Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2009

Started by drici, August 18, 2009, 10:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Master Yoda on November 16, 2009, 11:59:06 AM
Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on November 16, 2009, 11:49:45 AM
The Loup will beat St. Gall's in the final. Get your money on now before the odds shorten. I'm never wrong!

You were wrong about the Loup V Bellaghy semi final lad. ;)

He is wrong about quite a lot so pay him no heed :P

tonesfirstandlast

The Loup will beat St. Gall's in the final. Get your money on now before the odds shorten. I'm never wrong!

Maybe, but I couldn't go against my own club. We beat you in the row after it but!  ;D.

I'll even give the score. 0-9 to 0-7. Johnny McBride will have McGourty sent off in the first half and another St. gall's player will also get the line.

Canalman

Having only seen St Gall's once (AIF they lost to Salthill despite imo being by far the better team) I think that they will win any club game if the pitch is dry. Saw them in person in a huddle on the CP pitch and me and my mate both commented how physically slight they were. Maybe they have bulked up since then.
Personally always like to see the city teams do well in this competition.

Master Yoda

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on November 16, 2009, 12:21:55 PM

Maybe, but I couldn't go against my own club. We beat you in the row after it but!  ;D.
I'll even give the score. 0-9 to 0-7. Johnny McBride will have McGourty sent off in the first half and another St. gall's player will also get the line.

You know thats not true tones.  :D
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

Glensman

Who said Jeroma could go on a holiday. Where are his updates? http://www.vimeo.com/user1785268/videos

Anyone any access to any footage from either of the semis?

Archie Mitchell

Showed the goals on BBC news there. UTV just mentioned that the 2 teams would meet in the final. TG4 have a highlights programme on tonight @ 00.17, might be something on there.

Also, what was up with Gallaghers celebration for his goals yesterday?

bennydorano

How Rory Gallagher never got busted is beyond me, he just roared in various Clontibret players faces for about the last 20 mins, total knob.  Good discipline from Clontibret I suppose.

Clontibret's disallowed goal was dubious.  I can only assume the ref gave a free out for a touch on the ground, but it clearly came off the 14's knee/leg.  Could have made a big difference.

Minder

Quote from: bennydorano on November 16, 2009, 07:24:20 PM
How Rory Gallagher never got busted is beyond me, he just roared in various Clontibret players faces for about the last 20 mins, total knob.  Good discipline from Clontibret I suppose.

Clontibret's disallowed goal was dubious.  I can only assume the ref gave a free out for a touch on the ground, but it clearly came off the 14's knee/leg.  Could have made a big difference.

I wonder what club he will play for next year.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

flantheman82

I personally thought he did touch the ball on the deck but would not have surprised nor upset if the goal had stood. Should never have been in that position.
Think kevin mcgourty showed a lot of self discipline in not to react to his constant harassment by clontibrets no. 5 whereas the old kevin would have reacted.
Also think the turning point was in moving terry oneill to the half back line and anto healy to the full back line. Both would be naturally attacking players and immediately put their markers on the back foot and terry also won a lot of dirty breaking ball.

milltown row

Quote from: Minder on November 16, 2009, 07:28:54 PM

I wonder what club he will play for next year.

Well, if we beat the Loup he'll most defo be playing for Naomh Gall next year (feb anyway)

milltown row

on the goal I was a bit unsure of what happened, first i thought he bounced the ball twice, then someone said he touched it along the ground. as it happened I thought it was a goal. could have been a different game though on Clontibret's performance i doubt the result would have been different.

how he missed the other one :o  he'll have nightmares over that

Smokin Joe

I too think it was disallowed due to a double hop, however I think this was very harsh as the 2nd hop was an attempt to control the ball after McManus lost his footing with his attempted dummy of the keeper.

SambaSaffron

The Cargin boys said Rory Gallagher was a complete p***k against them as well. Hope the Loup boys don't take any of his sh1t!

imtommygunn

Something was done on him that day though for him to lose the rag... Didn't exactly see what but there was definitely something happened to him off the ball and he spent the first half runnin round like a mad man after whoever did it...

Would doubt he's like that every game.

gallsman

Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 16, 2009, 08:31:17 PM
I too think it was disallowed due to a double hop, however I think this was very harsh as the 2nd hop was an attempt to control the ball after McManus lost his footing with his attempted dummy of the keeper.

If that's true, why would it matter? Just because you lose your footing doesn't give you the right to touch the ball with the hand again does it? The question people should be asking is why he didn't have the confidence to go for goal without having to round Gallagher, especially considering how well he'd been showing earlier in the match.