Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

5 Irish time is 9 in Vegas, so that should leave plenty to spare. The main events of the last few UFCs I've got up for have started after 6 Spanish time.

screenexile

Quote from: gallsman on May 07, 2016, 09:48:46 PM
5 Irish time is 9 in Vegas, so that should leave plenty to spare. The main events of the last few UFCs I've got up for have started after 6 Spanish time.

I've found they're closer to 6 when they're on!

STREET FIGHTER

Anybody actually got Boxnation?

If not....Twitter stream?

Boycey

Christ the guy that gave that fight to Chisora must be off his head...

Looking forward to Crolla here, I think he might get it tough.

STREET FIGHTER

Chisora outclassed......

Yeah.....next should be a good one.....

bridgegael

Big win for crolla, Let Barroso punch himself out. Then just picked him apart in 6&7. 
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Boycey

Well done Ant... Game plan worked a treat.

Great to hear all the United songs getting an airing through the fight  :D

gallsman

Quote from: bridgegael on May 08, 2016, 12:01:17 AM
Big win for crolla, Let Barroso punch himself out. Then just picked him apart in 6&7.

Cracking fight to watch and seriously ballsy tactics by Crolla. Well deserved and well earned.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on May 07, 2016, 09:18:17 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 07, 2016, 08:56:08 PM
Quote from: Tommo2 on May 07, 2016, 08:20:31 PM
What time is the khan fight due to start?

That strikes me as pretty early, probably closer to five, no?
Aye well as you know advertised as 4 is at least 5 in reality. Make sure youse fire up a few links for streams.

gallsman

Khan tweeted that the absolute railway the ring walks would be is at 4 UK time. Think you'll be OK with alarm at 5.

JimStynes

Great win but it will be a tough career if he fights like that all the time!

nrico2006

Khans problem, apart from the glass jaw, is that his feet aren't anywhere near as quick as his hands and he is always in the pocket to be hit. He doesn't move well and will be even slower tonight. Alvarez's power is overrated, but he should KO Khan and then he will probably vacate the belt as he seems afraid to fight GGG. This catch-weight talk is nonsense. He wants to drain GGG to 155 for the weigh-in yet Alvarez usually comes in at 170. It's not like he is a wee man fighting the bigger Golovkin.  Big step up in class for Quigley tonight too, hope he wins well.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bridgegael

Khan was boxing well, but as expected canello took him out with a devastating right hand!  Khan was out before he hit the canvas, no shame for Khan here.  No celebrating from canello until he knew Khan was ok, pretty classy from him.

Canello said that GGG is next!  Odd interview from Khan and hunter after fight,  both questioning canellos balls in fighting GGG
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

gallsman

Canelo has been vocal in ring about any time, anywhere, any weight in relation to GGG. Won't believe it until I see it.

Atticus_Finch

Was expecting a slightly later kick off. Missed first couple of rounds but Amir started well by all accounts.  From the 5th round Alvarez started to hunt him down being comfortable with the range and making his power superiority count in the sixth. Khan was never getting up from that.
I think the GGG vs Alvarez fight does happen from here. WBC announcement today that both parties have 30 days before it is put out to purse bids and if Alvarez says no or makes unreasonable terms that canelo will be stripped of the belt.when a Mexican dominated sanctioning body is calling you a dodger it would be hard to wrangle out of a fight with GGG and not look anything else but a dodger.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."