Galway v Mayo, Preliminary Quarter-Final, Pearse Stadium 3pm Sunday

Started by An Fhairche Abu, June 20, 2023, 01:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfquarter

Quote from: galwayman on June 23, 2023, 07:37:05 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on June 23, 2023, 07:18:20 AM
How do I know ? For a starter both are named .
Sean Kelly played last week and went off with an impact/contact injury that has came from several reports including Barry cullinane on mayo news podcast last night .
All indications are Damien comer has been rested with a view to the knockout stages , all evidence points to he was good to go last week bar a bit of a fook up with paper work .

So I larryin89 of sane mind will confidently make an assessment of all available evidence and say both will be part of the Galway team on Sunday . Now if you think that is talking shite that's your opinion which you are entitled to but I beg to differ .
Absolute bullshit. That is a complete lie re Comer

Strong words there. You should back them up with some facts .

Manning18

Quote from: Halfquarter on June 23, 2023, 09:18:42 AM
Sean Kelly played last week and went off with an impact/contact injury that has came from several reports including Barry cullinane on mayo news podcast last night .
All indications are Damien comer has been rested with a view to the knockout stages , all evidence points to he was good to go last week bar a bit of a fook up with paper work .

So I larryin89 of sane mind will confidently make an assessment of all available evidence and say both will be part of the Galway team on Sunday . Now if you think that is talking shite that's your opinion which you are entitled to but I beg to differ .

Have you read 3 posts up?

I'd love to know what possible paperwork mess up can disqualify a player you named to start. Why would you submit doctors certs if you wanted to play him? The poster above mentions Barry Cullinane saying one injury is a contact injury on a pod, but fails to mention or take on board that Barry Cullinane says he doesn't think Comer or McHugh will make it on the same pod. This is what you're dealing with

larryin89

Are they both not named in the team or am I missing something , surely if we are to deal in facts , the fact is Galway management have named both to start on Sunday , one side of your mouth is saying one can't rely on whisper/rumour and the other is saying we can't take team selection as truth either . Nobody from the Galway camp has said Kelly or comer won't be playing . Sin E
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: larryin89 on June 23, 2023, 09:52:18 AM
Are they both not named in the team or am I missing something , surely if we are to deal in facts , the fact is Galway management have named both to start on Sunday , one side of your mouth is saying one can't rely on whisper/rumour and the other is saying we can't take team selection as truth either . Nobody from the Galway camp has said Kelly or comer won't be playing . Sin E
That's not the same as comments on last Sunday's squad though that are factually incorrect, I genuinely can't understand the lack of comprehension on the 24 man squad issue along with Comer and McHugh's unavailability last Sunday, it's not complicated.

That said and as you referenced there, all that matters now is whether those players named in the 26 are fit (and properly match fit) to play this Sunday. We don't want to see a repeat of the desperation stuff from Limerick in 2019 when Comer was brought into the fray and clearly shouldn't have been next nor near the pitch, desperately unfair on all the players. Accepting that some players aren't really replaceable, there is still a large squad there, if you have to rely on others now that's just the way, they will either meet the challenge or not be good enough, so be it either way.
If the Galway team plays as selected all the better.

Armagh18

Quote from: larryin89 on June 23, 2023, 09:52:18 AM
sure was Comer not named to play last week as well? If its hamstring injury as mentioned doubt he'll be fit for much vs Mayo. Thought at the time Kelly had been stood on when jostling for the ball with Forker and should be fine but no idea. Hopefully both are fully fit.

larryin89

No bother an fhairche Abu , understand now . Grma for your reasonable reply .

seafoid

The method of arriving at the position on the last day after 3 marches is arseways. In a group with 3 of similar level the probability of 3 ending up on 4 is high. Deciding based on head to head gives higher importance to one match.

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on June 23, 2023, 10:05:32 AM
The method of arriving at the position on the last day after 3 marches is arseways. In a group with 3 of similar level the probability of 3 ending up on 4 is high. Deciding based on head to head gives higher importance to one match.

If 3 end up on 4 the score difference is used, is it not?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

highorlow

Enough about Galway, when will our lads be named?

Larry, if that Loftus carry on is the brainchild of Rochford then I can see him picked at 6 but not playing there and Coen (if fit) moving back.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

larryin89

Callinan in for donnacha mchugh, Cillian makes the 26 , no other personnel changes .

Mayo (All-Ireland SFC preliminary quarter-final v Galway, 25/6/2023): Colm Reape (Knockmore); Jack Coyne (Ballyhaunis), David McBrien (Ballaghaderreen), Padraig O'Hora (Ballina Stephenites); Sam Callinan (Ballina Stephenites), Conor Loftus (Crossmolina Deel Rovers), Paddy Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels, captain); Stephen Coen (Hollymount/Carramore), Matthew Ruane (Breaffy); Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber), Jack Carney (Kilmeena), Jordan Flynn (Crossmolina Deel Rovers); Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy), James Carr (Ardagh), Ryan O'Donoghue (Belmullet). Subs: Rory Byrne (Castlebar Mitchels), Tommy Conroy (The Neale), Jason Doherty (Burrishoole), Enda Hession (Garrymore), Fionn McDonagh (Westport), Darren McHale (Knockmore), Donnacha McHugh (Castlebar Mitchels), Eoghan McLaughlin (Westport), Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore, Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber), Bob Tuohy (Castlebar Mitchels).

Rossfan

Quote from: armaghniac on June 23, 2023, 10:44:24 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 23, 2023, 10:05:32 AM

If 3 end up on 4 the score difference is used, is it not?
Of course it is.
Seaf/Breheny  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rosnarun

Stand tickets available now. strange way of doing business
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

larryin89

Quote from: rosnarun on June 23, 2023, 02:47:21 PM

Can never figure out the way ticketmaster operate , is it because they are the only show in town in this field , it's brutal like .

joemamas

Quote from: larryin89 on June 23, 2023, 05:18:48 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 23, 2023, 02:47:21 PM

Can never figure out the way ticketmaster operate , is it because they are the only show in town in this field , it's brutal like .

agreed

joemamas

Quote from: Manning18 on June 23, 2023, 09:45:55 AM
Quote from: Halfquarter on June 23, 2023, 09:18:42 AM

Have you read 3 posts up?

I'd love to know what possible paperwork mess up can disqualify a player you named to start. Why would you submit doctors certs if you wanted to play him? The poster above mentions Barry Cullinane saying one injury is a contact injury on a pod, but fails to mention or take on board that Barry Cullinane says he doesn't think Comer or McHugh will make it on the same pod. This is what you're dealing with

there will be changes on both teams for sure.