Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2009

Started by drici, August 18, 2009, 10:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SambaSaffron

As a former pupil of both colleges, I still reckon if Maghera get the Convent in the knock-out stages they'd beat them.

saffron sam2

Quote from: screenexile on December 01, 2009, 11:03:28 AM
I wouldn't quite equate an All Ireland 7's title with an U21 title but maybe... at a stretch... you could say it's equal to an All Ireland B Title with "The Best School in South Derry".

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on December 01, 2009, 11:26:12 AM
Screenexile. I didn't know that McBride went to St. Mary's Colege Clady.

Priceless. Well done tfal.  :)
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

nrico2006

QuoteI'd imagine they are all club Honours with 8 Antrim Senior Championships probably 1 or 2 Minors, 2 Ulster Senior and 2 All Ireland 7s?

I wouldn't quite equate an All Ireland 7's title with an U21 title but maybe... at a stretch... you could say it's equal to an All Ireland B Title with "The Best School in South Derry".

In my opinion I would still say that McBride's CV is more impressive than anyone on the Gall's team.

Agreed.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

dundrumite

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 01, 2009, 11:25:18 AM
Quote from: oakleafgael on December 01, 2009, 11:13:18 AM
Its up to the man who won them to decide what he holds as most important imo. I would think 90% of people would say it would be anything won with the club.

So the club is more important, yet a St. Gall's man with eight senior county and two Ulsters has a less impressive cv than a Loup man with two and one respectively. Strange.

Nice to see you couldnt resist a smart arsed comment about a "girls" school.

That's for my Draperstown friend (who started this shite) as you could possibly have guessed had you read his response to my post.

As a matter of interest what counties dont take the U21 competiton seriously.

Off the top of your head, name the last three All-Ireland under 21 winners and the provincial winners in each of those years. I know Down lost to Cork this year, but beyond that I have no idea. And if Down were taking it seriously, if it was a serious competition why was their manager not considered for the senior job.
I would suggest that neither your county nor mine take the under-21s seriously. if they did, they would have different managers for each team.

Straw clutching argument there. How serious Down take the Under 21 comp is nothing to do with the appointment of the senior job what so ever. The fact he previously was an All Ireland senior winning manager and didn't get the job would dispel that myth. Just because you can't remember the previous winners doesn't mean it is not taken seriously.

shambo

the match is over and a new thread should be put up. the Galway champs are no mugs having won the Connacht title two years in a row. while the Mayo champions seemed a poor team it wont go unnoticed that they racked up a good score without some of their main players.

having watched part of the game last night i'd say they are two evenly matched teams and should be a good game.

how the galls lads will do on two fronts is another question. with 8/9 dual players with the fitness and strength, it could be a deciding factor with their game in the hurling, or the dual players may just concentrate on the football? i doubt it though as that would be some achievement to reach two finals at Croke park

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: SambaSaffron on December 01, 2009, 09:55:41 AM
Some awful crap posted in here. First of all, congratulations to St Galls, excellent performance and on that form they'll be hard to stop. Loup just couldn't compete, but I'm sure they'll be happy enough with their year.

For the personal attacks on Johnny McBride, wise up. The man has been a class footballer for about 15 years for club and county, and as someone says you don't win the honours he has by fluke. I'm sure he isn't too worried about what some loser on her says anyway. As for Kilcoo man, get over it ffs, yous were beat fair and square. I was at the game as a neutral, the ref wasn't the reason you lost. Move on, you are making your club look bad on here.

I am giving the opinion off Kilcoo people and further afield, We where denied a clear free at the last and lost a man for very little not to mention many other dubious calls. Ive took my beating and wished the Loup all the best for the final. I know if either off the two major decisions ive mentioned where called correctly the result would have been different. Its tough when you loose in a manner like that but i take nothing away from Loup. My gripe is with a Mr Paudie Hughes who is detested even in his own county because he is one off these referees that is out to be the centre off attention. Every local and national paper and Austin OCallaghan on BBC where critical off Hughes over these wrong calls post match including a number off nuetrals and people from the Loup ive spoken to since.

imtommygunn

The U21 competition is taken very seriously by counties. The only one of the "big" counties who may, and I say may, take it lightly is Kerry.

My biggest disappointment from an Antrim football perspective over the last few years was the lack of investment in the u21 set-up. They had a team capable of challenging a few years ago and the current crop are nowhere near as good. I would have put that at the feet of Jody Gormley to be honest.

Look at where Cork are now. They've had a lot of success of late in the u21s. There are teams who aren't building on u21 success granted - Mayo, Galway and Down to name but three - however it's been a great building block for a number of teams. Those who take it lightly do so at their peril. The foundations of Tyrones AI success was the u21 team of circa 2000. The successful Armagh team had an ulster u21.

ogshead

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on December 01, 2009, 06:49:59 PM
Quote from: SambaSaffron on December 01, 2009, 09:55:41 AM
Some awful crap posted in here. First of all, congratulations to St Galls, excellent performance and on that form they'll be hard to stop. Loup just couldn't compete, but I'm sure they'll be happy enough with their year.

For the personal attacks on Johnny McBride, wise up. The man has been a class footballer for about 15 years for club and county, and as someone says you don't win the honours he has by fluke. I'm sure he isn't too worried about what some loser on her says anyway. As for Kilcoo man, get over it ffs, yous were beat fair and square. I was at the game as a neutral, the ref wasn't the reason you lost. Move on, you are making your club look bad on here.

I am giving the opinion off Kilcoo people and further afield, We where denied a clear free at the last and lost a man for very little not to mention many other dubious calls. Ive took my beating and wished the Loup all the best for the final. I know if either off the two major decisions ive mentioned where called correctly the result would have been different. Its tough when you loose in a manner like that but i take nothing away from Loup. My gripe is with a Mr Paudie Hughes who is detested even in his own county because he is one off these referees that is out to be the centre off attention. Every local and national paper and Austin OCallaghan on BBC where critical off Hughes over these wrong calls post match including a number off nuetrals and people from the Loup ive spoken to since.

There's only one thing for it... we'll have to call Sepp Blatter and see can they be put into the All club draw :'( :'(!! So much whining... what team has never had a gripe about at least one game where the referee fucked up. It used to wind me up big time when decisions went against us but you soon learn that in other cases you'll get the rub of the green. Paudie refereed the Armagh final and he sent one of our boys off harshly in the last minute after he skipped through three attempts to floor him. I still don't detest him and I'm from Armagh. Give it a f**king rest

randomtask

tyrone should win under 21 all ireland this year, watch this space;)

Bogball XV

In my opinion has more medals of note than any St. Galls player, but I'd ahve to agree, U21 isn't treated all that seriously in many counties, Derry is normally one of those, although on occasion they have a rattle at it.

drici

Ulster Junior Hurling Club Championship:
Preliminary Round:
(Armagh)Sean Treacys 1-10 Rasharkin Saint Marys(Antrim) 4-13
Quarter Finals:
(Fermanagh)Lisnaskea Emmetts 0-12 Warrenpoint Saint Peters(Down) 0-08
(Monaghan)Carrickmacross Emmetts 1-05 Burt Hibernians(Donegal) 5-22
Rasharkin Saint Marys 1-21 Mullahoran Saint Josephs(Cavan) 0-01
(Tyrone)Naomh Colum Cille 2-12 Na Magha(Derry) 2-05
Semi Finals:
Lisnaskea Emmetts 1-04 Naomh Colm Cille 4-12                                               
Burt Hibernians 1-08 Rasharkin St Marys 1-10
Final:
Rasharkin St Marys 2-14 Naomh Colum Cille 4-10                                         Tyrone

Ulster Intermediate Hurling Club Championship:
Quarter Finals:
(Fermanagh)Lisbellaw Saint Patricks 1-06 Saint Galls(Antrim) 6-16
(Down)Liatroim Fontenoys 1-16 Castleblayney Faughs(Monaghan) 1-13
Semi Finals:
(Armagh)Middletown Na Fianna 2-13 Liatroim Fontenoys 1-11
(Tyrone)Eoghan Ruadh 1-06 St Galls 5-14
Final:
St Galls 5-11 Middletown Na Fianna 0-12                                                        Antrim

Ulster Senior Hurling Championship Semi Final:
(Derry)Dungiven Kevin Lynch's 2-13 Ballycran St Josephs(Down) 2-16
Final:
(Antrim)Dunloy Cúchullains 2-16 Ballycran St Josephs 2-11                               Antrim

Ulster Junior Football Club Championship:
Preliminary Round:
(Donegal)Moville Bun an Phobail 5-06 Glenn John Martins(Down) 2-05
Quarter Finals:
(Armagh)Shane O'Neills 2-12 Seán Dolans(Derry) 0-09
(Antrim)Ahoghill St Marys 1-09 Monaghan Harps 1-10
(Down)Ballymartin St Josephs 0-08 Cookstown Father Rocks(Tyrone) 2-09
(Fermanagh)Belnaleck Art McMurroughs 1-04 Moville Bun an Phobail(Donegal) 1-14
Semi Finals:
Shane O'Neills 0-09 Emyvale 0-12
Moville Bun an Phobail 2-07 St Teresas 2-09
Final:
Emyvale 2-06 St Teresas 1-09
Final Replay:
Emyvale 2-14 St Teresas 1-11                                                                       Monaghan

Ulster Intermediate Football Club Championship:
Preliminary Round:
(Derry)Ballymaguigan Saint Treas 0-08 Ballymartin Saint Josephs(Down) 0-09
Quarter Finals:
(Armagh)Newtown St Michaels 1-07 Gaeil Fhánada(Donegal) 2-08
(Fermanagh)Kinawley Brian Borus 0-13 Lavey Joe Biggars(Cavan) 0-15
(Down)Ballymartin St Josephs 0-08 Cookstown Father Rocks(Tyrone) 2-09
(Antrim)Ahoghill St Marys 1-09 Monaghan Harps 1-10
Semi Finals:
Gaeil Fhánada 1-08 Lavey Joe Biggars 1-14
Monaghan Harps 1-09 Cookstown Father Rocks 1-11
Final:
Cookstown Father Rocks 0-09 Lavey 1-04                                                       Tyrone

Ulster Senior Football Club Championship:
Preliminary Round:
Cavan Gaels 1-10 Antrim (Saint Galls) 1-12 (After Extra Time)
(Cavan Gaels 1-07 St Galls 1-07 Full Time)
Quarter Finals:
(Derry)Loup St Patricks 1-10 Derrygonnelly Harps(Fermanagh) 1-06
(Down)Kilcoo Owen Roes 0-13 Naomh Adhamhnáin(Donegal) 0-09
(Monaghan)Clontibret O'Neills 0-10 Dromore St Dympnas(Tyrone) 0-08
(Antrim)St Galls 0-10 Pearse Óg(Armagh) 0-08
Semi Finals:
Loup St Patricks 1-12 Kilcoo Owen Roes 1-11
Clontibret O'Neills 0-11 St Galls 2-15
Final:
St Galls 0-16 Loup St Patricks 0-05                                                                  Antrim

Milltown Row2

Drici, any news on the venues for all the Semi finals (particularly Naomh Gall v Tad in the inter. final)?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

drici

Quarter Final venues only so far:

All Ireland Junior Hurling Championship Quarter Final:
(Kilkenny)Black and Whites v John Mitchells(maddog)    Saturday January 9th  Nowlan Park

All Ireland Junior Football Championship Quarter Final:
(Alba)Dunedin Connollys v Emyvale(Monaghan)              Sunday January 10th  Páirc Esler Newry

All Ireland Senior Football Championship Quarter Final:
Tír Chonaill Gaels v Kilmurry Ibricane(Clare)                   Sunday January 24th  Ruislip

Milltown Row2

thanks Drici, i know you'll put that info up when ya have it.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians