NFL Division Three 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreadnought

Quote from: Itchy on March 19, 2023, 02:28:53 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 19, 2023, 01:15:26 PM
Quote from: Dreadnought on March 18, 2023, 09:59:39 PM
So I have it that Cavan are definitely promoted, and one from Fermanagh and Offaly. Down can't be promoted as Fermanagh have them on head to head, only Offaly beating Down and Cavan beating Fermanagh can put Offaly up on head to head. Tipperary and Longford down which is hugely disappointing for both.

Cavan are officially promoted/into the league final.

Has been some journey for Cavan

2016 - Div 2 promoted
2017 - Div 1 relegated
2018 - Div 2 promoted
2019 - Div 1 relegated
2020 - Div 2 relegated
2021 - Div 3 relegated
2022 - Div 4 promoted
2023 - Div 3 promoted
2024 - Div 2. ?? ??

Try supporting them, do your head in!

Well it's never boring anyway, is it? Gotta say, that 20 and 21 league seasons were a right sickener

grounded

Quote from: Dreadnought on March 19, 2023, 04:20:29 PM
So I have it that Cavan are definitely promoted, and one from Fermanagh and Offaly. Down can't be promoted as Fermanagh have them on head to head, only Offaly beating Down and Cavan beating Fermanagh can put Offaly up on head to head. Tipperary and Longford down which is hugely disappointing for both.

2016 - Div 2 promoted
2017 - Div 1 relegated
2018 - Div 2 promoted
2019 - Div 1 relegated
2020 - Div 2 relegated
2021 - Div 3 relegated
2022 - Div 4 promoted
2023 - Div 3 promoted
2024 - Div 2. ?? ??

Well it's never boring anyway, is it? Gotta say, that 20 and 21 league seasons were a right sickener

Winning the Anglo-Celt in 2020 made up for the league performances though. Cavan always a bit of an enigma. I thought after their u21 success through 2010-2014 they would go onto dominate Ulster at senior level,  ut wasnt to be the case.
       Someday it will click for them though, and they will have a period of sustained dominance at senior level. I dont think they are that far away.

Dreadnought

Quote from: grounded on March 20, 2023, 01:58:46 PM
Quote from: Dreadnought on March 19, 2023, 04:20:29 PM

2016 - Div 2 promoted
2017 - Div 1 relegated
2018 - Div 2 promoted
2019 - Div 1 relegated
2020 - Div 2 relegated
2021 - Div 3 relegated
2022 - Div 4 promoted
2023 - Div 3 promoted
2024 - Div 2. ?? ??

Winning the Anglo-Celt in 2020 made up for the league performances though. Cavan always a bit of an enigma. I thought after their u21 success through 2010-2014 they would go onto dominate Ulster at senior level,  ut wasnt to be the case.
       Someday it will click for them though, and they will have a period of sustained dominance at senior level. I dont think they are that far away.

It really did make up for it alright, was just a sickener to go down on 6 points after being in a position to go up or down that last day. 2021 tough too on that short League where a 5th minute injury time score for Fermanagh v Longford meant we went into relegation playoffs and not promotion. The tiniest of margins.

Do think we are close too. A little too much put onto those players from those U21 teams, but think there's a good mixture now to build on what has been done. Being back to Div2 is a start, and can have a rattle at Ulster now.

imtommygunn

It's Armagh (or antrim) Cavan play isn't it?

Unfortunately I would expect armagh to beat antrim but tbh I'd be more surprised if Armagh beat Cavan than vice versa.

Dreadnought

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 20, 2023, 02:44:49 PM
It's Armagh (or antrim) Cavan play isn't it?

Unfortunately I would expect armagh to beat antrim but tbh I'd be more surprised if Armagh beat Cavan than vice versa.

Yep, winner of Armagh and Antrim to play Cavan. If it is Armagh, match will be in Breffni and they'll find it tough there. Despite the gap in League positions, Armagh have not had it easy v Cavan in Championship. I'd always have some confidence at home vs them.

imtommygunn

Yeah  I think you may beat them though for them it's probably a good thing that they're not looking great in the league as it will ground them. It will be an interesting one assuming it happens.

Itchy

I'd have preferred to see Armagh go a bit better in Div1 so the hype would blow the heads of them but maybe the way things are happening will suit Armagh. Cavan have an excellent record in recent times in championship against Armagh, I can only recall one defeat, the day when the fight started in the parade!

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2023/0320/1364205-nfl-permutations-plot-lines-aplenty-ahead-of-final-day/

At the top, Cavan are guaranteed to move to Division 2 regardless of what happens at home to Fermanagh.

Even if they lose to the Erne County, they have the head-to-head advantage over whoever wins between Offaly and Down in Tullamore.

Offaly do have something to play for, even if their Mourne opponents do not. Wins for Offaly and Cavan would see Fermanagh dropping out of the promotion spots given that the Faithful County edged Fermanagh by a point early in the season.

Down, however, lost to the Erne County by the minimum and given that they were defeated by Cavan, their promotion hopes are dead in the water. A win may draw them level with the second-placed side, but the head-to-head rule scuttles them.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Shamrock Shore

We went out with a bang.

Longford 3-17
Antrim 3-12

The game was played with a challenge game feel about it.

Bye  :'(

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

seafoid

Well done Fermanagh. Ulster could be interesting this year.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Owenmoresider

Good to see you all again  8)

An Watcher

Am I right in thinking that fermanagh can't qualify for the all ireland series if they don't qualify for thr ukster final.  Westmeath winning the tailteann plus the connacht draw has scuppered them?

FermGael

That apl
Quote from: An Watcher on March 27, 2023, 10:17:23 AM
Am I right in thinking that fermanagh can't qualify for the all ireland series if they don't qualify for thr ukster final.  Westmeath winning the tailteann plus the connacht draw has scuppered them?

That applies to both Fermanagh and Cavan
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Dreadnought

Quote from: An Watcher on March 27, 2023, 10:17:23 AM

Yep, only getting to a final now will be enough for any Division 3 or 4 teams, even the 2 promoted teams.