Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Indeed EOC. Going to be some fun watching this career develop. Straight out of the Rolls Royce factory.

Shout out to Hugh Aaron Paddy Benny and anyone else involved in producing that performance last night. Credit where it's due.

Saffsof82

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 02, 2022, 01:28:16 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 02, 2022, 01:24:08 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 02, 2022, 01:21:39 AM
Sure what do you expect.
How are you expected to pick a decent u20 team when Antrim haven't hosted a proper u20 tournament/league/championship for the past 3 years, when lads are working generally on Saturday trying to earn a few quid. The "u20 championship" has been a shambles the past few years and most games haven't been played and shite teams have ended up winning a tournament that no team ever bothered with and most withdrew from. Ever since it moved from u21 and the Creggan tournament to what it is now it's the best of a bad lot who want to field a team. How are the u20 management expected to pick a decent squad of emerging players from this if this age group haven't played for the guts of three years. Shambles wouldn't even come close to what it is at the minute.

Glenravel beat st galls in the 2021 u20 A championship final
Lisburn beat Rasharkin the 2021 u20 B championship final

Has there not only been 1 Un20 championship due to covid?
Nah I don't think so. There were fixtures every year for it but the tournament as it was since it moved to u20 has been a shambles and most of the top clubs have half assed it or didn't even field teams. How are management meant to field a decent team when games at this age group aren't even being played. How are you meant to pick a county team when these boys haven't played in three years basically. I'm sure Derry and the likes have got their fixtures in order. Shambles doesn't even come close

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on April 02, 2022, 07:30:31 AM
Quote from: bannside on April 01, 2022, 11:46:08 PM
Sean Duffin a proper player Dreen. You can just see the class oozing out of him. A county Star of the future without a doubt...has got the lot, now if he could be turned into a scoring forward that would be the cherry on the top.

But that wasn't who I had in mind. Let's just say he is bred in the purple to be a senior county footballer. We will be watching this young man for almost as many years as we have been watching his Dad and his uncles.
Sean O Neill, looked tremendous last night. Can play anywhere

Sean O'Neill is a class act EOC and has established himself on the senior ranks for a couple of years.
Seems BS missed last night him or his genealogy...??

Saffsof82

For me the difference in the teams last night was L.Murray, a real go to forward for Derry, something we are missing. Derry only scored 5 from play last night, 7 frees, of which id say 4 of them should never have been given.

Flanker

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 02, 2022, 08:54:02 AM
Sean Duffin a proper player Dreen. You can just see the class oozing out of him. A county Star of the future without a doubt...has got the lot, now if he could be turned into a scoring forward that would be the cherry on the top.

But that wasn't who I had in mind. Let's just say he is bred in the purple to be a senior county footballer. We will be watching this young man for almost as many years as we have been watching his Dad and his uncles.

Sean O'Neill is a class act EOC and has established himself on the senior ranks for a couple of years.

BS doesn't appear to have missed much
CB take a scroll up and have a read.... Either that or your being way 2 cryptic for me

country bumpkin

Quote from: Flanker on April 02, 2022, 09:14:01 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on April 02, 2022, 08:54:02 AM

BS doesn't appear to have missed much
CB take a scroll up and have a read.... Either that or your being way 2 cryptic for me

Think he had to be reminded by an EOC comment....

Sean has been long established in Cargin's senior ranks with 3 championships to date (2 minor + 1 senior and a coupe of league medals)...
BS observed the PG1 connection in Sean Duffin an excellent young talent.....but undoubtedly our Sean is bred in the purple excelling for years at under age and continuing within the senior ranks...

bannside

CB having a senior moment methinks....of course it was SON I'm talking about. It was a well known Saffron Gael reporter from Time who first alerted me to this outrageous talent....

Ps, I didn't know the PG1 connection lol

Flanker

Quote from: bannside on April 02, 2022, 09:48:44 AM
CB having a senior moment methinks....of course it was SON I'm talking about. It was a well known Saffron Gael reporter from Time who first alerted me to this outrageous talent....

Senior or Blonde

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Flanker on April 02, 2022, 09:52:58 AM

Senior or Blonde

Possibly neither
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

But not far from senior Urself....it was Sean Duffin u waxed lyrical about...
When we remain on the subject how come Cargin had a big cintingent on the team but having to work overtime to win back to back minor titles in 2019/20 against Brigids how many Musgrave lad on our u20 team.
And again, having been well beaten in the u20 championship last year how many Milltown men were involved last night.....

country bumpkin

'Sean Duffin is a proper player Dreen, you can see the class oozing outa him'.....as per BS.

Flanker

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 02, 2022, 10:32:41 AM

But not far from senior Urself....it was Sean Duffin u waxed lyrical about...
When we remain on the subject how come Cargin had a big cintingent on the team but having to work overtime to win back to back minor titles in 2019/20 against Brigids how many Musgrave lad on our u20 team.
And again, having been well beaten in the u20 championship last year how many Milltown men were involved last night.....

CB scroll up a bit further and read again. Clear as day who BS was talking about. It was Dreen who mentioned 11

paddyjohn

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 02, 2022, 01:28:16 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 02, 2022, 01:24:08 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 02, 2022, 01:21:39 AM
Sure what do you expect.
How are you expected to pick a decent u20 team when Antrim haven't hosted a proper u20 tournament/league/championship for the past 3 years, when lads are working generally on Saturday trying to earn a few quid. The "u20 championship" has been a shambles the past few years and most games haven't been played and shite teams have ended up winning a tournament that no team ever bothered with and most withdrew from. Ever since it moved from u21 and the Creggan tournament to what it is now it's the best of a bad lot who want to field a team. How are the u20 management expected to pick a decent squad of emerging players from this if this age group haven't played for the guts of three years. Shambles wouldn't even come close to what it is at the minute.

Has there not only been 1 Un20 championship due to covid?
Nah I don't think so. There were fixtures every year for it but the tournament as it was since it moved to u20 has been a shambles and most of the top clubs have half assed it or didn't even field teams. How are management meant to field a decent team when games at this age group aren't even being played. How are you meant to pick a county team when these boys haven't played in three years basically. I'm sure Derry and the likes have got their fixtures in order. Shambles doesn't even come close

I could of swore that I saw a report in the Saffron Gael that Glenravel were the first winners of the Un20 championship last year. The reason it was such a significant achievement was they were also the first winners of the old Un21 one in the 60s.

NatSoSaff

Not as much doom and gloom after all with the youth teams coming up. That was an exceptional performance last night. Players and management can be proud. Mcaleece, Hagan, Hynds, Duffin and O'Neill won't be long stepping up on that evidence. As good a performance as you could have hoped for from that team. Murray for Derry was the difference.
Clubs closer to full strength tomorrow should make things interesting in the league now. Predictions?

Dreen

Sean O'Neill a standout player for sure, class