Juvenile Coaching

Started by jp2020, November 23, 2015, 06:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 23, 2017, 12:19:51 PM
sillier the better with young kids
don't be afraid to make an eejit of yourself

This is so true. I started making up games at training - hybrids of tennis/football/volley ball, Soccer style celebrations for goals and other daft games. Those are the ones they keep asking for at training. People looking on from a distance must think I am off my head!

Kidder81

Maybe not the right place for this but my cub plays underage for a team and someone has put in Whatsapp group about a collection for the underage mentors for taking teams throughout the year , and a paypal account to pay into. Now maybe it's just me but I have never heard the like of it and I know if I was a mentor I wouldn't take a penny

Has anyone else come across anything like this ?

PMG1

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 23, 2019, 02:08:11 PM

Maybe not the right place for this but my cub plays underage for a team and someone has put in Whatsapp group about a collection for the underage mentors for taking teams throughout the year , and a paypal account to pay into. Now maybe it's just me but I have never heard the like of it and I know if I was a mentor I wouldn't take a penny

It is likely not to give to the coach's as such, more like to pay for a meal and a night out for them which they likely deserve at the end of the season

Itchy

Quote from: PMG1 on November 23, 2019, 05:52:13 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on November 23, 2019, 02:08:11 PM

It is likely not to give to the coach's as such, more like to pay for a meal and a night out for them which they likely deserve at the end of the season

As a coach all I would like at the end of the year is a thank you. Bad idea collecting money although I'm sure the thought behind it was good.

The Gs Man

Some of the parents of our U6 - U8 group threw in a few quid for us coaches to put towards our end of season meal which we would normally pay for ourselves.  It was very much unexpected, but very well appreciated. 

Not sure about paypals and WhatsApp groups etc.  That's all a bit too formal.
Keep 'er lit