a gallagher
o'neill
niblock
brady

not on squad but have plaed championship football in the past for antrim

3 mcgoartys
k stewart
o'hare

Can't remember Karl Stewart ever playing Championship football for Antrim.

You also missed Sean Kelly, probably the most talented of all the St. Gall's men.

How could i miss kelly - best footballer in antrim.

fairly sure stewart has played all right

imtommygunn

Stewart has never played championship for Antrim. I don't even think he's played in the league though I think he has played McKenna cup.

They also have one current Fermanagh and one former Fermanagh... (The goalie is Gallagher still isn't he?)

Caid

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 09, 2009, 03:37:44 PM
Stewart has never played championship for Antrim. I don't even think he's played in the league though I think he has played McKenna cup.

They also have one current Fermanagh and one former Fermanagh... (The goalie is Gallagher still isn't he?)

You may be able to make that two current Fermanagh players as Rory is in the McKenna Cup panel
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

milltown row

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 09, 2009, 03:37:44 PM

think Karl played under Mickey Culbert a couple of times, no Championship games though. from 82 to the late 90's there could have been a stack of 'Antrim' players that only played one or two Championship games ;)

sam03/05

anyone know the venues for the games this weekend?

drici

Dia Domhnaigh 15-11-09

Ulster Intermediate Football Club Championship Semi Finals:
Gaeil Fhánada v Lavey Joe Biggars    Brewster Park 14:30 S McNamee                               Donegal Cavan
Monaghan Harps  v Cookstown Father Rocks   Athletic Grounds 12:45 M McErlane               Monaghan Tyrone

Ulster Junior Football Club Championship Semi Finals
Shane O'Neills v Emyvale   Casement Park 12:45 JJ Cleary                                                  Armagh Monaghan
Moville Bun an Phobail v St Teresas   Brewster Park 12:45 J Galligan                                    Donegal Antrim

Ulster Senior Football Club Championship Semi Finals:
Loup St Patricks v Kilcoo Owen Roes   Casement Park 14:30 P Hughes                                  Derry Down
Clontibret O'Neills  v St Galls   Athletic Grounds 14:30 J McQuillan                                         Monaghan Antrim

milltown row

Schkite, your very quiet leading up to this game. seems ya have no chance. reading todays' Irish news the manager was looking for rain and players aren't fit and blah blah blah.

all managers say the same things (well accept Dinny) but really we all know that all the players are fit and raring to go. should be a good game. should be 1-3 points in it to the winners. the Loup game should also be tight. the Derry teams have a great record in Ulster so i expect Loup by two

winsamsoon

any of these games televised ???? Probably be the hurling this week saying we had Clontibret last week
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Schkite

Quote from: milltown row on November 12, 2009, 11:11:44 PM
Schkite, your very quiet leading up to this game. seems ya have no chance. reading todays' Irish news the manager was looking for rain and players aren't fit and blah blah blah.

all managers say the same things (well accept Dinny) but really we all know that all the players are fit and raring to go. should be a good game. should be 1-3 points in it to the winners. the Loup game should also be tight. the Derry teams have a great record in Ulster so i expect Loup by two

Ah sure you're right, we've no chance going by the bookies and who most people are tipping!  ;) Read Declan saying that in the Irish news yesterday alright, in fairness the Dromore game being postponed because of the rain helped us out with the two lads recovering, so I can understand him looking for more bad weather! Playing again only 7 days later won't help with a couple of knocks we picked up, but you're absolutely right, the players are raring to go, that was seen last week with Conor and JP playing through the pain barrier. Hopefully they're ready for another battle on Sunday. I hear yous have a couple of players with knocks yourselves, hopefully all are ready for what should be a good tight game.

orangeman

Quote from: winsamsoon on November 13, 2009, 11:54:36 AM
any of these games televised ???? Probably be the hurling this week saying we had Clontibret last week

2 hurling games on this week -

Portumna and Loughrea deferred -
Ballygunner and Cratloe live.

milltown row

sure its only fair that they have hurling and football every other week. equality is one thing TG4 are really good at!!!

unlike the the Irish News and the other rags

Zapatista

Quote from: milltown row on November 13, 2009, 02:45:21 PM

sure its only fair that they have hurling and football every other week. equality is one thing TG4 are really good at!!!

unlike the the Irish News and the other rags

This is a football thread ;D