Is the earlier Championship a success or failure?

Started by full moon, May 07, 2022, 12:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earlier Championship

Success
60 (38.5%)
Failure
63 (40.4%)
Too early to say
33 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 156

pbat

Its more apparent now that the GPA's big push for the split season was nothing to do with average club players and all to do with the lure of the Dollar for the elites.

thewobbler

Quote from: pbat on June 30, 2022, 06:34:08 PM
Its more apparent now that the GPA's big push for the split season was nothing to do with average club players and all to do with the lure of the Dollar for the elites.

I love a bit of GPA bashing myself, but it wasn't them that drove the split season.

seafoid

Football final 24 July. 5 months to Christmas .

Cad a dhéanfaimid feasta gan adhmad ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Quote from: thewobbler on June 30, 2022, 06:50:38 PM
Quote from: pbat on June 30, 2022, 06:34:08 PM

I love a bit of GPA bashing myself, but it wasn't them that drove the split season.
What really drove it over the line was playing Club Championships first after the Covid closedown in 2020 .
Virtually everybody said Club Championships should be played when  no County games were happening.
Weren't the AI hurling and football Finals already brought forward a few weeks in 18 and 19?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JBM on the 21

How would it have fared if a summer World Cup had taken place?

seafoid

Quote from: JBM on the 21 on June 30, 2022, 07:40:23 PM
I don't think it would have.

We are approaching the peak of the season and next year it will coincide with the Euros.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Derryman forever

Quote from: JBM on the 21 on June 30, 2022, 07:40:23 PM

Fifa would have reprogrammed ,obviously.

Cunny Funt

Busy with the J1s this summer, Chicago GAA are to live stream games. plenty more county players gone to San Francisco, Boston, New York, Philadelphia i wonder will they do the same.

Wildweasel74

We near the end of the county season, and most club fball about round 12/15, the time for club fball, has seen alot of players piss off to America.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: seafoid on June 30, 2022, 07:00:39 PM
Football final 24 July. 5 months to Christmas .

Cad a dhéanfaimid feasta gan adhmad ?

Club games, club games all over the country, plenty of which I'll have next to no interest in.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Seeing as most adult club championships won't start till August anyway I'd suspect AI Finals will be a week or 2 later next year or 2.

RedHand88

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 02, 2022, 06:41:21 PM
We near the end of the county season, and most club fball about round 12/15, the time for club fball, as seen alot of players piss off to America.

This. There are teams in America that would challenge for an all-ireland. I expect them to look at the structure again, bound to be having second thoughts.

Gael80

At this rate Sky Sports will be buying the rights to US GAA, that's where it's all happening . They must be delighted over there with the competitions they can now organise for 6 weeks.

Rossfan

Make all temporary transfers last for 6 months.