Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 3986679 times)

rogercasement

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #24075 on: January 28, 2022, 11:14:23 PM »

Black taxi
Wouldnít get too carried away lads. Sure itís only Macrory cup football, itís not that important  ::)

Did your lads no good  ;)

Antrim could maybe put on a few buses and start bringing all the good footballers from Antrim to the good football schools in the different counties. Run a wee taxi bus from Belfast if they could fill it.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #24076 on: January 28, 2022, 11:19:59 PM »
Him and Johnston are two boys I have read about for a few years. Didnít realise they were so young. Three cargin boys on the team and a portglenone and Antrim boy on the subs.

Those boys will be getting the best of coaching and basically training and living like professional footballers during their school days. I canít understand how people donít see the benefits of Macrory cup football or even top end mcclarnon cup level. The boys at club level obviously need to be good enough to get on the panels but that type of football can bring decent footballers on that they become excellent footballers in the space of a year or 2. They are also in the shop window for Universities and access to top level football there too. Antrim need to start getting all of their schools competitive and winning C level and B level football competitions asap!  and then start thinking about getting competitive in Macrory.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #24077 on: January 28, 2022, 11:21:01 PM »

Black taxi
Wouldnít get too carried away lads. Sure itís only Macrory cup football, itís not that important  ::)

Did your lads no good  ;)

Antrim could maybe put on a few buses and start bringing all the good footballers from Antrim to the good football schools in the different counties. Run a wee taxi bus from Belfast if they could fill it.

Probably wouldnít even need a black taxi if Belfast donít get their act together.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #24078 on: January 28, 2022, 11:24:11 PM »
As much as football is the main sport in the SW, hurling will be the sport that has and will be for a while to come number one in St Louis, St Mary's and Cross and Passion.

I never knew St. Louis was a hurling school. I never really hear them winning much. I thought it was mainly Maghera and St Maryís Belfast who were the usual suspects for finals.

Dreen

• View Profile
« Reply #24079 on: January 28, 2022, 11:33:28 PM »
Youíre  taking the piss Jim, I suppose Oran Kearney has all the cross and passion lads playing soccer not hurling.

Cross and passion have really stepped up their work in hurling and camogie and Saint Louis have improved in the last 10 years with Dunloy input having helped. Around 10 of Dunloys winning team this year were past pupils of St Louis
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 12:04:50 AM by Dreen »

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #24080 on: January 29, 2022, 07:19:46 AM »
Youíre  taking the piss Jim, I suppose Oran Kearney has all the cross and passion lads playing soccer not hurling.

Cross and passion have really stepped up their work in hurling and camogie and Saint Louis have improved in the last 10 years with Dunloy input having helped. Around 10 of Dunloys winning team this year were past pupils of St Louis

Not sure if itís true or not but from what I read on google, St. Louis have 1 title since 1990? I thought they would have favoured football over hurling in that school.

Saffrongael

• View Profile
« Reply #24081 on: January 29, 2022, 08:25:19 AM »
St Louis getting Loughgiel players now which Iím not sure historically would ever have been the case, but getting Loughgiel & Dunloy minors is some start to putting a team together

Dreen

• View Profile
« Reply #24082 on: January 29, 2022, 11:51:40 AM »

Not sure if itís true or not but from what I read on google, St. Louis have 1 title since 1990? I thought they would have favoured football over hurling in that school.

They are competing for success a lot better than they would have been historically but the Dunloy and Loughgiel players the main reason for that

I played Mageean hurling there and that said something of the standard at that time
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 11:55:08 AM by Dreen »

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #24083 on: January 29, 2022, 08:36:12 PM »
Big win for the Saffrons......changes a plenty before easing  over the line with a good bit to spare....perfect start.

1-14 to 0-08

rogercasement

• View Profile
« Reply #24084 on: January 29, 2022, 08:45:19 PM »
Well now...

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #24085 on: January 29, 2022, 09:13:49 PM »
Great start! And seemed easy enough at the end. Were you on the line CB?

rogercasement

• View Profile
« Reply #24086 on: January 29, 2022, 09:18:33 PM »
Wasn't there but a friend was, messaging me during it, he has been following Antrim for years, said it was fittest Antrim team he has ever seen. Well done lads.

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24087 on: January 29, 2022, 09:19:58 PM »
Wasn't there but a friend was, messaging me during it, he has been following Antrim for years, said it was fittest Antrim team he has ever seen. Well done lads.

He was asking CB
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rogercasement

• View Profile
« Reply #24088 on: January 29, 2022, 09:38:21 PM »

I wasn't replying to him mr2  I was stating a fact.
Just like your refereeing not seeing the overall play.

He was asking CB

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #24089 on: January 29, 2022, 09:41:32 PM »
5/2 double Antrim and Derry. Money for oul rope.  Great start to the league, well deserved, Cargin men to the fore, with Mick the master and big shout out to wee Jamie who was superb. More feedback later, in Pat's Bar Enniskillen for a bite and a pint.