Your county in 2022 - Hopes v Expectations

Started by ONeill, December 21, 2021, 09:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: bennydorano on August 18, 2022, 05:33:26 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on August 18, 2022, 12:21:57 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on January 04, 2022, 03:29:39 PM
Armagh.

Hopes - To win Ulster and do well in Division 1.

Expectations - I expect to remain in division 1 and see how the year goes from there.  We dont have the defence to be truly competitive unless we see some huge progression in the league.

Got half of my hopes anyway.  There was some huge progression in the league and i think our squad actually found belief in themselves at the top table. My only real expectation was to remain in Div1.

I'd expect Ulster next year.
Think our defence improved a helluva lot, Greg McCabe settled at 6 could be key next year

Yeah it certainly did.  I certainly didnt see McCabe stepping forward as a quality 6 or Jarly Óg as a very effective half back.

armaghniac

Quote from: lurganblue on August 19, 2022, 10:23:57 AM
Armagh.

Expectations - I expect to remain in division 1 and see how the year goes from there.  We dont have the defence to be truly competitive unless we see some huge progression in the league.

Got half of my hopes anyway.  There was some huge progression in the league and i think our squad actually found belief in themselves at the top table. My only real expectation was to remain in Div1.

Think our defence improved a helluva lot, Greg McCabe settled at 6 could be key next year

Yeah it certainly did.  I certainly didnt see McCabe stepping forward as a quality 6 or Jarly Óg as a very effective half back.

Did you predict Ethan Rafferty as a goalie? I didn't see that one coming.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lurganblue

Quote from: armaghniac on August 19, 2022, 10:51:49 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on August 19, 2022, 10:23:57 AM
Armagh.

Did you predict Ethan Rafferty as a goalie? I didn't see that one coming.

Negative

Rossfan

Quote from: Rossfan on December 22, 2021, 05:02:36 PM
Hope
Promotion, Connacht Title, reach AI semi final. Also at least 1 Connacht underage Title.
Expectation
With a load of new players being tried out staying in D2. Lose Connacht Final and 50/50 if we make Qtr Finals. Competitive in Connacht Minor and U20.
1 out of 4 "Hopes"
1 exceeded expectation, 1 "achieved", 3 failed.
So a poor year overall :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on August 19, 2022, 11:49:29 AM
Hope
Promotion, Connacht Title, reach AI semi final. Also at least 1 Connacht underage Title.
Expectation
With a load of new players being tried out staying in D2. Lose Connacht Final and 50/50 if we make Qtr Finals. Competitive in Connacht Minor and U20.
1 out of 4 "Hopes"

It's the hopes that kill you.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on August 19, 2022, 11:49:29 AM
Hope
Expectation
1 out of 4 "Hopes"
Losing to Clare .#Jaysus.
Have to stay up next year
No sign of the new Junior McManus.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rrhf

2022 should see us being hounded by referees, metally and [physically tired after the 21 exertions,  loads of players sent off, anti Tyrone negative commentary and too much partying leaving teams like Armagh and Derry half a chance which they may exploit as a one off...leading to a return of formidable powers in 2023.   

Cunny Funt

Dublin's hopes for 2023 will greatly improve with the news that Paul Mannion & Jack McCaffrey will rejoin Dublin squad.