Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2009

Started by drici, August 18, 2009, 10:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

Good look to Saint Teresa's and Saint Gall's on Sunday. This year has been a successful football season for us as a county and you have the support of everyone in Antrim. Lets round off 2009 with silverware to show for it. Good look lads.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Overthebar!

Quote from: Olly on November 27, 2009, 02:03:10 PM
Good look to Saint Teresa's and Saint Gall's on Sunday. This year has been a successful football season for us as a county and you have the support of everyone in Antrim. Lets round off 2009 with silverware to show for it. Good look lads.

are you taking the piss or can you just not spell luck?

thewanderer

Leave poor OLLY alone he means well as he doesn't accept the queens language ;D

Master Yoda

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 27, 2009, 12:14:39 PM
Out of your depth on here Master Yoda.

I'm told big Darren O'Hare (a bag of sugar under 20 stone in weight) is being given the Maor Uisce bib for Sunday. He's been told to stand beside Brennan and threaten manners if there is any physical interference with the Galls mentors. Worked when Lamh Dhearg gave the bib to big Fitzy.

This Brennan chappy appears to be taking on mythical status. Irish News has him up to championships with six different clubs in three different counties; I'm thinking Lavey, Loup and Slaughtniel in Derry; Carmen in Tyrone and Cargin in Antrim. Who's the other? Or can we expect, by Monday for it to be growing expotentially - 27 titles in eight counties in three different sports.

:D :D
Is that the big lad who used to play full forward for St Galls?
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

Atticus_Finch

Darren still plays,  made a valuable contribution in St Galls win over Cavan Gaels.

He's a bit of an all round sports man,  he recently got narrowly defeated on points in a boxing match against David Haye in Germany.

Many commentators felt that the decision was daylight robbery.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Master Yoda

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on November 27, 2009, 03:49:15 PM
Darren still plays,  made a valuable contribution in St Galls win over Cavan Gaels.

He's a bit of an all round sports man,  he recently got narrowly defeated on points in a boxing match against David Haye in Germany.
Many commentators felt that the decision was daylight robbery.

No way.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

milltown row

serious selection problem ahead for Sunday. all players through last nights training and all fit and raring to go. Naomh Galls bench is very stong with quality footballers and this may have beaing on the game.

i know the team i'd like to see, but Lenny will have done his homework and hopefully our club will go into our centenary year with two All Ireland Semi Finals in both codes to look forward to.

proper Gaa

Atticus, if Darren got his hands on ya you'd look like Yoda

Master Yoda

Big John O'Brien is John Brennans right hand man and I'm sure he'd be able to handle any of the St Galls lads including big Darren O'hare.  ;D

Master Yoda

Quote from: milltown row on November 27, 2009, 04:01:29 PM
serious selection problem ahead for Sunday. all players through last nights training and all fit and raring to go. Naomh Galls bench is very stong with quality footballers and this may have beaing on the game.

i know the team i'd like to see, but Lenny will have done his homework and hopefully our club will go into our centenary year with two All Ireland Semi Finals in both codes to look forward to.

proper Gaa

Atticus, if Darren got his hands on ya you'd look like Yoda

All joking aside Milltown it must be a nightmare trying to pick the St Galls team with the players that youse have, must be very hard to keep everyone happy but I suppose its a good problem to have.

milltown row

the team really picks itself to a certain point.

after 8 championships in 9/10 years, as many minor titles and under 21 titles they are all looking to get on that team.

there are at least 35 players on that squad. majority all goodins

A Quinn Martin Production

Good Luck to St Gall's on Sunday (and to St Teresa's too).  Another fillip for Antrim football if both were victorious.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Master Yoda

The danger of a team being as successful as St Galls have been in the past 10 years is that it leaves it very hard for good young players to break onto the team and sooner normally, rather than later you lose them young players to other sports or to the evils of booze, drugs and women ( not necessarily in that order ).

This is to a certain what happened to the brilliant Bellaghy team in the late 90's and early 2000's and to a certain extent has happened Ballinderry over the past 2- 3 years, but again success is not a bad problem to have.

milltown row

our club woud not have major problems, having 3 senior all county and 2 all county hurling teams we have plenty of teams for players to play for. for the ones looking to just enjoy we have two divisional teams (south antrim)

our biggest problem is losing players to overseas colleges, they don't always come back

gallsman

Quote from: Master Yoda on November 27, 2009, 04:10:12 PM
Big John O'Brien is John Brennans right hand man and I'm sure he'd be able to handle any of the St Galls lads including big Darren O'hare.  ;D

Bet he couldn't take Mackers' da though....