Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: thejuice on March 18, 2023, 05:05:49 PM
So frustrating. To have the commentators questioning our strength and conditioning at this stage seems unforgivable. We should be at the same level as the best teams in Ireland in that department, no excuses. We have the facilities, the clubs have the facilities. I can't get my head around that. I really f**king hope Colm wises up now defensively. We'll be lucky to get a result from Kildare if we play man to man again.
Ah S&C wasn't the issue yesterday.

I think maybe Maugham was trying to be diplomatic in saying that Meath will be grand if they put in a few extra days in the gym. When he was probably thinking the same as everyone else, i.e. Meath were hopeless defensively, poor up front and mediocre in the middle.

Dubs were pretty good, especially in the first half, but I can't remember a worse defensive display than Meath's first half performance. Disappointing that Mannion and McCaffrey not available, presumably both injured. Another game against Derry will do us good, not sure if Derry will take the final seriously, hopefully they will and it should be a Division 1 type match which both teams probably need.

Estimator

24mins gone.
Derry 0-08 Clare 0-00
Ulster League Champions 2009

screenexile

Jesus Clare are very bad!

OakLeaf

I only counted one Clare shot that broke the end line, in the first 35

seafoid

Clare's score difference is taking a hammering
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Obvious

Quote from: screenexile on March 19, 2023, 01:38:59 PM

Derry will make a few in Division 1 look bad next year also. Fairly motoring now and expectations should be to match last years All Ireland semi final spot and give a much better account of themselves in that match should they reach it.

Estimator

Clare starting the boxin now.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Blowitupref

Derry promoted with that win 0-14 to 0-4.  Better from Clare 2nd half 5-4 in scores.  Louth 1-10 Cork 0-10.  Louth v Dublin next weekend basically a promotion play off.   Dublin v Louth could also be the Leinster final this year.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gael85

Kildare safe for this year. Clare and Limerick down D3. Tipperary down to D4. Waterford second from bottom in D4 and Cork beaten by Louth today. Munster football is not in a good place.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Gael85 on March 19, 2023, 05:04:37 PM
Kildare safe for this year. Clare and Limerick down D3. Tipperary down to D4. Waterford second from bottom in D4 and Cork beaten by Louth today. Munster football is not in a good place.

Munster football is always in a bad place, except for the far south west of the province.

tbrick18

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 19, 2023, 01:54:05 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 19, 2023, 01:38:59 PM

Derry will make a few in Division 1 look bad next year also. Fairly motoring now and expectations should be to match last years All Ireland semi final spot and give a much better account of themselves in that match should they reach it.

Clare were poor, but  e in no doubt, Derry were not great either.
Never really brought any intensity to the game and really should have had 5 goals.
I'd say it'll be a concern going into championship that we haven't been scoring goals when  we should be.

In saying that, all targets for the year so far achieved.
Div 1 will hopefully be the making of this team and I hope we can push on from last year.
Win ulster again at a minimum now for the rest of the year.

yellowcard

Mickey Harte has done some job with Louth which has gone very much under the radar. In the very unlikely event that they beat Dublin next week they would be playing division one football next season. Which is some feat given that they would have been favourites to go down at the beginning of the campaign.

Gael85

Quote from: yellowcard on March 19, 2023, 06:30:31 PM
Mickey Harte has done some job with Louth which has gone very much under the radar. In the very unlikely event that they beat Dublin next week they would be playing division one football next season. Which is some feat given that they would have been favourites to go down at the beginning of the campaign.

Even more impressive with Sam Mulroy missing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: yellowcard on March 19, 2023, 06:30:31 PM

The Louth ones know that, and appreciate that fact.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

WhoDat

so if louth beat the dubs, are they promoted? is there any score difference there?