Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lár na páirce 1

As I told BS Mick&Tomas not available ,Big Pat probably a few weeks away from peak fitness,Hearing pollock been called up

bannside

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on May 17, 2022, 10:14:46 AM
As I told BS Mick&Tomas not available ,Big Pat probably a few weeks away from peak fitness,Hearing pollock been called up

I'm at a loss with all the changing of the squads, so tell me this, what size of panel did they have at the Cavan game? How many are left and what's the craic with bringing in players who haven't trained all year with the squad?

What's left should be used and some loyalty shown for their efforts over the preseason and league campaign, would be my approach anyways..

Granted a position like goalkeeper is slightly different, Chris should only be back up to the second keeper
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

barnish oggie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2022, 11:30:51 AM
Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on May 17, 2022, 10:14:46 AM

I'm at a loss with all the changing of the squads, so tell me this, what size of panel did they have at the Cavan game? How many are left and what's the craic with bringing in players who haven't trained all year with the squad?

What's left should be used and some loyalty shown for their efforts over the preseason and league campaign, would be my approach anyways..

Granted a position like goalkeeper is slightly different, Chris should only be back up to the second keeper

Agree, you should stick by the lads that have been with you all year and not be dipping into guys outside that panel.

Unless you have some star player who maybe has been injured so far.

Bit of a kick in the teeth to some of the fringe players who have put the hours in on the training pitch if Pollock comes in and gets time ahead of them.

If you are needing numbers to pad out the squad for drop outs surely it would be better to bring in younger players to give them the experience of being with the senior panel.

Saffsof82

That new club that started in NBelfast, i can never remember their name, are they still going? Have the played any matches?

Tyrdub

Quote from: Saffsof82 on May 18, 2022, 11:24:58 AM
That new club that started in NBelfast, i can never remember their name, are they still going? Have the played any matches?

you mean Wolfe Tones?

Saffsof82

no,not wolf tones, there was another one started, around north belfast.

Tyrdub

Quote from: Saffsof82 on May 18, 2022, 01:11:14 PM
no,not wolf tones, there was another one started, around north belfast.

Henry Joy's - hurling club

bannside

I've heard nothing G&T. You're grapevine may be better than mine though!

Lár na páirce 1

Four Cargin men heading stateside start of June seems to be the in thing this year 😳

JimStynes

Fair played to them. Great experience for any young lad.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on May 19, 2022, 06:41:02 PM
Four Cargin men heading stateside start of June seems to be the in thing this year 😳

Who?

barnish oggie

Any chance half a dozen Creggan men could do the same before the championship  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: barnish oggie on May 20, 2022, 09:09:01 AM

Any chance half a dozen Creggan men could do the same before the championship  ;D

Sure they'll all be back for championship, well that's the way it used to be.. Great to see lads heading out and getting a few bob on top! Wildwood was a great experience also, so the likes of Philly and New York and beyond will be a great place to play a bitta football (the standard will be high enough) and enjoy the craic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Are there not restrictions that you can't play here if you play in the states now?