Is the earlier Championship a success or failure?

Started by full moon, May 07, 2022, 12:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earlier Championship

Success
60 (38.7%)
Failure
62 (40%)
Too early to say
33 (21.3%)

Total Members Voted: 155

TheMistro

Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2022, 01:32:29 PM
Seeing as most adult club championships won't start till August anyway I'd suspect AI Finals will be a week or 2 later next year or 2.

When are All Ireland club final this year?  Counties in particular dual cutting it tight starting in August.

Blowitupref

Quote from: TheMistro on July 03, 2022, 08:04:40 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2022, 01:32:29 PM
Seeing as most adult club championships won't start till August anyway I'd suspect AI Finals will be a week or 2 later next year or 2.

When are All Ireland club final this year? Counties in particular dual cutting it tight starting in August.
January 2023.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2022, 07:29:41 PM
Make all temporary transfers last for 6 months.
no chance. Let the lads go and enjoy themselves in the US make a few quid then come home and play club championship. The effort they put in for their county all year its the least they deserve.

thewobbler

Do that and the unintended consequences will quickly appear.

Currently America is a jolly for students. Go out for a few months and enjoy no strings attached football. They've to be back for September anyway to continue their education.

Move it to a 6 month stay and the sponsors no longer target students. Instead they go after graduates, and that 6 month term will often turn into a year, a couple of years, a lifetime.

Gael80

I wouldn't agree with that, let them go out to play a bit of football and have a summer break if they're out of the inter county championships, playing club league games is no comparsion to a few months in the US.

However we do need to review the schedule in Ireland, we don't need penalities to decide latter stage games or such a short All Ireland series to facilitate players going over to the US, which is what the new system effectively does. Push the All Ireland Finals into August!

Dreadnought

Ah, a fun killer. Let them go out and have their fun, it's a few months, they'll be back for club championship, it's harming no one. Let them at it

Rossfan

A lot of support for semi Professionalism I see ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

pbat

Id go even further RossFan and outlaw any outside managers or coaches for the clubs or county. In the event a small club genuinely cant get a clubman to do it they have to make a case to the county board justifying the need to approach an outside man. Kill the mercenary manager gravy train. 

Dreadnought

Keyser soze

As the Chinese leader in the 1980's said when asked about the French Revolution 'it's much too early to say if it's been a success'

keep her low this half

Quote from: pbat on July 04, 2022, 10:12:19 AM
Id go even further RossFan and outlaw any outside managers or coaches for the clubs or county. In the event a small club genuinely cant get a clubman to do it they have to make a case to the county board justifying the need to approach an outside man. Kill the mercenary manager gravy train.
I am with you, draft up a proposal for Croke park

Cavan19

Quote from: Gael80 on July 04, 2022, 07:41:53 AM

I wouldn't agree with that, let them go out to play a bit of football and have a summer break if they're out of the inter county championships, playing club league games is no comparsion to a few months in the US.

However we do need to review the schedule in Ireland, we don't need penalities to decide latter stage games or such a short All Ireland series to facilitate players going over to the US, which is what the new system effectively does. Push the All Ireland Finals into August!

If they play intercounty Championship they  won't get a transfer AFAIK.

Armagh18

Quote from: Cavan19 on July 04, 2022, 03:47:51 PM

What? Half of Armagh, Down,  Mayo and more are out there at the min

Cavan19

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 04, 2022, 03:48:58 PM
Quote from: Cavan19 on July 04, 2022, 03:47:51 PM

What? Half of Armagh, Down,  Mayo and more are out there at the min

Is that not the reason the Derry guy pulled of the panel a week or 2 before championhsip?

Edit: Could be completely wrong though i read it here.

Rossfan

Isn't it that you can't get a transfer until your County exits the Championship (incl TC)?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM