Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2009

Started by drici, August 18, 2009, 10:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

see your manager was talking shite today again in the paper, said that the referee will give us easy frees!!! this coming from a team that 'earned' frees to win the game last week!!

unfair pressure on the referee right away. i'm a referee myself, if i read that today and was refereeing i'd certainly have a different view on things.....

Schkite

Yeah I see he's been talking again, don't really see why he'd do that to be honest. Don't think we need to talk like that and I don't see the benefit of talking to the papers anyway, especially the likes of the Irish News who, lets face it, are hardly going to side with the view of a Monaghan team against an Antrim side.

Don't know what you mean however about us being a team that "earned" frees last week. Every scorable free we got was very clear-cut if you're suggesting they were soft.

milltown row

He gave off like ya never won a free!! course you earned them but to think that we will try and con the referee is silly.

should be a good game, not looking forward to finding a parking space tomorrow. two games at the venue tomorrow will e mental for traffic.

stayed away from the betting for it. no goals seems the best bet at 5/2

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Schkite

Quote from: milltown row on November 14, 2009, 09:03:03 PM
He gave off like ya never won a free!! course you earned them but to think that we will try and con the referee is silly.

should be a good game, not looking forward to finding a parking space tomorrow. two games at the venue tomorrow will e mental for traffic.

stayed away from the betting for it. no goals seems the best bet at 5/2

As I say, don't know what he was thinking talking to the papers, but I'll leave it at that.

Traffic bound to be brutal alright, not been at the Athletic Grounds for a while so not too sure what parking wil be like.

5/2 for no goals seems good enough value alright, I know we've been defending well recently, at preventing goals especially(hopefully that continues tomorrow), and yous seem to have a solid defence aswell, going by reports and the amount you concede. It'll probably be a low-scoring encounter again, as Ulster games usually are, and hopefully it'll be a good game too.

milltown row

Quote from: Minder on November 14, 2009, 10:01:00 PM
Milltown are you not an ex-referee?

i'm a brilliant referee ;) sure during all the games i'm the one telling the referee if he's doing alright

refereed a few games this year (mainly football :()

waitingforsam

Half time from casement

Kilkoo 0 7

Loup 0 4

Martin mclean sent of for Kilkoo  about 25 mins in
Been waiting since '94

Maguire01

Schkite

Extremely disappointed after that, it's been a long time since I've been as down after a game. The one point defeats to Cross were hard to take because of how close we were to winning, but this is completely different. I can't remember the last time we've been well beaten like that, it must be years.

First of all, hats off to St. Galls. A superb performance all over and we had no answer for their attacking which came from everywhere. Some of the play was excellent, in particular the pass for the second goal was sublime.

But it's hard to stomach when we played so poorly, nowhere near our potential and the final scoreline reflects badly on a team which is alot better than it suggests. We were making elementary mistakes all over, the kind these lads would never make, and passes were going astray etc, and whenever we made a mistake there were always a few Galls men there to take advantage. Their tackling and workrate was very impressive, we would usually do well in that department but not today. Things were looking alright early on, but when we missed 2 goal chances in a row when we were about 2 points up, you always had the feeling it would come back to haunt us. And McManus the man that missed them, usually he'd put them away in his sleep, but he tried very hard today and landed a few fantastic points. Who knows what could have been if even one of them went in. But once Galls got a foothold and scored a few points in a row, our heads went down. Very surprising, as this team would be mentally tough but there was no sign of that today. We were cleaned out at midfield and any time the was a breaking ball it was usually one of the Antrim men who collected it.

We were beaten by a much better team at the end of the day, but it's annoying to know we could have put up a much better fight. Good luck to Galls, it was a virtuoso performance and I think they'll win Ulster and have an excellent chance of landing the All Ireland.

stiffler

Quote from: Schkite on November 15, 2009, 04:46:30 PM
Extremely disappointed after that, it's been a long time since I've been as down after a game. The one point defeats to Cross were hard to take because of how close we were to winning, but this is completely different. I can't remember the last time we've been well beaten like that, it must be years.

First of all, hats off to St. Galls. A superb performance all over and we had no answer for their attacking which came from everywhere. Some of the play was excellent, in particular the pass for the second goal was sublime.

But it's hard to stomach when we played so poorly, nowhere near our potential and the final scoreline reflects badly on a team which is alot better than it suggests. We were making elementary mistakes all over, the kind these lads would never make, and passes were going astray etc, and whenever we made a mistake there were always a few Galls men there to take advantage. Their tackling and workrate was very impressive, we would usually do well in that department but not today. Things were looking alright early on, but when we missed 2 goal chances in a row when we were about 2 points up, you always had the feeling it would come back to haunt us. And McManus the man that missed them, usually he'd put them away in his sleep, but he tried very hard today and landed a few fantastic points. Who knows what could have been if even one of them went in. But once Galls got a foothold and scored a few points in a row, our heads went down. Very surprising, as this team would be mentally tough but there was no sign of that today. We were cleaned out at midfield and any time the was a breaking ball it was usually one of the Antrim men who collected it.

We were beaten by a much better team at the end of the day, but it's annoying to know we could have put up a much better fight. Good luck to Galls, it was a virtuoso performance and I think they'll win Ulster and have an excellent chance of landing the All Ireland.

Who were best for st galls?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Mid Down Gael

Well done to Loup on beating us today. They finished stronger with the extra man killing us. Paul Youngs goal was worthy off winning any game. I would like to applaud our lads on a wonderful display. However, Paudie Hughes was a disgrace. He firstly harshly sent off Marty McClean for very little, he gave Loup many handy free kicks and he denied us a very scorable free at the end to draw it. Ive said it before this w**ker should not be geting big games. An absolute scum bag. Well done Loup.

Schkite

Quote from: stiffler on November 15, 2009, 05:01:42 PM
Quote from: Schkite on November 15, 2009, 04:46:30 PM

Who were best for st galls?

Ah they were all good to be honest! A real team performance. The wing-backs did very well on the attack, set up a good few scores and at the same time keeping our half-forwards on the back foot at the same time. The midfield did well as I say and their players in the middle third mopped up alot of breaking ball, can't remember who in particular. Rory Gallagher and CJ hit some very nice scores. Couldn't really give you a name who was best, it was all a bit of a blur at times!  :-[

Mag Pies

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on November 15, 2009, 05:09:19 PM
Well done to Loup on beating us today. They finished stronger with the extra man killing us. Paul Youngs goal was worthy off winning any game. I would like to applaud our lads on a wonderful display. However, Paudie Hughes was a disgrace. He firstly harshly sent off Marty McClean for very little, he gave Loup many handy free kicks and he denied us a very scorable free at the end to draw it. Ive said it before this w**ker should not be geting big games. An absolute scum bag. Well done Loup.

I have to agree with that. The performance of Hughes today was shameful. As well as doing his best to prevent the game flowing he also gave many, many soft frees to the Loup. Kilcoo players and spectators have every right to feel annoyed and angry at his performance. However well done to the Loup, they didn't pick him and got on with it. Their No 15, Paul Young was very handy and was their outlet for nearly every ball. They also were very accurate with their shooting and only kicked a few wides at the death.

windyshepardhenderson

Well done to the loup. Unfortunately I think Galls may have too much for them to handle.
lavey's finest

RadioGAAGAA

I reckon the referee put a swing of at least 6 points in that game through frees awarded/not-awarded.

His performance was that bad it wasn't inept, it was sinister... definitely leaves you wondering about impartiality.

Galls will hammer the Loup. On another day with another referee, we'd have put 20 points on them.
i usse an speelchekor