

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 14, 2021, 07:36:55 AM
One thing the English have excelled in since time immemorial is statistics and keeping records.

The ONS have released a preliminary comprehensive stats report for deaths in 2020. They're included in this document.

One outstanding stat is the  high nr of excess deaths recorded in England's nursing homes during the 1st wave. And after the first wave excess deaths were kept at a minimum in those homes.
2020 covid death statistics  are compared to flu/pneumonia figures,  similar figures  but
approx  85% of covid deaths were due to covid, whereas 85% of flu/pneumonia death were not due to flu/pneumonia, but where the disease was a contributing factor

What drugs are you on?!?

Figure 2 - compare and contrast the "Deaths where the disease was a contributing factor" vs. "Deaths due to the disease" within the bar charts.
Also, consider the context of one free to spread in normal societal interactions the other spreading when the country is taking drastic measures to reduce transmission vectors.

Figure 3 - the number of deaths due to non-covid factors are beneath the 5 yr average, and mostly have been since mid October. Expect that to climb again now with the collapsed NHS though.

This is why people hate "debating" with you - you post up stuff either without looking at it, or having the intelligence to interpret it correctly. Dunno which, but while its merely annoying to read the blatantly incorrect rubbish, its infuriating to think your spreading the same rubbish to people who might listen.

Waste of time Radio

Ed summed it up well

Most posters have realised it's not worthwhile after having a few goes

Best to just let him batter away

Angelo

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 14, 2021, 07:36:55 AM

What drugs are you on?!?

Christ almighty. The stupidity and blind ignorance dripping out of that post is obscene.

The answers to these questions will completely wipeout your argument which is probably why you won't answer them.

1. Do we test for flu? For contrast the UK has carried out a recorded 62m tests for Covid. How many flu tests have been carried out?

2. How many positive cases of flu have been confirmed? There have been 3.2m confirmed cases of Covid due to the mass testing in place.

3. Look at the arbitrary way in which we record deahts. We know that if you die within 28 days of a positive Covid test you are classified as a Covid death, arbitrarily. See snippet below from a BBC report, link attached. Also see the note on the attached on the published NISRA figures

BBC report:

A further 1,564 people have died in the UK within 28 days of a positive Covid test - the biggest figure reported in a single day since the pandemic began.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55653161

Absolutely no distinction made between whether they died with Covid or from Covid, whether someone who was on a life support machine after a road traffic accident picked it up in hospital an died days later - Covid death etc. The figures are completely overstated and completely skewed.

The note on the NISRA website accompanying their figures:

1 Covid-19 deaths include any death where Coronavirus or Covid-19 (suspected or confirmed) was mentioned anywhere on the death certificate.

Once again an arbitrary method where once Covid is mentioned anywhere on the death certificate, you're a Covid death irrespective of what role (if any) it played.

These are facts, acknowledged by the relevant recording bodies but established facts seem to hold little sway into you acknowledging how misleading the death statistics are. Now apply that arbitrary fashion of recording death and presume we did the same with flu. Presume 62m flu tests were carried out in a year and any person that died within 28 days of a positive flu test was recorded as flu death. Do you think under this criteria flu deaths would be overstated? Again your willingness or unwillingness to address this question is vital. We have established facts that people like you seem intent on ignoring.

Finally "beneath the 5 year average". How did the winter flu season of 17/18 read with the 5 year average prior to that? 50k excess deaths over the normal for that time of year was the reported figure for the UK. In the O6, we had a record 2,101 death toll for a month in January 2018, something yet to be surpassed during Covid as of yet. And nobody even batted an eyelid about it. Why was that?

You have the floor now. It will be interesting to see how you formulate a response, will you actually be able to address what I said with facts or will you resort to hysterical accusations, lie and insults which seems to the modus operandi from the other posters in discussing the differences here.