Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

Quote from: NatSoSaff on April 02, 2022, 10:39:27 PM
Don't blame the clubs! I'm sure they entered with the best of intentions and to give their players the opportunity at least to try to field. How the hell was that ever going to happen on a Saturday when their best players will be at county u20 and a handful of their better players will also be playing senior club most likely the following day. Also factor in part time work as mentioned before. Poor form digging clubs out Ck

Easy to blame the county committee. My understanding is that they put a proposal to the clubs which was accepted. So why accept it and then choose not to field? Every week.
County players played the night before. Play without them. The whole point is to bridge the gap between 17s and senior so just get the youngsters out and play. I don't see anything but fault with clubs on this.

NatSoSaff

County players played the night before? County u20 league games were all Saturday's. Club u20's also scheduled for Saturdays. Yes, excellent move by the 'county committee' or whoever you're referring to. It's all the clubs fault, I see that now.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NatSoSaff on April 05, 2022, 08:18:10 AM
County players played the night before? County u20 league games were all Saturday's. Club u20's also scheduled for Saturdays. Yes, excellent move by the 'county committee' or whoever you're referring to. It's all the clubs fault, I see that now.

But if the clubs accepted it at the start knowing the fixture headache it would provide, why enter teams if you thought it was going to be difficult?

The problem the real problem is trying to stick in dates that suit, not just for under 20's but all the grades and codes, schools and uni's .. If we'd a few facilities like the Connacht GAA Centre of Excellence where games can be run off in the winter then a meaningful competition would be met with no hicups

Now where can we get €20 million
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

Quote from: NatSoSaff on April 05, 2022, 08:18:10 AM

The clubs ACCEPTED the proposal! No-one else, the clubs!
Why accept it if you then say you cannot field. My club knew they would be without players, they knew there were many challenges, but accepted it anyway just to give the younger lads meaningful games. That's the whole point! Just let them get out and play. League results don't matter, just give them games. Just put out last years U17s.
If we all wait until we have a full team then very few fixtures would be fulfilled.

Dreen

U20 league is not fit for purpose and clubs can't take the blame on this. This is a result of the age group moves and personally I think we need back to u18 again next year.
The county are in a situation of trying to create something here that shouldn't be in the mix at all.
This year's competition will run poor, let's hope the significant change made so from next year it will work for us all.

country bumpkin

Wonder if BS has visited an office of 'Boylesports' recently...?

PG1 have been reduced from 12/1 to 7/1 to win the senior championship 2022....

Creggan are a generous 100/30.....with Cargin at a prohibitive 2/1 and L D at 3/1....

Saffsof82

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 05, 2022, 12:56:42 PM

Creggan are a generous 100/30.....with Cargin at a prohibitive 2/1 and L D at 3/1....

TBF.. 12/1 was very generous for PG1, still wouldn't have money on them though

toby47

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 05, 2022, 01:47:55 PM

Neither would i straight, but each way on the handy side of the draw is a good shout surely?

Milltown Row2

Jesus, the mind games have started brave and early

Flanker

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 05, 2022, 01:47:55 PM

Was 12/1 prior to the draw being made ?

Spike

Boylesports must have the inside track on who is refereeing the Cargin Games  ;)

Initially looks harsh on LD

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on April 05, 2022, 02:35:24 PM

Boylesports must have the inside track on who is refereeing the Cargin Games  ;)

Initially looks harsh on LD

Unfair on Creggan  ;)

rogercasement

That means if you have 20 quid on casements, you lose 20 quid. Hope I'm wrong but can't see us winning a championship this year.

NatSoSaff

That's where my money is going.