Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 14, 2022, 11:32:59 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 14, 2022, 11:26:24 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on April 14, 2022, 11:12:36 AM
Quote from: bannside on April 14, 2022, 10:54:56 AM
CB wtf are you actually on about? Cargin match just another game for us win lose or draw. Both teams will have 15 starting the game. It's only the league. Both clubs will attempt to time their run for the chsmpionship. Same as about a dozen other clubs!  Is there something about this that's hard to understand?

Love to mark a moment in history BS as Tir na Nog gaining a first ever verdict over St Galls lately.

Maybe I am wrong but do you remember when PG1 managed to breast the winning line with a win over Cargin in league or championship...?

Surely a win on the next one over Cargin would mark a moment in history...??

Definitely happened in league before
20 years ago
Championship semi final 2005 ? Maybe I'm wrong

Had forgotten that one....remember the final.v Galls though...

Cargin suitably chastened came back to meet up with Mac Namee 2006....

Amazing how dementia can set in after a defeat
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

No one disputing Cargins pedigree now or in the past. A rich conveyor belt that keeps on running. It's up to the other clubs to develop their own now, prepare footballers to an elite level. Cargin the template...but more than happy with our own progress on that front and what we have coming down the track.

If clubs can improve even by 5% across the board year on year, that represents a considerable improvement across a five or ten year term.

As I said before, we simply cannot rely at all on schools or Co Dev squads to do this for us. Club is king.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 14, 2022, 11:45:44 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on April 14, 2022, 11:32:59 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 14, 2022, 11:26:24 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on April 14, 2022, 11:12:36 AM
Quote from: bannside on April 14, 2022, 10:54:56 AM
CB wtf are you actually on about? Cargin match just another game for us win lose or draw. Both teams will have 15 starting the game. It's only the league. Both clubs will attempt to time their run for the chsmpionship. Same as about a dozen other clubs!  Is there something about this that's hard to understand?

Love to mark a moment in history BS as Tir na Nog gaining a first ever verdict over St Galls lately.

Maybe I am wrong but do you remember when PG1 managed to breast the winning line with a win over Cargin in league or championship...?

Surely a win on the next one over Cargin would mark a moment in history...??

Definitely happened in league before
20 years ago
Championship semi final 2005 ? Maybe I'm wrong

Had forgotten that one....remember the final.v Galls though...

Cargin suitably chastened came back to meet up with Mac Namee 2006....

Amazing how dementia can set in after a defeat

HH am more than aware of that horrible disease and think your comment is not worthy of any reply.

bannside

Big Hoof played in that match probably so I can see why he wouldn't want it airbrushed out of the history books. But if you suggested "Is that referee blind - eg MR for instance lol - does it mean it should be taken literally?

No. Didn't think so.

EOC1923

Who could forget that year, Portglenone went on and got thrashed in the final, Madden then quoted in the Irish News the next day 'we are now most definitely the second best team in Antrim'  The quote said it all.

EOC1923

Was well impressed with McNeilly, young forward for TNN last night, pace and accuracy. Hadn't seen him since 2019 but he was very good and worth a watching

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on April 14, 2022, 12:59:35 PM
Big Hoof played in that match probably so I can see why he wouldn't want it airbrushed out of the history books. But if you suggested "Is that referee blind - eg MR for instance lol - does it mean it should be taken literally?

No. Didn't think so.
WTF are u on about BS...?
So losing in a county final is memorable....so you well remember all those occassions Cargin lost in finals....and the requiems written, or the day you vacated the arena early with a smile on your face until Tomas worked his magic...

I know HH can speak up loudly for himself....come across him at regular intervals....

Sin e.....

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: EOC1923 on April 14, 2022, 01:14:19 PM
Was well impressed with McNeilly, young forward for TNN last night, pace and accuracy. Hadn't seen him since 2019 but he was very good and worth a watching

A very good player, took some nice scores and general play was excellent

barnish oggie

Quote from: EOC1923 on April 14, 2022, 01:14:19 PM

Great left peg on him and an intelligent player.

Hopefully Div 1 will be the making of him, he has the talent and just needs to add the physicality, while not losing his pace.

While not getting the result last night, that is the standard to aspire to and you only improve playing against the big boys.

No matter how many weren't there last night, it is still Cargin and the reputation means a lot when you are coming up from Div 2 not having been there before for any of those players.

Creggan match should be interesting in a few weeks!

bannside

Takes a few years to find your feet Barnish. But it looks like you're there for the duration. Another club making decent strides.

barnish oggie

Quote from: bannside on April 14, 2022, 02:56:40 PM
Takes a few years to find your feet Barnish. But it looks like you're there for the duration. Another club making decent strides.

Oh i know, you pick and choose your matches at this stage to do enough to stay up and build from there.

I just think the Creggan game will be interesting from a intensity level, i don't think we will be within 10 scores of them at the end but it'll be good craic if both sets of players are up for the battle!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: barnish oggie on April 14, 2022, 03:26:36 PM

Oh i know, you pick and choose your matches at this stage to do enough to stay up and build from there.

I just think the Creggan game will be interesting from a intensity level, i don't think we will be within 10 scores of them at the end but it'll be good craic if both sets of players are up for the battle!

It'll be like Armoy playing Ballycastle
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Flanker

Would you not be concerned about the building blocks to build from. Juvenile teams in Div 3.

Not a great base to be working from.

With the numbers catchment area and facilities does that not need fixed

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Flanker on April 14, 2022, 04:20:08 PM

Would you not be concerned about the building blocks to build from. Juvenile teams in Div 3.

Not a great base to be working from.

With the numbers catchment area and facilities does that not need fixed

You can have juvenile teams in whatever division but if you can have three moving on to a senior div 1 team every other year and allow them to develop you'll do ok.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2022, 03:52:55 PM

It'll be like Armoy playing Ballycastle

Or Carey playing Ballycastle..