Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: seafoid on March 10, 2023, 02:37:35 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 10, 2023, 02:31:29 PM
Limerick management gone.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2023/0310/1361455-dempsey-quits-limerick-hotseat-after-just-five-games/

Probably makes no difference.
Not very surprising

After just five games I'd think It would be a surprise to most outsiders looking in but clearly all wasn't well behind the scenes to jump ship so soon.

rosnarun

Quote from: seafoid on March 10, 2023, 02:37:35 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 10, 2023, 02:31:29 PM
Limerick management gone.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2023/0310/1361455-dempsey-quits-limerick-hotseat-after-just-five-games/

Probably makes no difference.
Not very surprising

Still who would have thought the Lmerick manager would have to resign in the week fter drawing with once mighy meath.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

armaghniac

Quote from: rosnarun on March 10, 2023, 02:59:50 PM
Still who would have thought the Lmerick manager would have to resign in the week fter drawing with once mighy meath.

I suppose the question is whether Meath should be happy with management who can only draw with a Limerick team in chaos?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

screenexile

I know results haven't been great but Limerick were just promoted... what else has gone on??

Blowitupref

Quote from: screenexile on March 11, 2023, 03:07:15 PM
I know results haven't been great but Limerick were just promoted... what else has gone on??
Looks like the players never accepted this appointed to be begin with along with the disappointment of Billy Lee walking away in August.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

twohands!!!

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 11, 2023, 03:43:53 PM
Looks like the players never accepted this appointed to be begin with along with the disappointment of Billy Lee walking away in August.

Limerick might possibly be a dark horse for the Tailteann depending on how things shake out.

seafoid

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 12, 2023, 09:31:11 PM

Limerick might possibly be a dark horse for the Tailteann depending on how things shake out.
Dunno. Form teams are Cavan and Down. Cavan left it behind last year. Wicklow are organised. Leitrim are handy. Loads of contenders with momentum. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on March 13, 2023, 05:44:44 PM

Dunno. Form teams are Cavan and Down. Cavan left it behind last year. Wicklow are organised. Leitrim are handy. Loads of contenders with momentum.

What would Down and Cavan's form be like if they were in Div 2 up against the likes of Derry and Dublin?   Clare look like they'll end up in the Tailteann cup and would be among favourites should they get their strongest team out on the field.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 13, 2023, 05:53:54 PM

What would Down and Cavan's form be like if they were in Div 2 up against the likes of Derry and Dublin?   Clare look like they'll end up in the Tailteann cup and would be among favourites should they get their strongest team out on the field.
How would it matter for 3rd division and second division teams who won't be relegated ?
If Clare get relegated they may not be in the right frame of mind.

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on March 13, 2023, 07:56:36 PM

How would it matter for 3rd division and second division teams who won't be relegated ?

Clare have the experience of playing 7 consecutive years in Division 2 and reaching a couple of All-Ireland quarter finals.

Momentum/right frame of mind would be picked up in the group stage format.

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 13, 2023, 08:32:55 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 13, 2023, 07:56:36 PM

Clare have the experience of playing 7 consecutive years in Division 2 and reaching a couple of All-Ireland quarter finals.

Momentum/right frame of mind would be picked up in the group stage format.
Clare are similar to Monaghan . Their best days are behind them. Otherwise they wouldn't be relegation contenders.

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on March 13, 2023, 08:37:09 PM
Clare are similar to Monaghan . Their best days are behind them. Otherwise they wouldn't be relegation contenders.

Clare have been tipped by plenty in each of the last seven years for relegation. Eventually they would likely fall through the trap door. If they do this year it won't be because their best days are behind them more so not having the best of luck in games against Kildare, Dublin that should have gained a couple of points from.

Anyone that watched the Sigerson cup this year will know about the amount of good quality young players Clare have.

tbrick18

Clare are a decent side and could give anyone a game.
I think they are just a little short to challenge for a Div1 slot, but I also think they are too strong to be a Div3 side.
Prob mid table Div2 is about right for them but they could go down. Kildare seem to me to be a Div3 side at the minute for what ever reason. Limerick have been awful.

Down really pushed Derry hard in the McKenna cup, I know Derry have improved since then and I haven't seen Down since, but there are some serious footballers there and they are very physical.
Cavan will feel hard done by after last year.
I feel both could compete in Div2 and maintain their status there.

seafoid

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 14, 2023, 12:53:05 PM
I think they are just a little short to challenge for a Div1 slot, but I also think they are too strong to be a Div3 side.
Prob mid table Div2 is about right for them but they could go down. Kildare seem to me to be a Div3 side at the minute for what ever reason. Limerick have been awful.

Down really pushed Derry hard in the McKenna cup, I know Derry have improved since then and I haven't seen Down since, but there are some serious footballers there and they are very physical.
Clare lost to Kildare by a point
They have Derry and Limerick
Kildare have Meath and Limerick

It looks like Kildare stay up and Clare go down unless Limerick beat Kildare and Clare beat Limerick.

tbrick18

Quote from: seafoid on March 14, 2023, 01:58:31 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on March 14, 2023, 12:53:05 PM

Clare lost to Kildare by a point
They have Derry and Limerick
Kildare have Meath and Limerick

It looks like Kildare stay up and Clare go down unless Limerick beat Kildare and Clare beat Limerick.

yeah Div2 is a strange league this year, I'm only talking about what I've seen and my opinion on Kildare being Div3 is more about the level they are playing at as opposed to them actually getting relegated.
Clare were unlucky to lose against Dublin.
Meath beat Cork.
So really results have been unpredictable. I could see Clare beating Limerick easily, but I do think Derry will go all guns blazing for promotion and will have too much for Clare.
I can see Meath beating Kildare, but i'd still expect Kildare to beat Limerick.
It does look like Clare and Limerick are going down. Clare would/should give the Tailteann a good rattle.