Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 14, 2022, 04:23:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2022, 03:52:55 PM
Quote from: barnish oggie on April 14, 2022, 03:26:36 PM
Quote from: bannside on April 14, 2022, 02:56:40 PM
Takes a few years to find your feet Barnish. But it looks like you're there for the duration. Another club making decent strides.

Oh i know, you pick and choose your matches at this stage to do enough to stay up and build from there.

I just think the Creggan game will be interesting from a intensity level, i don't think we will be within 10 scores of them at the end but it'll be good craic if both sets of players are up for the battle!

It'll be like Armoy playing Ballycastle

Or Carey playing Ballycastle..

Remember doing one of them and it was feisty  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2022, 04:25:39 PM
Takes a few years to find your feet Barnish. But it looks like you're there for the duration. Another club making decent strides.

Oh i know, you pick and choose your matches at this stage to do enough to stay up and build from there.

I just think the Creggan game will be interesting from a intensity level, i don't think we will be within 10 scores of them at the end but it'll be good craic if both sets of players are up for the battle!

Hope you didn't lose control of the game!

Flanker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2022, 04:22:34 PM
Quote from: Flanker on April 14, 2022, 04:20:08 PM

Would you not be concerned about the building blocks to build from. Juvenile teams in Div 3.

Not a great base to be working from.

With the numbers catchment area and facilities does that not need fixed

You can have juvenile teams in whatever division but if you can have three moving on to a senior div 1 team every other year and allow them to develop you'll do ok.

Everything is possible but if you want to compete in Div1 and progress 2 consecutive age groups in Div 3 covering roughly 4 school year groups will be challenging. You might get away with it if it is just a blip but you would want to get up the levels.

Spike

Would you not be concerned about the building blocks to build from. Juvenile teams in Div 3.

TNN have regrouped as past 10 years and halted the territorial inroads made by one of their rivals into the town.   If youth numbers and facilities are anything to go by then TNN are on the right track.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2022, 04:25:39 PM

They play this weekend in the Feis I think

Flanker

Quote from: Spike on April 14, 2022, 04:54:31 PM

TNN have regrouped as past 10 years and halted the territorial inroads made by one of their rivals into the town.   If youth numbers and facilities are anything to go by then TNN are on the right track.

Agree was just surprised with the upturn to see u17 & u15 down in Div 3.Harder to get the next batch to push on to the next level from there.

rogercasement

Absolute nonsense about youngsters looking to next level and what standard they are at.
My young fella hasn't a clue about what standard the age group above him are playing at, he just wants to be like the bigger boys and play it.

Quote from: Flanker on April 14, 2022, 05:22:08 PM

Agree was just surprised with the upturn to see u17 & u15 down in Div 3.Harder to get the next batch to push on to the next level from there.

Flanker

Quote from: rogercasement on April 14, 2022, 05:25:44 PM
Absolute nonsense about youngsters looking to next level and what standard they are at.
My young fella hasn't a clue about what standard the age group above him are playing at, he just wants to be like the bigger boys and play it.

RC not what I meant

Harder to get the next 6 - 8 players of sufficient quality to push the Senior team to the next level when you are competing at Div 3 underage with the next 2 age groups coming through. Having your underage teams competitive at as High a level as possible.

rogercasement

Ah get you now Flanker, however from our point of view as long as you are fielding teams at each age group we would worry about seniors after minor, we've found reserves to be good for bringing boys on.

Saffsof82

Quote from: Flanker on April 14, 2022, 05:51:24 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on April 14, 2022, 05:25:44 PM

RC not what I meant

Harder to get the next 6 - 8 players of sufficient quality to push the Senior team to the next level when you are competing at Div 3 underage with the next 2 age groups coming through. Having your underage teams competitive at as High a level as possible.

Your right flanker, but I've seen a trend in TNN as last lot of years to play in the B and C divisions at juvenile when they would be capable of being at the very least competitive in the top division, not a good mindset

country bumpkin

Jeez, Galls failed to field in an u-15 league game fixed for their own Milltown venue against Moneyglass tonight...

That is not good news....

Spike

Not good news at all.  Has there been a problem with the feeder schools?  Certainly some county clubs experience random drops in male numbers in certain years which can happen, but not certain if this happens to the same extent in the city

Milltown Row2

Some years at different levels are leaner than others, it's the Easter holidays too, could be lots of kids are away with family, it's been 2 years  since people can actually fly to a destination.

If some kids are away it will have a knock on effect to field a team. Thanks for the concern though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

Hopefully thats it MR. Keeping the numbers coming in is a full time job

EOC1923

If U15s and 17s are competitive and capable go in the top league, if not capable they go to a lower league that suits them. No point shipping a pasting every week. No matter how bad a team is you can always still get two or 3 good players out if it. One annoying thing is when teams are more than capable of playing and competing in Div1 but they choose to enter Division 2 which they go on to win at a canter. No good for anyone that.