Naomh Éanna---v---Clann na hÉireann Carraigin            CARGIN
Naomh Bríd---v---Naomh Eoin                                      NB
Naomh Muire Achadh Eochaille---v---Lamh Dhearg        ST MARYS
Gort na Móna CLG---v---Kickhams GAC Creggan           CREGGAN
Tír na nÓg Randalstown---v---O`Donovan RossaTir       DRAW
HOMEFIT ACFL DIV 2
Pádraig Sáirseil CLG---v---Naomh Treasa CLG /St Teresa's GAC        PADDYS
Naomh Seosamh/St Joseph's---v---St Mary's Rasharkin                   GLENAVY
Con Magee's Glenravel---v---Naomh Pól CLG /St Pauls                    GLENRAVEL
All Saints Ballymena---v---Cuchullains Dun Lathaí                           DUNLOY
Ciceam Ard Eoin---v---Naomh Eargnait, Muine Glás                        M'GLASS
CLG MacDaibhéid---v---Naomh Séamas                                          DRAW

I can see the Johnnies dishing out a hammering to the brides

🤔🤔

imtommygunn

I doubt anyone picked ardoyne to beat moneyglass either.

NatSoSaff

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on May 11, 2022, 09:06:58 PM
Quote from: NatSoSaff on May 11, 2022, 11:35:37 AM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on May 11, 2022, 08:32:00 AM
HOMEFIT ACFL DIV 1
Roger Casements Portglenone---v---St. Mary's Aghagallon   CASEMENTS
HOMEFIT ACFL DIV 2
Con Magee's Glenravel---v---Naomh Pól CLG /St Pauls                    GLENRAVEL
All Saints Ballymena---v---Cuchullains Dun Lathaí                           DUNLOY
CLG MacDaibhéid---v---Naomh Séamas                                          DRAW

🤔🤔

Good lad Brendan. Didn't quite catch your pre match predictions. 🤡

Saffsof82

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 11, 2022, 09:17:55 PM
I doubt anyone picked ardoyne to beat moneyglass either.

Never saw that one coming at all, Rasharkin beating Glenavy at chapel hill a big shock also.

paddyjohn

Quote from: NatSoSaff on May 11, 2022, 09:49:03 PM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on May 11, 2022, 09:06:58 PM
Quote from: NatSoSaff on May 11, 2022, 11:35:37 AM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on May 11, 2022, 08:32:00 AM
HOMEFIT ACFL DIV 1
Roger Casements Portglenone---v---St. Mary's Aghagallon   CASEMENTS
HOMEFIT ACFL DIV 2

🤔🤔

Good lad Brendan. Didn't quite catch your pre match predictions. 🤡

He only has eyes for one club, the aggies. No actually stall that digger. 🤡🤡

Would ye whist

Some strange results tonight, Rasharkin beating Glenavy, Ardoyne scoring heavily and beating MGlass and St Paul's taking a 16 point beating

bannside

Glenravel coming strong and supplying lots of players to county development squads and under 17s and 20s. Their club juvenile teams flying too, yet another SW club on a very definite progress curve. Going to get stronger now year on year too.

The Ardoyne result is a real head scratcher. Fair play to them, let's them see that glimpse of potential that they can aim to deliver on more consistent basis. Division two is really competitive this year.

bannside

Hearing there have been a few departures from county senior panel in advance of Tailltean Cup. Marty Johnston and Eunan Walsh are two I've heard of....both will be losses to the squad and imo should have been getting much more game time than what was being offered to them.

EOC1923

St Endas took defensive structures to a new level last night, that wasn't easy watched. In the same vein not going to fault them for it, it takes committment.
BS it seems all county teams are losing players between Ulster champ loss and Tailteann start, and the format for the Tailteann not helping  raise interest. For me all players in the squad for the Cavan game should give the Tailteann a rattle, seemingly that's not going to happen.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on May 12, 2022, 07:41:16 AM
Glenravel coming strong and supplying lots of players to county development squads and under 17s and 20s. Their club juvenile teams flying too, yet another SW club on a very definite progress curve. Going to get stronger now year on year too.

The Ardoyne result is a real head scratcher. Fair play to them, let's them see that glimpse of potential that they can aim to deliver on more consistent basis. Division two is really competitive this year.

Struggling with your geography, you'll be telling me Ballycastle is in the SW also  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Of course every county will ship a few players who upon reflection arnt sitting as high in the managers pecking order as they would like. Antrim won't be only county in this position.

Your sentiments are noble EOC, but in real world there is a massive committment level involved and if you aren't seeing much (or in Eunans case any) game time, then I can understand why that player would want to transfer that committment level to their club.

To emphasise that point I ask you do you think Mick Tomas or James would be hanging around to play Tailltean Cup this year if they hadn't featured in the recent championship contest. We all know the answer is either definitely not, or extremely doubtful.

bannside

By geographical definition SW Antrim would be Aghagallon Glenavy and Aldergrove. Antrim town and Baile Menoch could call themselves Mid Antrim. The three clubs near the Lough shore could be West Antrim, PG1 and Ahoghill Mid West Antrim and Rasharkin Dunloy North West Antrim. Would Glenravel qualify for North Antrim or would they be Mid North West Antrim?

Still not sure where St Endas fit in, any thoughts? North  South Antrim maybe!!

Saffsof82

Quote from: bannside on May 12, 2022, 08:42:59 AM
Of course every county will ship a few players who upon reflection arnt sitting as high in the managers pecking order as they would like. Antrim won't be only county in this position.

Your sentiments are noble EOC, but in real world there is a massive committment level involved and if you aren't seeing much (or in Eunans case any) game time, then I can understand why that player would want to transfer that committment level to their club.

To emphasise that point I ask you do you think Mick Tomas or James would be hanging around to play Tailltean Cup this year if they hadn't featured in the recent championship contest. We all know the answer is either definitely not, or extremely doubtful.

Enda tinkered very little with his starting 15 all season, only when injury made it necessary. The lads in the panel who put in the same effort as the starting 15 or the other 5 who usually got game time, are not seeing enough of a pathway . Its difficult to keep a panel of 30 happy, but a few more chances throughout the year may have helped. Tough one for players and mgt .

asaffgael

Was the tailteann cup not sold as a group stage to get more games? Disappointed it is knockout, sure it basically is the back door albeit against potentially weaker opposition.

Saffsof82

Quote from: asaffgael on May 12, 2022, 09:18:14 AM
Was the tailteann cup not sold as a group stage to get more games? Disappointed it is knockout, sure it basically is the back door albeit against potentially weaker opposition.

Your 100% right, it was sold to counties as a group competition, an ideal opportunity to throw couple of u20s into the mix and blood them, but being told its straight knock out. Who changed it and why seem to be a mystery!