Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on October 21, 2020, 04:29:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2020, 04:23:56 PM
Quote from: Seaney on October 21, 2020, 04:13:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2020, 04:04:47 PM
Quote from: Seaney on October 21, 2020, 04:01:35 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 21, 2020, 03:55:03 PM

I'm all on board for the fact the NHS urgently needs to review how they progress with operations and treatments. But are you querying the reduced limitations for visitors as well? Especially for critically ill?

Yes - if you were critically ill would you not like to see your son or daughter?

What about the other critically ill ones in there?

What about them, they should be entitled to visits also, it is inhumane to allow someone to die and their loved ones in the car park, PPE can be worn.

Ok, so solve it by possibly killing more? Plenty of medical staff have died while using PPE in these places. hospitals are the last place you'd want to be even in normal circumstances, during this period is madness. we all may go through this but all just waying into the hospital PPE on isnt the answer.

Point scoring ffs lad calm yourself, I never mention care homes other than saying they are closed and should be, I said hospital appointments are still available and nurses doing visits is still happening. Your very angry, I get that but you've provided nothing to solve it other than wearing PPE

You are some piece of work weaponizing your father's illness to try and make a point but ignoring other ill patients and their human rights, my mother hadn't covid, wasn't in the covid side, I didn't have covid symptoms, why was I allowed to go see here when she was dying why not when she could be comforted, is this the standard line of this board, you are a very angry man when one questions the "regulars"?

I'm giving you real life examples, I'm not angry at all, I'm happy to see this out whatever way it comes, I'm not the decision maker, there are people worse off than me, I know that.. A few things recently have re focused what's really important in life.

I never ignored others either, with the amount of cases we are seeing, everyone will have had some dealings which have restricted their involvement with love ones, unfortunately for you it's been very difficult and I'm sorry for that.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

I'm gonna stab the next hoor who starts of ".. So you can do.. but you can't do... that makes sense ::)" f**k right off.  Let's all just accept there are anamolies and move on

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Angelo on October 21, 2020, 03:50:39 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 21, 2020, 03:29:43 PM
It's not at all. You said the virus was stagnating.

Nope I said the virus was stagnating as daily cases were staying fairly stable over the past fortnight, how we measure the growth of the virus is daily cases. Look you got there eventually I suppose.

Quote from: Angelo on October 20, 2020, 03:29:52 PM

It looks as though the virus has stagnated now, we are having fairly similar daily numbers for the past fortnight.

Stagnate: cease developing; become inactive or dull.

The virus hasn't stagnated at all.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Angelo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 21, 2020, 05:29:36 PM

Nope I said the virus was stagnating as daily cases were staying fairly stable over the past fortnight, how we measure the growth of the virus is daily cases. Look you got there eventually I suppose.

It looks as though the virus has stagnated now, we are having fairly similar daily numbers for the past fortnight.

verb (used without object), stag·nat·ed, stag·nat·ing.
to cease to run or flow, as water, air, etc.
to be or become stale or foul from standing, as a pool of water.
to stop developing, growing, progressing, or advancing:
My mind is stagnating from too much TV.
to be or become sluggish and dull:
When the leading lady left, the show started to stagnate.

Happy to help.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 21, 2020, 04:16:08 PM

Jesus. You still don't get it.

It's the contrary, you're just a day late in getting it.

Rossfan

1167 cases in the 26 and I think it was 1,030 in the 6 today.
Hope they all make a speedy recovery and don't get any ongoing damage from it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on October 21, 2020, 06:31:55 PM

Nothing to worry about, as long as it's stagnant and  stagnating that will cure them.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2020, 06:54:22 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 21, 2020, 06:31:55 PM

Nothing to worry about, as long as it's stagnant and  stagnating that will cure them.
::)

sid waddell

We've had a good few posters here imploring for things to be "opened up"

Yet I can't recall any of these posters ever imploring for a proper test and trace system

Or a Zero Covid system

Both of these are strategies to suppress the virus and have been shown to work when done properly

So the clear implication is that these people want to open up without either proper test and trace or Zero Covid

What sort of person wants to open up without a suppression strategy rather than open up with a suppression strategy?

Sociopaths, that's who

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on October 21, 2020, 09:56:37 PM

Yet I can't recall any of these posters ever imploring for a proper test and trace system

Or a Zero Covid system

Both of these are strategies to suppress the virus and have been shown to work when done properly

So the clear implication is that these people want to open up without either proper test and trace or Zero Covid

What sort of person wants to open up without a suppression strategy rather than open up with a suppression strategy?

Sociopaths, that's who

Let's hide under our beds until 2023 then.

Let's crank up domestic violence cases, unemployment and mental health problems in that time.

At what benefit?

Did you ever call for a lockdown in any of the past flu seasons? If you didn't then you're a sociopath by your own definition.

Milltown Row2

I see Angelo is in Dublin's Grafton's street tonight!

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on October 21, 2020, 11:45:40 PM

Or a Zero Covid system

Sociopaths, that's who

Let's crank up domestic violence cases, unemployment and mental health problems in that time.

At what benefit?

Did you ever call for a lockdown in any of the past flu seasons? If you didn't then you're a sociopath by your own definition.
You're deflecting more than a Mayo defender in the first half of the 2016 All-Ireland final

Why do you want to open up society fully without a suppression strategy rather than open it up cautiously with a suppression strategy?

And why is this the loony right's continued narrative?

The logical conclusion is that the loony right sees mass death as a good thing in and of itself

And one only has to look at Trump to see this is indeed the case in reality

southtyronegael

I thought I was in the Tyrone thread with all this talk of stagnating.

ballinaman

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 12:02:13 AM
Quote from: Angelo on October 21, 2020, 11:45:40 PM

Or a Zero Covid system

Sociopaths, that's who

At what benefit?

You're deflecting more than a Mayo defender in the first half of the 2016 All-Ireland final

Why do you want to open up society fully without a suppression strategy rather than open it up cautiously with a suppression strategy?

And why is this the loony right's continued narrative?

The logical conclusion is that the loony right sees mass death as a good thing in and of itself

And one only has to look at Trump to see this is indeed the case in reality

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on October 21, 2020, 02:20:11 PM
So the WHO estimated about a month back that 10% of the world's population had Covid.

That's a rough guess that 780m people had been infected.

At that time, worldwide Covid deaths were at about the 1m mark.

That's a mortality rate of 0.13%

We know that across the world that deaths have been wrongly recorded with Covid as the cause of death when there was a positive test of Covid but no symptoms had been displayed and the cause of death was in actual fact their underlying health issue or a terminal illness.

The WHO estimate that circa 400k people die with flu every year.

The mortality rate of flu is estimated to be around 0.1%.

We don't shut society down every winter to save people from dying from flu. Are the lockdown merchants ashamed of this or is death, consumption of the health service and long term impacts on people who catch it acceptable?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You've done it again

This is getting a bit surreal.