American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherefromreferee?

No!  They lost. 103-98.  Series is heading back to Boston for game 6 on Tuesday.  Still 3 - 2 up.  Would hate to see Celtics loose it at home  :-\
In your Endo!

thejuice

Reggie Bush & LaDainian Tomlinson will be in Wembley tomorrow to promote Octobers game if anyones knocking about that way
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

heganboy

Celtics are back- 118 -84 up with 3 minutes left in the game. Crowd in the garden is mental. The prty is breaking out already.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

heganboy

all over in Boston,
Celtics take the championship with a blowout 39 point win final score Boston 131 LA 92. Pierce Allen and Garnett all massive in the final game, Kobe couldn't do it on his own and got no help from the rest of the Lakers who had their heads down after the first quarter. Between these 2 teams they have more than half of the 62 NBA championships, unbelievabe record when you think about it...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Declan

magickingdom

i see shaq's gone and caused a stir for his 'rap' at kobie in a ny disco

http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1626146951

AZOffaly

I read a headline from the Arizona Republic saying that Sherrif Arpiro (of pink inmate's jumpsuit fame) has removed Shaq as an honorary deputy or something. Diesel just got put off the road.

lfdown2

NFL London flights and tickets sorted!!!!!

LT!!!!!!!

magickingdom

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2008, 10:02:10 AM
I read a headline from the Arizona Republic saying that Sherrif Arpiro (of pink inmate's jumpsuit fame) has removed Shaq as an honorary deputy or something. Diesel just got put off the road.

he got the boot for using the n word in the above video...

thejuice

Brett! Stay retired please!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Claw

At least he is not going back to the Packers Juice, he would have put them in an awful situation if he did. Where do you reckon he'll go, Ravens?

thejuice

Could be or the Vikings, They are contenders for the Superbowl and Im not sure if Tarvaris Jackson is ready. Having Brett there to step in and lead the way might be no harm. Also its his best chance of finsihing his career with a 2nd Super-bowl ring. But to be honest I think he should stay retired. I cant see him winning the big one really

AZOffaly

Did anyone see the Home Run Derby the other night. Josh Hamilton gave some exhibition of the long ball. 28 or 29 in the first round! unbelieveable. It was so predictable he'd run out of steam in the final though, especially with a 71 year old pitching to him :D That poor auld lad threw more pitches than a starting pitcher in some complete games :D

Justin Morneau won it in the end, 5-3 in the final.

Minder

Quote from: thejuice on July 13, 2008, 08:25:36 PM
Brett! Stay retired please!

Agree Juice, i just hope we dont have to go through another tearful farewell news conference. He went out on a relative high in having a great season personally, not many athletes have the wit to leave on their own terms. The whole charade is also unfair on Aaron Rodgers.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Why don't the Packers just let him go to somewhere else? Fair enough if they feel Rodgers is the future, but surely they could cut him, or trade him for peanuts?