Computer Help

Started by Armagh Cúchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: GAA 125 on July 11, 2013, 11:39:50 AM
I am looking for a reliable web hosting service, anyone point me in the right direction ?

It is to host a CMS website, averaging ~500 visitors daily. I have previously used ipage and justhost but I have not been impressed with the speed of the website.

Any advice or tips much appreciated.

Well you could try siteground.com. I can't say much about it but I know that it hosts more Joomla sites than any other ISP.
Prices here start at $3.95 per mo.
Letshost (letshost.ie) also hosts CMS sites and from what friends tell me, they do a very good job of it too. Prices here start at €3.95 a month.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: GAA 125 on July 11, 2013, 11:39:50 AM
I am looking for a reliable web hosting service, anyone point me in the right direction ?

It is to host a CMS website, averaging ~500 visitors daily. I have previously used ipage and justhost but I have not been impressed with the speed of the website.

Any advice or tips much appreciated.

I would probably recommend Blacknight.
Have a couple of hosting packages with them and am very happy.

There basic package: http://www.blacknight.com/minimus-hosting.html

You can host up to 30 websites on that one package.  €4.95 a month

Stevie Nicks

Have a pc that seems to be riddled with viruses, dead slow and starting to annoy me, any recommendations for anti virus online. Boys in work telling me to go on microsoft website and download the free version???

Syferus

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on August 15, 2013, 09:56:08 PM
Have a pc that seems to be riddled with viruses, dead slow and starting to annoy me, any recommendations for anti virus online. Boys in work telling me to go on microsoft website and download the free version???

Download AVG Free for anti-virus. A clean install of Windows from the disc is the best way to fix speed problems, just remember to save anything you have that you want to keep onto a disc or USB drive first.

Stevie Nicks

muppet

More in internet question but I am hoping someone here can help.

How can I find statistics for how often a particular organisation was in the news within a custom time range, say 5 years from 2004 - 2009?

E.G I am looking for stats that show a high number of returns for a period of high media coverage and then the opposite, and everything in between. Any ideas?
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

Quote from: muppet on August 19, 2013, 06:42:16 PM

How can I find statistics for how often a particular organisation was in the news within a custom time range, say 5 years from 2004 - 2009?

E.G I am looking for stats that show a high number of returns for a period of high media coverage and then the opposite, and everything in between. Any ideas?
I get "google alerts" to my email for companies that I need to follow for work.
They might have a service where you can backtrack these alerts? Might be a start for you anyways....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on August 19, 2013, 07:06:10 PM

They might have a service where you can backtrack these alerts? Might be a start for you anyways....

I get the alerts too but I will try that for the moment, cheers.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: muppet on August 19, 2013, 07:07:05 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on August 19, 2013, 07:06:10 PM

I get the alerts too but I will try that for the moment, cheers.

Actually that is a great idea, as I have an alerts going back years on the subject matter, thanks again Iceman. I promise to be nice to you from now in!
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

Quote from: muppet on August 20, 2013, 02:19:48 PM
Quote from: DickyRock on August 20, 2013, 07:31:55 AM
Try out

http://www.google.co.uk/trends/explore#q=Hbos&cmpt=q

See if it fits for you.

Great link, thanks DR.

Actually it is even better than I thought. It lets you download results as CSV. Brilliant! Thanks again.
MWWSI 2017

Orior

Quote from: muppet on August 20, 2013, 04:27:36 PM

Actually it is even better than I thought. It lets you download results as CSV. Brilliant! Thanks again.

How?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians