Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Minder on September 21, 2013, 12:50:49 PM
Haye v Fury postponed due to Haye getting injured

Looks like this fight isn't going to happen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/24981216
That was never a square ball!!

J OGorman

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 01, 2013, 10:09:22 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on November 01, 2013, 08:57:01 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 01, 2013, 08:07:08 AM
It's all part of it. The trash talk is more entertaining than the fight itself sometimes. That's how they sell fights, Mayweather was sayin he loves playing the pantomime villain. More people buy the fight as they want to see him get knocked out. Groves does always seem to have a chip on his shoulder though.

I know it's all part of it, but there definately seemed like a lot of needle there and it looks like Groves really winds Froch up. I thought Groves game across like a bit of a t**t to be honest.

Only saw the sky show this morning and Groves did look a tube in it, especially with his non stop glaring at Froch.  But I think this has been built up by the way Froch has been behaving with regard to him over the past few months with the comments on Groves sparring Kessler etc.  Was never as happy to see a fighter win as I was when Groves beat that slabber DeGale, would like to see him beat Froch too.

Groves is a bit of an arrogant a$$. Don't understand the anti-Froch sentiments by a few. He's a man's man in and out of the ring. He usually carries himself very well in the lead up to the fights, lost the run of himself in the PR in the lead up to the Kessler fight (but apologised to MK pretty much immed) and you could see the respect the 2 men had for each other @ ringside after. He is some warrior, and in this day n age, he's a breath of fresh air as he ducks no-one. From the 1st bell, to the final bell, you know yer gonna get some vfm

IMO, Groves will get pummeled. Looking forward to this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkVkPS12Twk

stiff breeze

any streams for grooves froch?

stiff breeze

J OGorman

Old cute Jim Watt is never slow to pin his colours to the guy he thinks is gonna win

Some scrap

ballinaman

Quote from: J OGorman on November 23, 2013, 11:17:19 PM
Old cute Jim Watt is never slow to pin his colours to the guy he thinks is gonna win

Some scrap
Is that the co commentators name?? Some bias alright!!

ballinaman

What a joke. No wonder boxing has such a bad rep. Robbery

J OGorman

Quote from: ballinaman on November 23, 2013, 11:28:05 PM

I hear what you are saying lad, but the ref seen groves take 7 or 8 bang on the head and didn't look like he could defend himself. Froch hits hard. Froch did well to get up from that sweet hit in Rd 1. He's a tough nut. Rematch

ballinaman

Quote from: J OGorman on November 23, 2013, 11:31:18 PM

I hear what you are saying lad, but the ref seen groves take 7 or 8 bang on the head and didn't look like he could defend himself. Froch hits hard. Froch did well to get up from that sweet hit in Rd 1. He's a tough nut. Rematch
He didn't look any worse than Froch did in the 1st round IMO. Sure Froch admitted after in the interview that he just remembered he got knocked down! 1st time Groves looked a bit wobbly and ref grabbed him. Aye, rematch will be decent, I'll be watching anyway!

stiff breeze

wat a disgrace , froch took massive shots and the ref never did a thing, its not like groves had his head up in the air taking shots , he had the head down pushing into froch. gutted for him

BennyHarp

I wouldn't be surprised if Froch didn't fancy a rematch, though he was beginning to get on top in that fight and probably would have won had the ref let it continue. He was exposed tonight by a younger and very hungry fighter. Age and a lot of tough battles may have caught up on him.
That was never a square ball!!

ballinaman

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 23, 2013, 11:48:44 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Froch didn't fancy a rematch, though he was beginning to get on top in that fight and probably would have won had the ref let it continue. He was exposed tonight by a younger and very hungry fighter. Age and a lot of tough battles may have caught up on him.
Can't be sure of that. Few cheap shots by Froch, he was trying anything.

JimStynes

The scorecards were even worse than the refs decision ffs. What a joke of a stoppage. Groves moving and throwing punches and the ref jumps in and grabs him in a headlock ffs. Froch will know deep down that he was a lucky man tonight.