2019 Allianz National Hurling League

Started by Mossy Bruce, December 19, 2018, 10:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy Bruce

It will be really interesting to see how Carlow hold up against Waterford, this Saturday.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Don Draper

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on February 14, 2019, 05:44:21 PM
It will be really interesting to see how Carlow hold up against Waterford, this Saturday.
Wexford wont hammer anyone, now with that sweeper system. But they'll still beat Carlow.

Mossy Bruce

LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

G@@

Laois 2-14 v 1-07 Offaly just after half time.

Going well.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on February 14, 2019, 05:44:21 PM
Waterford 3-15 (24)
Carlow 0-10 (10)

A quote from Carlow's Twitter feed, "Tough night. Next Sun. is massive....."   

;D
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Don Draper

We sent the c***ts home over the mountain with their tae in a mug

Gmac

Quote from: Don Draper on February 16, 2019, 09:03:36 PM
great game don well played👋👋

SCFC

Could have to play them again in a playoff (unless we can beat Carlow).

merman

Great to get the win. Great to do so and walk out alongside Offaly supporters who know in their heart of hearts it could have been double figures. We need to develop that ruthlessness but this evening was really encouraging.
Nice Laois support there too.

Well done all.
Roll on Carlow.

The Boy Wonder

I suppose the above contribution is all that could be expected from this forum's resident amadán.
All fair-minded Laois supporters, though a bit jealous of our neighbour's success in football and hurling, would have nothing but admiration for what they achieved over the years.

SCFC

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on February 16, 2019, 09:56:40 PM
All fair-minded Laois supporters, though a bit jealous of our neighbour's success in football and hurling, would have nothing but admiration for what they achieved over the years.
Admiration with a tinge of jealousy but never begrudgery.

Don Draper

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on February 16, 2019, 09:56:40 PM

I suppose the above contribution is all that could be expected from this forum's resident amadán.
You cut me real deep there Shrek

Mossy Bruce

I had to work during the first half of the match but was able to catch up during lunch by looking at Twitter feeds--it looked like Laois was on fire! I was able to follow the second half of the match, live, on Midlands radio. What happened to that amazing momentum from the first half? Did the biffos wake up? Was it the wind? Did the lads get just tired out after all the action in the first half? Did Mr. Brennan experiment with new players since we had a decent lead?

Glad a Harps man was finally put in toward the end of the match.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

burdizzo

Yes, there was a big wind all right. We didn't really use it well until after Dunphy's goal, and it was as if that gave them the lift they needed to 'express themselves'. Some lovely points going over, from all angles, even if they got a bit optimistic towards the end of the first half!
Has to be said, though, that Offaly were dire. Awful first touch, and soft over the ball - unusual to see Laois lads horsing opposition players out of possession. They really should have been beaten by more - the flukey goal at the end made it unjustly respectable for them.
Thought Joe Phelan played a stormer at corner back.