China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I actually didn't mean you smurfy. Sorry for confusion.

There is a concern among people as to where the hell do we go if the vaccine doesn't work. It really needs to for society or god knows what happens. There has never been a plan b but most of us would still be hopeful we won't need one. I think it's too early to think the vaccine won't work. It just seems wishful thinking from one for whatever bizarre reason.

Lar Naparka

I also found this further down the page in this SERP.

"Norway says no direct link between Pfizer COVID vaccine and 33 elderly deaths

There is no evidence of a "direct cause" between the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine and the deaths of multiple elderly people in Norway, health officials have reportedly said.

On Friday, the Norwegian Medicines Agency (NOMA) issued a statement saying that "common adverse reactions may have contributed to a severe course in elderly people who are frail".

Amid reports that a total of 33 people aged over 75 had died after being given a jab, NOMA played down safety concerns on Monday and said it was not "alarmed".

It also said that claims by Pfizer/BioNTech that Norway had changed its advice to consider excluding the terminally ill from receiving the vaccine were incorrect.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/norway-coronavirus-vaccine-deaths-latest-203705535.html
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Main Street

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 20, 2021, 10:04:06 PM

There is no evidence of a "direct cause" between the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine and the deaths of multiple elderly people in Norway, health officials have reportedly said.

On Friday, the Norwegian Medicines Agency (NOMA) issued a statement saying that "common adverse reactions may have contributed to a severe course in elderly people who are frail".

Amid reports that a total of 33 people aged over 75 had died after being given a jab, NOMA played down safety concerns on Monday and said it was not "alarmed".

It also said that claims by Pfizer/BioNTech that Norway had changed its advice to consider excluding the terminally ill from receiving the vaccine were incorrect.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/norway-coronavirus-vaccine-deaths-latest-203705535.html

"NOMA's investigation of 13 of the deaths found that common adverse reactions to mRNA vaccines, including fever, nausea and diarrhoea, could have contributed to death in some frail patients,"

In other words the vaccine did not kill them but the known ill effects of the vaccine did ::)

If they say the vaccine killed them, then the Norwegian state is liable and more questions are asked and probably more reluctance to take up the vaccine.
The vaccine is always blameless. They apparently can get away with that as it was the known side effects.
But the known side effects are just too much for certain people 

NOMA then deny they are making judgements as to who might be too frail to receive the vaccine but then they state
Doctors are still giving out doses in Norway but "extra evaluation of very sick people" with underlying conditions that could be worsened by a bad reaction should be carried out. 

"The Norwegian government will also consider adjusting their vaccination instructions to take the patients' health into more consideration."

So the vaccines dont kill the very frail, it's just the side effect of the vaccine that does the killing. And they have not changed their advice re administration of the vaccine but will consider adjusting their vaccination instructions to take the patients' health into more consideration  ;D

BennyCake

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 20, 2021, 08:18:56 PM
No

Reality check needed
I started getting concerned when we were being told about 4 months ago this is the way out but now all of a sudden they are now saying things will need to continue as they were

This is the value of the vaccine at the minute
Doesn't stop you catching it
Doesn't stop you transmitting it
If a close contact u still need to isolate
Still requires you to wear a mask
Still requires you to keep your distance

What benefits has it for the under 60s that are healthy?

The vaccine is all about getting everyone stamped with the mark of the beast. Nothing else.

This virus ain't going away because it's doing the job it was meant to do.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Main Street on January 20, 2021, 10:59:23 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 20, 2021, 10:04:06 PM

"NOMA's investigation of 13 of the deaths found that common adverse reactions to mRNA vaccines, including fever, nausea and diarrhoea, could have contributed to death in some frail patients,"

In other words the vaccine did not kill them but the known ill effects of the vaccine did ::)

If they say the vaccine killed them, then the Norwegian state is liable and more questions are asked and probably more reluctance to take up the vaccine.
The vaccine is always blameless. They apparently can get away with that as it was the known side effects.
But the known side effects are just too much for certain people 

NOMA then deny they are making judgements as to who might be too frail to receive the vaccine but then they state
Doctors are still giving out doses in Norway but "extra evaluation of very sick people" with underlying conditions that could be worsened by a bad reaction should be carried out. 

"The Norwegian government will also consider adjusting their vaccination instructions to take the patients' health into more consideration."

So the vaccines dont kill the very frail, it's just the side effect of the vaccine that does the killing. And they have not changed their advice re administration of the vaccine but will consider adjusting their vaccination instructions to take the patients' health into more consideration  ;D
if you follow the link I have posted, you'll find that the source you are quoting predated mine.
This is an edit. I just reread your post and I want to comment on the following:

There's a helluva difference in meaning between could and did and that's for starters.

In another report, found on the search page I referred to, the frail patients were described as terminally ill.
This is from the same report.
"There is a possibility that these common adverse reactions, that are not dangerous in fitter, younger patients and are not unusual with vaccines, may aggravate underlying disease in the elderly," Mr Madsen said. "We are not alarmed or worried about this, because these are very rare occurrences and they occurred in very frail patients with very serious disease.

dublin7

To me what they're saying is some people are to ill or frail to be treated with the vaccine. When my dad needed treatment for cancer we were told he couldn't have a certain form of chemo as his body/system wouldn't have been able to deal with it or the side effects. Thankfully the treatment they did go with worked.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 20, 2021, 09:14:41 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on January 20, 2021, 09:04:08 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 20, 2021, 07:27:07 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 20, 2021, 06:38:23 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on January 20, 2021, 06:28:02 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 20, 2021, 05:58:46 PM
Bad news regarding the vaccine
Not as powerful as being made out
Plan B needed and needed very soon
I don't think there is a plan b after this

Where did you see this? I haven't seen any indication that's true when the vaccine is given as per Pfizer's instructions.

Also the Norwegians have confirmed they could find no link between the vaccine and the deaths of elderly people as had been suggested last week

More complete and utter lies. The Norwegians said the deaths were likely to reactions to the vaccine. You are shameful.
Mind telling us who said what?
Who are "The Norewegians" and what exactly did they say?

Their were a number of deaths in Norway of people who received the vaccine and the Norwegian medical agency were worried the deaths were as a result of being administered the Covid vaccine. After investigating the deaths they could find no proof that the vaccinations were the cause of the deaths

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-18/norway-finds-no-direct-link-between-elderly-deaths-and-vaccine
[/quote]Big pharma paid for their silence.
You got anything to back that up?
Even if that allegation happened to be true, the results would have been replicated many times by now and BIG Pharma couldn't stifle every support.
Furthermore it would mean, if logic enters your argument at all, that by now Anthony Faucci, Tony Holohan and Robin Swann and Uncle Tom Cobley and all, were in on the lie.

Lar Naparka

No

Reality check needed
I started getting concerned when we were being told about 4 months ago this is the way out but now all of a sudden they are now saying things will need to continue as they were

You have a lot of allegations there but no credible source for any of them, Can you show you ain't pulling some outra yer arse pocket to back our claims up? On good authority, (Prof Sam McConky in a daily news briefing] two of the above could be considered true.
A virus may be trapped in an individual's nose hair but cannot survive if it travels up the nasal passage. However, if colonies of the virus exists in a person's nose, even one with Covid immunity sneezing and coughing could pass the virus on to others. Strict attention to nasal hygeine is called for

seafoid

This is depressing

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/the-republic-has-never-taken-cross-border-co-operation-on-covid-19-seriously-1.4463253

Genuine mystery surrounds the Irish Government's lengthy refusal to share Covid passenger data with Northern Ireland. The Government will not explain it and nobody else can see what the issue might be.

Health authorities in the North want access to the passenger locator forms filled in by people arriving in the Republic who are travelling on to Northern Ireland, so that self-isolation requirements can be followed up.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

Unions not content with being a pain in the hole for Parents (teaching unions) they now are intent on being a pain in hole for Covid patients. The Unison stance (even if they marginally backtracked this am) is nothing short of a disgrace. It shows the mentality of people involved. At the first sign of change they automatically dismiss it unless they've asked for it and it's went through 10 committees. I remember working in a meat factory years ago and seeing the people who were union reps. People who wanted everything and yet wouldn't work on a battery. Gerry Carroll from PBP on radio this morning another gobshite. Sounds like a man who wouldn't have done a days work in his life.
Unioson have lost all credibility.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trailer on January 21, 2021, 09:49:20 AM
Unions not content with being a pain in the hole for Parents (teaching unions) they now are intent on being a pain in hole for Covid patients. The Unison stance (even if they marginally backtracked this am) is nothing short of a disgrace. It shows the mentality of people involved. At the first sign of change they automatically dismiss it unless they've asked for it and it's went through 10 committees. I remember working in a meat factory years ago and seeing the people who were union reps. People who wanted everything and yet wouldn't work on a battery. Gerry Carroll from PBP on radio this morning another gobshite. Sounds like a man who wouldn't have done a days work in his life.

That man lives in cloud cuckoo land, down here trying to force a union on lads too, we are well paid, i know absolutely of no disiplinaries, everyone gets automatic pay-rise, the whole party must be smoking peace pipes 24/7, trouble makers who would have us all sponging off welfare.

SF close second.

five points

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 21, 2021, 03:42:09 AM
No

Reality check needed

You have a lot of allegations there but no credible source for any of them, Can you show you ain't pulling some outra yer arse pocket to back our claims up? On good authority, (Prof Sam McConky in a daily news briefing] two of the above could be considered true.
A virus may be trapped in an individual's nose hair but cannot survive if it travels up the nasal passage. However, if colonies of the virus exists in a person's nose, even one with Covid immunity sneezing and coughing could pass the virus on to others. Strict attention to nasal hygeine is called for

I understand all those points are true, but putting them like that kind of misses the point. If the vaccine does what it is supposed to, it will help fewer people to get seriously ill and/or die if they catch the virus.

And ultimately if people stop dying or getting seriously ill from it, it becomes less of a menace to society and more of a nuisance, in the same way as the winter flu and the common cold are nuisances.

I think it's worth trying for that.

gallsman

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 21, 2021, 10:42:16 AM

That man lives in cloud cuckoo land, down here trying to force a union on lads too, we are well paid, i know absolutely of no disiplinaries, everyone gets automatic pay-rise, the whole party must be smoking peace pipes 24/7, trouble makers who would have us all sponging off welfare.

SF close second.

Gerry has always loved a good protest without ever knowing what it's about or why he's doing it. A man with lots of complaints and no suggestions for solutions.

Franko

Quote from: gallsman on January 21, 2021, 11:46:34 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 21, 2021, 10:42:16 AM

SF close second.

Gerry has always loved a good protest without ever knowing what it's about or why he's doing it. A man with lots of complaints and no suggestions for solutions.

It's easy to be a Gerry.

I'm mad because everything is wrong and I'm gonna shout all day about it

Ask him for a practical solution to put it right and you will be met with silence

Very reminiscent of a few posters on this board

GetOverTheBar

So....

Lockdown extended to March 05th (at best) in the North....

Who wants to take this one.