Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: outsideoftheboot on June 04, 2018, 01:03:29 PM
Tyrone trying to become more offensve minded by keeping 2-3 players up the field and couldn't beat monaghan. Fermanagh play 15 men behind the ball and with a certain degree of nastiness and aggression which I can only assume was manager influenced, beat monaghan yesterday.

Us tyrone supporters want mickey to move away from the defensive structure which he is trying to do, but yet it doesn't win games. What can anyone suggest?

Whats the story with Quigley or why wasn't he playing? Eoin Donnelly a true leader.

Win or lose he's on the booze.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on June 04, 2018, 09:54:18 AM
McCurry is away to the States. Looks like that was his plan all along.

Bit of a poor comment - If he wanted to go to the US he has had 3/4 previous years as an 'established' county player. Now he's a normal club player who was used sparingly in the league after a sending off in Galway (I think).

Don't blame him one bit for heading away, it's the fellas on the panel hanging around never seemingly kicking on I would look at from a Tyrone County Football point of view, nobody seems to ask questions of these lads.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on June 04, 2018, 01:48:14 PM
Quote from: outsideoftheboot on June 04, 2018, 01:03:29 PM
Tyrone trying to become more offensve minded by keeping 2-3 players up the field and couldn't beat monaghan. Fermanagh play 15 men behind the ball and with a certain degree of nastiness and aggression which I can only assume was manager influenced, beat monaghan yesterday.

Us tyrone supporters want mickey to move away from the defensive structure which he is trying to do, but yet it doesn't win games. What can anyone suggest?

Whats the story with Quigley or why wasn't he playing? Eoin Donnelly a true leader.

Win or lose he's on the booze.

With the recently called up Tyrone senior player, ironically enough.

GaaFanatic123

I heard McCurry has 20,000 reasons for wanting to go to the States....

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on June 04, 2018, 02:07:26 PM
I think its actually 22,000 reasons. Diarmuid Connolly also going to the states not sure which club though. Darren is going to Parnells.

Oghams Law

Whos the recently called up Tyrone Player GOTB?

APM

Not a Tyrone man, so don't care what McCurry is doing, but is it not time the GAA put a stop to this by banning transfers in the middle of the year. 

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 04, 2018, 02:13:18 PM
I think its actually 22,000 reasons. Diarmuid Connolly also going to the states not sure which club though. Darren is going to Parnells.

Out of curiosity, what is the motivation for these clubs and their sponsors to pay this kind of money to bring players out for a couple of months?

trailer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 04, 2018, 01:50:29 PM

Bit of a poor comment - If he wanted to go to the US he has had 3/4 previous years as an 'established' county player. Now he's a normal club player who was used sparingly in the league after a sending off in Galway (I think).

Don't blame him one bit for heading away, it's the fellas on the panel hanging around never seemingly kicking on I would look at from a Tyrone County Football point of view, nobody seems to ask questions of these lads.

Sorry - I don't understand. What is poor about it? When he left the Tyrone Panel he was planning to go to the states. What is your issue with that?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on June 04, 2018, 02:42:26 PM

Sorry - I don't understand. What is poor about it? When he left the Tyrone Panel he was planning to go to the states. What is your issue with that?

How do you know this? Seems presumptuous without having any evidence. Maybe the lad was pissed off with how things were going and as one door closed, another opened. Too easy to just something negative. 

GetOverTheBar

trailer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 04, 2018, 03:12:46 PM

How do you know this? Seems presumptuous without having any evidence. Maybe the lad was pissed off with how things were going and as one door closed, another opened. Too easy to just something negative.

So he didn't pack Tyrone in for the States?

Oghams Law

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 04, 2018, 03:13:15 PM
Quote from: Oghams Law on June 04, 2018, 02:21:19 PM
Whos the recently called up Tyrone Player GOTB?

Ruairi Sludden.

Did he not play in the starred game at the weekend?

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on June 04, 2018, 02:35:50 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 04, 2018, 02:13:18 PM

Out of curiosity, what is the motivation for these clubs and their sponsors to pay this kind of money to bring players out for a couple of months?

22k is only buttons to some of the business men over in the States, Take some man who been in America his lifetime, loves the Gaa and is getting a chance to see top class gaa men come over and play for his adopted American club! Also some bars sponsor teams and put the money towards a marquee player, in return busy nights in the bars pay the fee off and good publicity!!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on June 04, 2018, 03:31:21 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 04, 2018, 03:12:46 PM

So he didn't pack Tyrone in for the States?

I don't think you are getting the point here. It's very easy to say that he's quit Tyrone for US as it's a good negative story, everyone loves a bit of scandal and makes a lad look sneaky.

How do you know that the US hasn't just come up since he left the panel? Which was what, maybe 2 months ago now? Did Diarmuid Connolly quit Dublin for the states? Or was the US a by product of his availability? These are amateur players - I don't think anyone deserves to be slated online for getting a few quid for themselves over the summer. Edendork might not be thrilled but sure that's life, every club loses players every summer and I'm sure they would rather he goes to play football than a serious injury like some unfortunate lads.