Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:20:28 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 18, 2021, 03:18:15 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 02:52:21 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 18, 2021, 02:49:17 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 01:51:13 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 18, 2021, 01:46:37 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 01:13:54 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 18, 2021, 12:48:46 PM
The report is on the impact of the pandemic on vulnerable children.

Lockdowns.

Giraffe

Governments chose to instigate Lockdowns, they are the reason those children are suffering - not the virus.

It's another classic example of the mental gymnastics I have talked about.

Those vulnerable children have been impacted by lockdown mechanisms but they don't seem to matter, people aren't interested in those with lockdown problems - only Covid problems.

If we are to follow that logic through, it implies that Lockdowns would have happened without the virus.
Obviously not the case.
Lockdowns are imposed by governments to try to minimise the effects of the virus in terms of deaths and in terms of pressure on the health system.

That's not logic.

Governments chose to lockdown. They had options. They chose to lockdown and vulnerable children were impacted in this but nobody cares about the victims of lockdown.

Most posters on here don't think they matter because Covid trumps anyone who is a non-Covid problem.

Have many charities/ organisations that work with vulnerable people come out and said we should not be locking down? I know ones that have mentioned the need for increased funding etc. But has any released a statement to say that we shouldn't be locking down?

Not sure, a lot of them rely on government funding though........

So it;'s a conspiracy?

Angelo

Quote from: thebigfella on January 18, 2021, 03:20:33 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:14:48 PM
Multiplied by government enforced lockdowns. Go check with the victims and see what they think of lockdowns rather than sniggering at them.

So they are victims of domestic violence you admit?

Domestic violence is very serious and nothing in my posts have indicated that I am belittling victims of domestic violence.

They are victims of the lockdown, ask them if you want. There are plenty of them who have come forward and said what lockdowns meant for them.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: thebigfella on January 18, 2021, 03:21:49 PM

Lockdowns.

Giraffe

Governments chose to instigate Lockdowns, they are the reason those children are suffering - not the virus.

Those vulnerable children have been impacted by lockdown mechanisms but they don't seem to matter, people aren't interested in those with lockdown problems - only Covid problems.

If we are to follow that logic through, it implies that Lockdowns would have happened without the virus.
Obviously not the case.
Lockdowns are imposed by governments to try to minimise the effects of the virus in terms of deaths and in terms of pressure on the health system.

That's not logic.

Governments chose to lockdown. They had options. They chose to lockdown and vulnerable children were impacted in this but nobody cares about the victims of lockdown.

Most posters on here don't think they matter because Covid trumps anyone who is a non-Covid problem.

Have many charities/ organisations that work with vulnerable people come out and said we should not be locking down? I know ones that have mentioned the need for increased funding etc. But has any released a statement to say that we shouldn't be locking down?

So it;'s a conspiracy?

I would say they have their hands tied and are compromised. Publicly speaking out against gov policy might have serious repercussions for their funding.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:10:19 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 18, 2021, 03:08:02 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 18, 2021, 11:47:10 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 18, 2021, 11:35:25 AM
There'll be no chat about opening anything up in the short term. Wait to you see the deaths this week, there'll be over 20 people per day and perhaps even more than 30 each day! Hospitals are like a war zone, exhausted staff, lack of staff, no capacity, low oxygen supplies, and the patients just keep coming... I hope I am wrong but this week is going to be a real disaster.

In the wee 6 I should say.

Yeah this next two weeks aren't going to be good. Hopefully the daily case numbers continue to come down at least.

I would expect this lockdown to continue to March (in the whole country).

It could up to May if that's how they are talking.
https://www.irishpost.com/news/ireland-could-remain-in-full-lockdown-until-may-warns-nphet-201685

If the case numbers haven't fallen by May then the vaccine is clearly a dud.

They plan to have 700k vaccinated by end of March.  That's all going well. still leaves a lot to be vaccinated .

Depending on what vaccine. The moderna just needs one dose.The other vaccones have up to a 3 week gap in between the second jab. And another 3 or 4 weeks until it begins to work

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:23:45 PM
I would say they have their hands tied and are compromised. Publicly speaking out against gov policy might have serious repercussions for their funding.

Quite a leap, considering there are plenty of examples of charities and others speaking out on government policy all the time.

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:22:51 PM
Multiplied by government enforced lockdowns. Go check with the victims and see what they think of lockdowns rather than sniggering at them.

Domestic violence is very serious and nothing in my posts have indicated that I am belittling victims of domestic violence.

