American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

pats are actually unbeaten in 19 games in a row now, the record is 21, held by the 2003/4 pats so thats next on the line. i agree that the season will be seen as a failure if they dont win the superbowl now so i really hope they do it..

Puckoon

Id only count this seasons games. Anyways, check out the hit of the year by Darrel Reid of the colts on the titans Chris Henry.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=FFxNfICa2xM

happy new year.

thejuice

Quote from: Puckoon on December 31, 2007, 11:49:02 PM
Id only count this seasons games. Anyways, check out the hit of the year by Darrel Reid of the colts on the titans Chris Henry.

happy new year.

Fair Play to Chris Henry from getting up, though I think it was his pride that helped him up, his bell was ringing I'd say. By the way I'd say Darrel Reid can expect a fine for that in the post sometime this week. Any time I got hit helmet to helmet its never nice, it does protect you but it does leave you woosey if your hit hard enough.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magickingdom

happy new year.

wow that could've been lethal..

Carmen Stateside

happy new year.

:D Is Henry f**king blind? How could you not see that man coming! :D

thejuice

Just something I've been thinkin' about while watching NFL, now I've never been to one, missed the one before the Phins-Giants game, but tailgating parties look like a lot of fun, and I was thinking it would be great before a GAA match. Its taking the "hang-sangidges" to another level. When parking in Clonliffe college, pop open the boot get out the BBQ, open a few cans of beer (bring a slab of beer), fry some sausages, have music beltin' out the car radio, get as many other fans involved as possible, then head for the game, cuts out the pub and on a hot day would be great, bring some deck chairs, beats playing in the traffic outside Quinns.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Puckoon

Quote from: thejuice on January 01, 2008, 10:10:01 PM
Just something I've been thinkin' about while watching NFL, now I've never been to one, missed the one before the Phins-Giants game, but tailgating parties look like a lot of fun, and I was thinking it would be great before a GAA match. Its taking the "hang-sangidges" to another level. When parking in Clonliffe college, pop open the boot get out the BBQ, open a few cans of beer (bring a slab of beer), fry some sausages, have music beltin' out the car radio, get as many other fans involved as possible, then head for the game, cuts out the pub and on a hot day would be great, bring some deck chairs, beats playing in the traffic outside Quinns.

Juice - its not just NFL - college games are just as big for tailgating pre and post game. I cant get into my office on gameday from about 8am to 3 hours after the games the wolfpack play. Its unreal. RVs, camper vans, flat out BBQing, beer bouncy castles for the kids, live bands... the list goes on, its endless. Its alot of craic.

Carmen Stateside

Hope the Illinois Fans enjoyed theirs!

End of Quarter 1
USC 14
Illinois 0 :(

Carmen Stateside

Good start to second half for Illinois!
USC 21
Illinois 9

Been a poor game so far!

DrinkingHarp

Illini Fan here  :'(

But a better betting man took USC and the over ;D

Big game tommorrow  West Virginia vs Oklahoma

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: thejuice on January 01, 2008, 12:53:28 PM

happy new year.

Fair Play to Chris Henry from getting up, though I think it was his pride that helped him up, his bell was ringing I'd say. By the way I'd say Darrel Reid can expect a fine for that in the post sometime this week. Any time I got hit helmet to helmet its never nice, it does protect you but it does leave you woosey if your hit hard enough.

Juice, the hit was legal there will be no fine. American football is more collision than contact.

thejuice

Helmet to Helmet tackles in the NFL result in a fine as far as im aware. Tho not in college football.

RE: Puckoon, yes I was aware of that, but anyway does anyone else think it would be great in the GAA environment, only problem is we dont get the same weather (in some cases ie chicago its a good thing)

By the way, Rookie of the Year? its seems to be a between Adrian Peterson and Joe Thomas.

Gabriel_Hurl

haven't watched any bowl games so far

caught that outdoor ice hockey game played in the Bills NFL stadium - looked pretty neat

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 02, 2008, 03:42:06 PM
haven't watched any bowl games so far

caught that outdoor ice hockey game played in the Bills NFL stadium - looked pretty neat

Gabe watched the first period of that game. Ice seemed to need too much work for a NHL game. Although it brought back memories of skating as a kid on the ponds and "old time hockey".

GY Joe

Thank you for making my year New England.... Another Unbelievable Comeback!!
Brady... iceman cometh in the 4th qtr...    Moss... reborn under the star of the flaming redhead!

What a team, what an organisation. I wish that some of our county managers would study their personnell operations at some stage. Obviously from a motivation perspective, they are getting the right people to do the best for them almost 100% of the time.. Feck it, I'm gonna get my boss to start following them!!

Now.. What about the Celtics.. 27 wins 3 losses... Tying the franchise record. I remember some doubters here on this board, I had my reservations, but there is no denying it now, they and the Pistons are favorites for the East, and the recent road trip out west where they went 4-0 in 5 nights shows they can mix it with anyone..

I read Bob Ryans blog in the Globe.. Boston Celtics and Patriots  are 43 for 3 since the Red Soxs turned the ALCS on its head from 3-1 down in October. wow....