Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2009

Started by drici, August 18, 2009, 10:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SambaSaffron

In response to Yoda, aye they did. Had 3 sent off as well over the 80 mins.

imtommygunn

I thought it was 4?

1 in normal time who was replaced and 3 in extra time. (With one potentially beign after final whistle)

Could be wrong though...

brokencrossbar1

Come on St Gall's, win it for Antrim football and put it top of the pile!!!

SambaSaffron

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 17, 2009, 05:05:31 PM
I thought it was 4?

1 in normal time who was replaced and 3 in extra time. (With one potentially beign after final whistle)

Could be wrong though...
You are right actually, my mistake.

thewanderer

Quote from: winsamsoon on November 17, 2009, 04:10:14 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on November 17, 2009, 02:48:42 PM
Win typical clans sour grapes how can u say that the ogs are second in armagh when they won the championship fair and square and competed with cross on all occassions this year. Even the cross boys acknowledged that the ogs are the best team this year. Also would have to agree that the other counties tyrone and derry are competively stronger. When will the clans be able to climb into the top tier in armagh to help improve the standard?? I think Dromintee will compete next year with ogs and cross. ???

Once again we see a poster that when the facts are stacked against their argument they go down the line of trying to turn it into a club versus club rivalry. This mentality really pushes my buttons. IMO the Cross are still a better team than the ogs even though the og's are deservedly Armagh champions this year. I can say this because it is a well known fact that sometimes the best team is beaten on the day for a variety of different reasons ( This is nothing to do with Clan Na Gael or sour grapes as i was glad to see the og's win for the greater good of Armagh football) how you came to that conclusion i don't know. If the og' were to meet the Cross in the first round next year i would fancy the cross again not because i am from the clans, nor is it sour grapes but it is because i think Cross are a better side. It happens regularly in all sports were an underdog will snatch a late winner . Even though the team they are playing is a better team they have still been beaten. I think were you are picking me up wrong is that you think because i am from another Armagh club you feel i don't think the og's deserved to win the county championship. The O'g's thoroughly deserved the championship win. Maybe this is why you feel the need to bring my club into a debate which has simply nothing to do with them.
settle my old friend u just tickle my soft spot at times. but the underdog didnt snatch a late winner but should have against st. galls. at least their manager gave the ogs due credit that we wernt far away and a good side. ah well see u later have to get back to shining the old cup ;)

milltown row

Cross!!!

Antrim football will find last year hard to replicate, considering the draw and the unknown of the Qualifiers.

as for Ulster club, Naomh Gall have reached 6 finals and the Johnnies have reached 3, between us we have only won 3, thats not bad considering the quality of football (untill lately) was poor since the 50's golden years.

if we win on th 29th it will bound to hamper Bradley's early plans

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: milltown row on November 17, 2009, 06:58:02 PM
Cross!!!

Antrim football will find last year hard to replicate, considering the draw and the unknown of the Qualifiers.

as for Ulster club, Naomh Gall have reached 6 finals and the Johnnies have reached 3, between us we have only won 3, thats not bad considering the quality of football (untill lately) was poor since the 50's golden years.

if we win on th 29th it will bound to hamper Bradley's early plans

I genuinely want to see them winning because given the way things have been in Antrim over the years the success does not reflect the quality that is in the county.  With more success this will breed better teams and raise the level.  Realistically with a strong club scene and a driven manager over the county team there can be county success.

Minder

The standard in Antrim is very poor outside of St Galls and to a lesser extent Cargin. It is up to the other clubs to try and reach the level St Galls have.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

drici

Dia Domhnaigh   29-11-09

Ulster Junior Football Championship Final:
St Teresas v Emyvale   12:45   Páirc Esler Newry                                                Antrim Monaghan

Ulster Intermediate Football Championship Final:
Cookstown Father Rocks v Lavey Joe Biggars   14:30   Brewster Park Enniskillen      Tyrone Cavan

Ulster Senior Football Championship Final:
St Galls v Loup St Patricks   14:30   Páirc Esler Newry                                            Antrim Derry

milltown row

Quote from: drici on November 18, 2009, 01:41:18 PM
Dia Domhnaigh   29-11-09

Ulster Junior Football Championship Final:
St Teresas v Emyvale   12:45   Páirc Esler Newry                                                Antrim Monaghan

Ulster Intermediate Football Championship Final:
Cookstown Father Rocks v Lavey Joe Biggars   14:30   Brewster Park Enniskillen      Tyrone Cavan

Ulster Senior Football Championship Final:
St Galls v Loup St Patricks   14:30   Páirc Esler Newry                                            Antrim Derry

great common sense the Ulster Council have got it right. a Antrim Double header should be some crowd heading down for the games, early start for us

bennydorano

Thought Armagh was a cert for final considering the weather conditions lately (and location).  The only ground that was still capable of taking 2 games consectutively when all the rest were flooded. 

AFS

Quote from: bennydorano on November 18, 2009, 05:52:06 PM
Thought Armagh was a cert for final considering the weather conditions lately (and location).  The only ground that was still capable of taking 2 games consectutively when all the rest were flooded.

Probably would've been there but for the changing room situation.

milltown row

AFS

milltown row

aye they do ;D

very small though. i'd to ask people to stay out of changing rooms as there was little room