What did Anderson say about Jones?

Started by theskull1, September 02, 2007, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

I see George Jones is suing Gerry Anderson for comments he made about him recently on his radio programme. All the newsprint I've read tells nothing about what was said. Can anybody tell us what was said?.........allegedly ;)

Gerry's been sore on Jones for years and for good reason IMO. The guy just reeks of falseness to me and deserves what ever he gets.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Orior

Jones is stadium announcer at Windsor Park apparently, but lets not hold that against him.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

Good on ye Anderson. Jones will receive zero support. If Nolan took that approach, Gerry'd never be out of court. Fortunately Nolan has a SOH.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Never liked George Jones, but my Mum used to enjoy listening to him on the radio. However, not in recent years.

What exactly did Gerry Anderson say about him?
Testing Accessibility

thewobbler

If anyone knows what was said, let it loose. I'd be interested to know what it would take to offend poor little George so much.

From my time at the Beeb, one of those two came across as a friendly, outgoing person who knew that people looked up to him and responded as such, while the other was an angry, arrogant twat. I'll let you guess which one was which.

ziggysego

Quote from: thewobbler on September 03, 2007, 01:46:04 PM
From my time at the Beeb, one of those two came across as a friendly, outgoing person who knew that people looked up to him and responded as such, while the other was an angry, arrogant twat. I'll let you guess which one was which.

I met one of them, so I'd safely say it was the other.
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

met one of them myself when he played for Clubsound, he as a little p***k then too
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

maybe he referred to him as a talentless little arrogant little twat, oh so he is

Armagh4SamAgain

maybe it will all come out in court or else Anderson will give him a fiver to go away
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

theskull1

Maybes are no use. Surely someone heard what was actually/allegedly said  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Square Ball

He is suing his former colleague over alleged defamatory comments made by Anderson during a Radio Ulster programme handover with Stephen Nolan earlier this month.

if it was during a handover was it on air? does anyone here listen to the Nolan show?

Donagh

Quote from: Square Ball on September 04, 2007, 12:21:39 PM
He is suing his former colleague over alleged defamatory comments made by Anderson during a Radio Ulster programme handover with Stephen Nolan earlier this month.

if it was during a handover was it on air? does anyone here listen to the Nolan show?

Given that gerry slags Hugo, Jones, Bennett and Nolan during pretty much every show and handover, it could have been one of a hundred items that Jones is suing over.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

There's a lot of pettiness and ego in radio.

Still, all good publicity for both - a bit like the sweet wrapper row between two prominent QCs here a few years ago.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

red hander

'All the newsprint I've read tells nothing about what was said'

That's because they'd be repeating the alleged libel and opening themselves up to be also sued by Jones.

I despise the BBC but that googly-eyed f***wit has done nothing but whine since he was booted out by them after they (finally) recognised he was a talentless pile of steaming shite...

Hurler on the Bitch

I heard from a well-informed friend that Anderson said something that was in real terms unrepeatable. Apparently he questioned Jones's ability to comprehend something in a manner that was hardly inappropriate. It seems that Jones took offence as he has been well-known not to partake in such things. The fact is that what was said was perceived to be offensive, in a non-offensive way. Whether Anderson said it in the first place; whether Jones heard it or whether Nolan was listening will all be revealed in court. At this stage though it is open to question whether what was said was actually said.