They are victims of the lockdown, ask them if you want. There are plenty of them who have come forward and said what lockdowns meant for them.

They are victims of domestic abuse and the abusers should be held accountable.

By saying they are victims of the lockdown, it could be argued you are saying the abuser is not 100% responsible for their own actions and that is some sort of twisted way, the abuser is also a victim (due to government policy).

Angelo

Quote from: thebigfella on January 18, 2021, 03:31:27 PM

By saying they are victims of the lockdown, it could be argued you are saying the abuser is not 100% responsible for their own actions and that is some sort of twisted way, the abuser is also a victim (due to government policy).

So no correlation in 50% rise in incidents since lockdowns came in. As I said, maybe you should listen to the views of the victims themselves rather than speaking on their behalf with something that contradicts their position.

trueblue1234

Lockdowns.

Giraffe

Obviously not the case.

That's not logic.

So none of the charities representing these groups have spoken up to say that lockdowns need to stop? I'd take that as an endorsement that lockdowns are required unfortunately.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 18, 2021, 03:27:57 PM
There'll be no chat about opening anything up in the short term. Wait to you see the deaths this week, there'll be over 20 people per day and perhaps even more than 30 each day! Hospitals are like a war zone, exhausted staff, lack of staff, no capacity, low oxygen supplies, and the patients just keep coming... I hope I am wrong but this week is going to be a real disaster.

Yeah this next two weeks aren't going to be good. Hopefully the daily case numbers continue to come down at least.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/ireland-could-remain-in-full-lockdown-until-may-warns-nphet-201685

They plan to have 700k vaccinated by end of March.  That's all going well. still leaves a lot to be vaccinated .

Depending on what vaccine. The moderna just needs one dose.The other vaccones have up to a 3 week gap in between the second jab. And another 3 or 4 weeks until it begins to work

We have data on this.

We do know Covid is not a threat to around half the population. Look at the stats up north.

3 deaths in the u40 category. Will have to go back and double check but I think we have around 40-50k positive tests in that age group. Statistically if you are under 40 and in good health, Covid is no more of a threat than seasonal flu.

If you have the at risk categories vaccinated - in the O6, 95% of deaths have been people over the age of 60 - and the vaccine isn't a dud then there's no reason for society to remain shut down.

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 18, 2021, 03:35:56 PM

Lockdowns.

Giraffe

Obviously not the case.

That's not logic.

So none of the charities representing these groups have spoken up to say that lockdowns need to stop? I'd take that as an endorsement that lockdowns are required unfortunately.

I don't know if they have or have not. Sheeple seem to just fall in line with the narrative but what they have said lockdowns have been very bad for these groupings. Maybe they are afraid of the some of the dogmatic, moralising backlash they would receive if they did speak out against lockdowns.

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:34:12 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on January 18, 2021, 03:31:27 PM

So no correlation in 50% rise in incidents since lockdowns came in. As I said, maybe you should listen to the views of the victims themselves rather than speaking on their behalf with something that contradicts their position.

Isn't that what you are doing? Not only that you are taking advantage their individual situations (and other vulnerable groups) to promote false information and try to wind up people on the internet. Ultimately you could argue you are a bit of an abuser as well.

whitegoodman

Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:38:11 PM

Yeah this next two weeks aren’t going to be good. Hopefully the daily case numbers continue to come down at least.

We have data on this.

We do know Covid is not a threat to around half the population. Look at the stats up north.

3 deaths in the u40 category. Will have to go back and double check but I think we have around 40-50k positive tests in that age group. Statistically if you are under 40 and in good health, Covid is no more of a threat than seasonal flu.

If you have the at risk categories vaccinated - in the O6, 95% of deaths have been people over the age of 60 - and the vaccine isn't a dud then there's no reason for society to remain shut down.

Would tend to agree with this which is a wee bit worrying.

Angelo

Quote from: whitegoodman on January 18, 2021, 03:43:42 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:38:11 PM

We have data on this.

Would tend to agree with this which is a wee bit worrying.

Just keep an open mind and question the data, make your own conclusions. Beware of the backlash of the dogmatic though.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:40:02 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 18, 2021, 03:35:56 PM

Lockdowns.

Giraffe

Obviously not the case.

That's not logic.

I don't know if they have or have not. Sheeple seem to just fall in line with the narrative but what they have said lockdowns have been very bad for these groupings. Maybe they are afraid of the some of the dogmatic, moralising backlash they would receive if they did speak out against lockdowns.
Or maybe they disagree with you as well. I think I know which is more likely in my view.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit